Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time Cox_ba12

The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:27 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by sosam117 Today at 8:24 am

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Today at 8:03 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time Empty
Live on Patrol

The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time

Go down

The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time Empty The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time

Post  Kim Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:45 pm

After letting multiple calm days pass by with not a single R/C plane circling the hill, today, the Q-Tee got a work-out.

If the amount of generated debris equals the amount of fun experienced...I must have had a Big Day!

The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time Img_2711

https://youtu.be/rLFQuvY7v4c
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time Empty Re: The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time

Post  MauricioB Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:35 am

Kim, my friend, good to see you ... you do a really valuable job. It takes a long time to change and configure engines, I admire your work, I have captured images from your video, I just have to say that these videos are beautiful, I really enjoy them, here are some captures ... Very Happy cheers  Clapping  Clapping
The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time Cox_0410
The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time Arden_11
The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time Ohlsso11
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time Empty Re: The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time

Post  balogh Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:01 am

Very nice video like always, Kim..I also feel sort of guilty if I leave some of my planes idle for long and fly only others, so after so many flights with the Quickie100 and the Lil Roughneck I took my Roaring 20 to the field yesterday. Despite stormy winds the lil critter excelled even though sometimes only stayed motionless in the air because of the strong headwind. My old TeeDee 020 works wonders after so many hours on its clock!

I also hand launch my planes because of the deep grass and uneven terrain of the field and wonder had I a nice mowed airfield could my larger 049 reedy powered planes take off from the ground? Have you tried if e.g. the RR1 could haul the Q-TEE, especially with the video gear mounted on it, from the ground? I suppose with a sufficiently long and well paved runway it would...
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:51 am

MauricioB wrote:Kim, my friend, good to see you ... you do a really valuable job. It takes a long time to change and configure engines, I admire your work, I have captured images from your video, I just have to say that these videos are beautiful.

Thank You Mauricio!!!!

I DO enjoy flying these models and the camaraderie of friends with similar interests!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:07 am

balogh wrote:Very nice video like always, Kim..I also feel sort of guilty if I leave some of my planes idle for long and fly only others, so after so many flights with the Quickie100 and the Lil Roughneck I took my Roaring 20 to the field yesterday. Despite stormy winds the lil critter excelled even though sometimes only stayed motionless in the air because of the strong headwind. My old TeeDee 020 works wonders after so many hours on its clock!

I also hand launch my planes because of the deep grass and uneven terrain of the field and wonder had I a nice mowed airfield could my larger 049 reedy powered planes take off from the ground? Have you tried if e.g. the RR1 could haul the Q-TEE, especially with the video gear mounted on it, from the ground? I suppose with a sufficiently long and well paved runway it would...

Yeah, I know about that "guilty feeling" of having some planes parked for a while. Mud Dabber is waiting for me to install a new fuel tank, and confronts me every time I open the door to my shop! Very Happy

I've wasted several good flying days, but just wasn't in the mood to fly (sounds weird to say that, but true), then suddenly, it's a priority.

I think the RR-1, and ESPECIALLY the Arden .099, would haul the Q-Tee and it's camera out of the yard with authority, but the grass is a bit tall, so I just chucked it into the air. I've got a bunch more engines to try on the Q-Tee, so may do some ROG's one I get the yard mowed.

Keep'em Flying Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RC Plane
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:15 am

It's good to see some new videos -- hope the debris field wasn't too large. I've not been to the field recently, just hiding out and working on mowers, chainsaws and weedeaters. I missed the Paducah Flyin last Saturday, just couldn't get up the muster to drive over.

Hope all is well across the creek and you're not AWOL for as long.

a--
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:27 am

andrew wrote:It's good to see some new videos -- hope the debris field wasn't too large.  I've not been to the field recently, just hiding out and working on mowers, chainsaws and weedeaters.  I missed the Paducah Flyin last Saturday, just couldn't get up the muster to drive over.

Hope all is well across the creek and you're not AWOL for as long.

a--

Hey Andrew,
Thanks man, the "debris field" might have been a misnomer...I was just referring to the mess I make whenever I try to do something in the shop. If that place is clean and orderly, you can bet that there hasn't been anything happening out there!

Got some stuff to post here shortly, just had a mild case of burn-out, and needed some "staring into space time".

Hope you're doing good as well!

Not Whining About The Heat Kim
(well, maybe a LITTLE whining...)
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:55 pm

What's hanging out the left side of the nose?
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:42 pm

I guess the tank filling and vent tubes?
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:45 pm

OhBee wrote:What's hanging out the left  side of the nose?

There's a 1 ounce tank in the Q-Tee's nose for engines that don't have integral tanks. The lines are stored out of the way when not needed:

The old Q-Tee gets some Flying Time 18_14
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down