Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


need a bidder Babe_b10
Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jetex engines
by Marleysky Today at 12:24 pm

» Merlin inserts?
by Cox International Today at 12:13 pm

» cox gtp 049 mod
by davidll1984 Today at 12:00 pm

» New Parts Lot #1
by davidll1984 Today at 11:46 am

» It's all about balance.
by Iceberg Today at 10:54 am

» Plastic tank issues
by fredvon4 Today at 9:59 am

» Here. Hold my beer.
by rsv1cox Today at 9:54 am

» Two New 1/2a Combat Planes
by NEW222 Today at 9:16 am

» OS engine ?
by Ken Cook Today at 4:06 am

» Kirn NVA Issues
by Aero Yesterday at 8:36 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2020
Jason_WI's

"Pieces and parts RR-1. New crank, rotary valve, and drive plate. Early #1 cylinder. Drilled out golden bee backplate. Battle hardened crankcase and tank."



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Forum Store
Gallery


need a bidder Empty

need a bidder

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wanted need a bidder

Post  robot797 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:47 pm

robot797
robot797
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 478
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Wanted DONE

Post  happydad on Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:36 pm

robot797 wrote:I need someone to bid on something for me
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-COX-RC-Engine-Water-Cooler-Ring-Boat/184373191937?hash=item2aed7fa501:g:8sgAAOSww3ZfGK3J
the seller wont ship to holland

Done. Happydad. PM me how high you want to go, address so I can check shipping to you, etc.


Last edited by happydad on Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
happydad
happydad
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Posts : 1582
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 75
Location : Escondido, CA

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  robot797 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:40 pm

thank you so much
a pm has been send
robot797
robot797
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 478
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  happydad on Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:59 pm

robot797 wrote:thank you so much
a pm has been send

I asked him what was included. And in the rush to bid I was mistaken, the cooling ring DOES go around the engine fins.

Happydad. RC Plane      United States    Old Bugger Old Bugger feeling older every day
happydad
happydad
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Posts : 1582
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 75
Location : Escondido, CA

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  robot797 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:01 pm

yea I know
these are supposed to do that
robot797
robot797
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 478
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Wanted Me too, but....

Post  happydad on Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:03 pm

robot797 wrote:yea I know
these are supposed to do that


when I first glanced at the item it looked like cooler went around the muffler. Dude I was racing to get a bid in, didn't even look to see how much time was left. Oh well. all is well for now.

happydad RC Plane    United States    Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Posts : 1582
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 75
Location : Escondido, CA

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  GallopingGhostler on Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:17 am

Speaking of E-Bay engines, it seems this person may be asking too much for a non-running condition postage stamp production engine with bunged prop thrust plate (marred using pliers), missing needle valve but with a Goldberg EB-1 engine mount. (Those EB-1's went for $0.69 back in the late 1960's.)

E-Bay# 133391125515: Cox .049 Postage Stamp Engine with EB-1 Mount

need a bidder S-l16101

need a bidder S-l16102

Price: US $54.95 Buy It Now + $6.50 Standard Shipping (to NM, check for others) from Eden, North Carolina.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2442
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 66
Location : Clovis, Nuevo México

Back to top Go down

Wanted make offer of $5

Post  happydad on Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:39 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:Speaking of E-Bay engines, it seems this person may be asking too much for a non-running condition postage stamp production engine with bunged prop thrust plate (marred using pliers), missing needle valve but with a Goldberg EB-1 engine mount. (Those EB-1's went for $0.69 back in the late 1960's.)

E-Bay# 133391125515: Cox .049 Postage Stamp Engine with EB-1 Mount

need a bidder S-l16101

need a bidder S-l16102

Price: US $54.95 Buy It Now + $6.50 Standard Shipping (to NM, check for others) from Eden, North Carolina.

Make offer of $5 and ask for free shipping to Australia. Somehow seller thinks the Goldberg mount is worth something.


happydad RC Plane     United States       Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Posts : 1582
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 75
Location : Escondido, CA

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  GallopingGhostler on Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:11 am

happydad wrote:Make offer of $5 and ask for free shipping to Australia. Somehow seller thinks the Goldberg mount is worth something.

I seriously doubt the seller set that price because of the engine mount. Rather, I think the person must be clueless. It is not a pristine production engine complete with starter and needle without pliers marks and the scuffed cylinder outer surface (pliers again?).

Using those pliers to force the crank to turn could have possibly separated the piston ball and socket joint, or stressed the conrod and its bottom end unnecessarily, bend crankshaft conrod pin.

The dual bypass 290 was equivalent to an earlier Black Widow and would be a worthy engine, but not in that condition. There are much more fish in the ocean. I got a Cox Medallion .049 in good condition for under $40 shipping included.

need a bidder 2018-087
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2442
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 66
Location : Clovis, Nuevo México

Back to top Go down

Wanted We have the parts

Post  happydad on Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:23 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:
happydad wrote:Make offer of $5 and ask for free shipping to Australia. Somehow seller thinks the Goldberg mount is worth something.

I seriously doubt the seller set that price because of the engine mount. Rather, I think the person must be clueless. It is not a pristine production engine complete with starter and needle without pliers marks and the scuffed cylinder outer surface (pliers again?).

Using those pliers to force the crank to turn could have possibly separated the piston ball and socket joint, or stressed the conrod and its bottom end unnecessarily, bend crankshaft conrod pin.

The dual bypass 290 was equivalent to an earlier Black Widow and would be a worthy engine, but not in that condition. There are much more fish in the ocean. I got a Cox Medallion .049 in good condition for under $40 shipping included.

need a bidder 2018-087

You are right. He is delusional if anyone will bid that price for the engine.
   And if anyone is in need of that kind of mount I can provide one free for shipping. He was given to me by a forum member, made from aluminum. Will repost later with a picture. It’t my breakfast time. I’m old and cranky at this time of day. Later


Happydad RC Plane   United States     Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Posts : 1582
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 75
Location : Escondido, CA

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  rsv1cox on Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Over my near 30 years buying and selling on ebay (mostly buying Sad) with 100% positive feedback in 1000+ transactions, I have often thought of contacting sellers with excessive BIN prices with expressions of - What are you thinking!!!!!!! But then I realize that the seller can ask whatever he/she thinks is appropriate. So far restraint has prevailed.

Good luck with this auction robot/Happydad.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Posts : 5546
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Wanted Oh no

Post  happydad on Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:06 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Over my near 30 years buying and selling on ebay (mostly buying Sad) with 100% positive feedback in 1000+ transactions, I have often thought of contacting sellers with excessive BIN prices with expressions of - What are you thinking!!!!!!!  But then I realize that the seller can ask whatever he/she thinks is appropriate.  So far restraint has prevailed.  

Good luck with this auction robot/Happydad.  

I am bidding on the original item, cooling sleeve for boat engine by request.

Good great, not the backplate adapter.

Hd
happydad
happydad
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Posts : 1582
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 75
Location : Escondido, CA

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  rsv1cox on Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:07 pm

happydad wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:Over my near 30 years buying and selling on ebay (mostly buying Sad) with 100% positive feedback in 1000+ transactions, I have often thought of contacting sellers with excessive BIN prices with expressions of - What are you thinking!!!!!!!  But then I realize that the seller can ask whatever he/she thinks is appropriate.  So far restraint has prevailed.  

Good luck with this auction robot/Happydad.  

I am bidding on the original item, cooling sleeve for boat engine by request.

Good great, not the backplate adapter.

Hd

Yes, two different auctions. That was a nice thing you did for robot.


Last edited by rsv1cox on Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Posts : 5546
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  GallopingGhostler on Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:08 pm

happydad wrote:And if anyone is in need of that kind of mount I can provide one free for shipping. He was given to me by a forum member, made from aluminum. Will repost later with a picture.
That's a kind thought, may be someone else will responde. I don't have a need as I already have 2 EB-1's and extra horseshoe backs.

happydad wrote:It’s my breakfast time. I’m old and cranky at this time of day.
You, I, and others too, we are:

need a bidder Ocd_ol12

lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2442
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 66
Location : Clovis, Nuevo México

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  getback on Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:56 am

getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 7209
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 63
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  GallopingGhostler on Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:32 am


$150 shipping included ($135 + $15 shipping) too much? Given the relative rarity of the Sportsman and his specimen seems to be in very good condition, seems a good price to me. The missing bluing scratch on the cylinder can be touched up with gun metal bluing.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2442
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 66
Location : Clovis, Nuevo México

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  rsv1cox on Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:10 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:

$150 shipping included ($135 + $15 shipping) too much? Given the relative rarity of the Sportsman and his specimen seems to be in very good condition, seems a good price to me. The missing bluing scratch on the cylinder can be touched up with gun metal bluing.

Eric and I think alike and are probably both a little Old School.

I recently checked Cox Dune Buggy's on ebay. What used to go for $40-$90 have asking prices triple that. Asking and getting are two different things. With ebay you can run your ad over and over, I have seen items run for months with no takers. Dreamers for sure.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Posts : 5546
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  GallopingGhostler on Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:34 am

I gather Tired w/ Coffee Read that everyone has their own personal goals based on what they value. Thumbs Up To some, it is the missing jewel in their collection and go for it. For me, I already have a half dozen .15's, OS's, Magnum, and Enya's. So, another .15 in my barn is not a need.

For sure I don't pay top dollar, but have gotten my engines reasonably inexpensively through mislabelling, unkempt appearance, seller cleaning house and not looking to gouge, etc. Very Happy Sometimes I have erred and probably would have been better off paying a little more for a better product. Doh!

Sometimes the seller was dishonest. I wound up with a bad K&B .20 Sportster that way. Mad Fortunately, a friend came to the rescue and sent me 2 parts engines to restore it. Smile

need a bidder Kb_spo10

need a bidder Kb_20_10

Another, seller got a little ticked at me when I found his Enya .09-III TV that was grungy cleaned up nicely and was a low time engine, ran like new. Rolling Eyes I guess he wished he set his buy-it-now price higher. tongue (But then just as you say, would have sat on the shelf a long time without buyer.) Cool
need a bidder Enya0911

need a bidder Eny09t10

Then the seller casting occlusion lie on a purposely sand blasted crankcase rusted out K&B .35 Stallion, Shocked which turned out for good when I found the rust was only superficial, low time engine, cleaned up decent enough to be a good runner. Smoking
need a bidder 2018-088

need a bidder 2018-089

Negotiated a slight price reduction on an OS .099 Pet when a widow seller accidentally sent me the wrong one. (She was selling her late husband's stuff to supplement her reduced annuity. She was willing to give me a refund upon returning the engine, but felt it would be easier on her finances to accept the less desirable model.) sunny
need a bidder 2018-130
Late model OS .099 Pet after clean-up and muffler added.

Reminds me of song, Love the One You're With:

Stephen Stills wrote:Well there's a rose in a fisted glove,
And the eagle flies with the dove,
And if you can't be with the one you love, honey,
Love the one you're with.



lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2442
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 66
Location : Clovis, Nuevo México

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  Oldenginerod on Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:45 am

George. I have both a .20 & .28 Sportster. Got both cheap with parts missing, but MECOA had everything I needed at a really good price. Cheap engine, cheap parts, but if you keep the nitro low and the castor high they are a great engine- start and run really well- smooth and quiet with that nice big muffler. They say to prop them like a 4 stroke & don't expect stellar RPM.

Your OS Pet was supposed to be a good engine. I have the earlier model with 3 screw backplate. A beast completely on its own with no similarities to your model that followed apart from the NVA. Weirdest screw sizes imaginable which I haven't been able to match or obtain.

I can also relate to your gunky Enya. My very first eBay purchase was an .09 IV T.V. Can't recall what I paid but it wasn't much. It looked terrible in the pictures but I took the chance. Cleaned up really nicely and only needed a new fuel inlet nipple which had been bent. No other damage and looks like very little running with very poor fuel, and uncleaned 20 years after it last ran.

As they say, you can't judge a book by its cover. You win on some, lose on others, but that's the fun of collecting.
"Collecting engines is like a box of chocolates".
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3144
Join date : 2012-06-15
Age : 58
Location : Victoria, Australia

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  getback on Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:10 am

Nice looking Pet ..099 George , i had the want /need for one at one time But got over it HAHA I think it came from a read at Adrians Model Aero Engines ..  https://adriansmodelaeroengines.com/catalog/main.php?cat_id=0  July-27
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 7209
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 63
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

Wanted We got it!

Post  happydad on Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:46 pm

robot797 wrote:I need someone to bid on something for me
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-COX-RC-Engine-Water-Cooler-Ring-Boat/184373191937?hash=item2aed7fa501:g:8sgAAOSww3ZfGK3J
the seller wont ship to holland

We won the water cooler + tee dee .049 and engine mount-heatsink for a boat. Happydad


Last edited by happydad on Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong info)
happydad
happydad
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

2020 Supporter

Posts : 1582
Join date : 2012-05-28
Age : 75
Location : Escondido, CA

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:18 pm

Awesome Thumbs Up

_________________
-Jacob


Admin
Admin
Administrator

Posts : 5366
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : Roseville, Minnesota

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  GallopingGhostler on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:58 pm

getback wrote:Nice looking Pet ..099 George , i had the want /need for one at one time But got over it HAHA I think it came from a read at Adrian's Model Aero Engines  July-27

Hello Eric, I went to Adrian's site, he has a lot of interesting engines and articles thereof. He doesn't have any posts on the OS Pets. Other posts, haven't found anything really bad about the engines, but then it seems more or less an obscure engine with a predated design. The latest one, one I got seems to have overcome possibly any vices in the earlier ones, would make a good engine for a smaller CL. It is reasonably light.

The OS Pet .09 I had bid on and won but not received was the earlier RC version with steel fins, odd intake choke carburetor (similar to Sure Start choke tube throttle) and 3 bolt back. I have an extra choke throttle, but found that the later Pet venturi is shaped slightly different so it isn't readily mountable without some mods to it or the venturi top edge.

However, I have of the same vintage as this late .09, a couple OS Max .10 R/C's, which has the decent R/C carburetor and very light at 3.1 ounces, making the earlier .099 Pet a mute point at that.

need a bidder Os_max14

Another OS Max .10 R/C I have is with a compatible .20 / .25 muffler:

need a bidder Osmax110

I found it interesting that the muffler for the larger engine fits quite nicely. Didn't tach it yet, but the chamber seems sized better for the .10 than for the larger engines.

This engine because of its lightweight is an excellent upgrade to replace the .049 on a half-A plane. Without muffler and with the variable exhaust baffle plate, at idle it is super quiet, at half throttle sounds muffled with .049 like power, at wide open throttle is as loud as an unmuffled Cox .049. It's power according to Sceptre Flight Model Engine Tests matches closely to the Tee Dee .049, but maxes out at a lower RPM of around 14,000. For those needing larger diameter props for a draggy airplane, this I believe is the right ticket. It's power is a hair less than the same vintage Enya .09-III TV, but it is 1 ounce lighter.

This makes it one of the world's best kept secrets.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2442
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 66
Location : Clovis, Nuevo México

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  getback on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:46 am

Good info George , i got a couple OS 10 s around here somewhere Laughing But don't think i have ever ran one What are you propping urs with ?
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 7209
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 63
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  GallopingGhostler on Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:40 am

Eric, I propped my with 7x4's, Top Flite white and Tornado yellow nylons (I'm showing my age, Laughing ) and later, Masters glass filled. However, according to Peter Chinn and the original Engine instructions, one can go up to an 8x4 or 7x5. A 7x6 would probably also work. It is a torquey little bugger.

Here's where I posted a scan of my engine manual from OS:

RC Groups: Engine Manuals In PDF, OS Max .10 R/C

OS recommended 7x4, 8x3, or 8x4, but a better perspective on props would be the engine articles in Sceptre Flight. Back in the 1970's, I used Cox fuel, both 15% and 25% nitro, it seemed to be happy with the fuel.

During my college days, my first use was on a Ken Willard Top Flite 39" span all sheet balsa Schoolmaster with this engine and Ace R/C single channel pulse rudder only (no elevator) with the KRD throttle servo modification and 7x4 prop. (Sequential throttle, high-medium-low back to high. The plane would climb at a 45 degree angle at WOT, .049 like climb at half throttle, nice glide at idle. Engine worked well without idle bar plugs, not necessary.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2442
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 66
Location : Clovis, Nuevo México

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: need a bidder

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum