Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

Fuel and starting batterie for a Stuka Babe_b10

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
June-2020
Kim's

"Double Your Pleasure" Two .020 Tee Dees and Their New Tanks"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Fuel and starting batterie for a Stuka Empty

Fuel and starting batterie for a Stuka

Go down

Fuel and starting batterie for a Stuka Empty Fuel and starting batterie for a Stuka

Post  Debenjo on Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:31 pm

I live in Montreal Québec, i need to know what kind of fuel i need for a stuka, and where i can find it with a starting batterie.

Tx
Debenjo
Debenjo

Back to top Go down

Fuel and starting batterie for a Stuka Empty Re: Fuel and starting batterie for a Stuka

Post  balogh on Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:35 pm

Hi Debenjo welcome to the forum. COX engines run best on 50...60% methanol plus 20...30% nitromethane plus 20...25% castor oil. Your local hobby shop may sell such "glow fuel" but make sure its lube content is either all castor or at least half castor and half synthetic oil.

Use D size batteries connected in parallel to provide no more than 1.5 Volts and make sure the glow head filament is orange hot when connected. You will see the glow through the exhaust ports if the piston top opens them up.

If you are new to COX engines then come back for advice if you have problems in starting up and running your engine...come back anyway, this is a great international forum of COX engine enthusiasts.
balogh
balogh
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2019 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Fuel and starting batterie for a Stuka Empty Re: Fuel and starting batterie for a Stuka

Post  Alann on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:58 pm

If you want to start the battery, you can find it on Amazon or some other sites. According to the model recommended, it is usually NiMH battery.
Alann
Alann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum