Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Cox_ba12

Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by rdw777 Today at 5:56 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 5:52 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Empty Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL

Post  MauricioB Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:16 am

After enjoying my Baronnet models, with .049 engines, one is a Killer Bee and the other I call it Cox Special, both .049, I decided to continue building engines with some available parts that I had new in stock.
So with a Black Widow cylinder, a Sure Star plate, a Babe Bee crankcase, the engine was assembled in one piece. The result was really very good, with a rev range ranging from 4500 rpm to 15150 rpm, this is very very good, as it allows many low and high revving flight attitudes.
After banking the engine, then, I am thinking of making a model for him ...
Each Cox engine that I start generates a lot of enthusiasm, and therefore I want to make many models to accompany each engine, it is so much enthusiasm that time becomes almost the most important thing to be able to carry out each project.
For now I share a video then, with this beautiful simple engine, which has incredible potential for action ....!
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL 20200933

Last edited by MauricioB on Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Empty Re: Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL

Post  MauricioB Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:12 am

Well, here I am again, I have finished this drawing then, I already have everything in these lines to start cutting pieces and putting together this new plane, but first I tell you what it is:
Based on the Baronnet fuselage, which is very simple to build and lightweight, I decided to create a low wing. Then I have reformed the fuselage of that model (Baronnet) so that a lower wing can be placed, the horizontal stabilizer is the same as that of the Baronnet itself, the rudder, it is to my personal taste, as for the wing, it is a profile of a circular flight model for Cox .049 flying at 14 years old, it is a Barnstormer 1/2 A Flat, that model was a Lou Andrew design so I took that profile and redrawn an adapted wing to radio control with ailerons.
The idea is to use any Cox .049 engine, therefore it is suitable for many radio controlled model airplane enthusiasts who want to enjoy some fun stunts.
As well as being fun, I called it "Cox Fun" ... according to my time I'll be doing it.
Of course, I do not know its result in flight, but once tested, I am willing to share the drawing (plan) of this model aircraft that I already have scanned and available to send to anyone who wants to build it, they just send me the request. for this plane to my email address.
Clarification: no cost.
Well folks stay healthy I'm trying to do that ... let's keep asking God to protect us and we can move on.
Next, I will share with you the step by step.
For now a photo of what I have on the drawing board .... Greetings!
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL 20200934
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Empty Re: Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL

Post  Levent Suberk Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:57 am

Mauricio is engineer, modeller, draughtsman and one of the best friend! Very Happy Argentina Turkey United States United Kingdom Northern Ireland Spain Ireland Netherlands Germany Hungary Finland France Canada Colombia Australia
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:15 pm

Thank you my friend for your words! ...
... or not, I just feel a lot of passion for this and every time I discover something, again I realize that something new is about to be discovered ...
A few hours ago I managed to let this engine regulate at 3200 rpm ... it is not to believe! ... how could you not fall in love with these jewels ?!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:34 pm

Well, I did new tests and the lowest I could regulate is 3270 rpm, you can almost see the propeller as it turns hahaha ... but the safe gear is around the 3400/3600 minimum, there the engine seems to like it more.
3600 rpm minimum is really very impressive, the propeller there barely pulls a negligible breath of wind. I was surprised by the ride reliability in these ranges.
3500/15000 is great. Very Happy Small Cox Logo Very Happy
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Screen18
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:11 am

That is very impressive at 3600 rpms Shocked Does this engine have SPI or do you know ? It says the pre 96 did have with open ports . Is the prop a 6" it seems it should have a little better top end RPMs Huh... This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:55 am

Ohh Eric, you just had me inspect the cylinder inside and I was in for a big surprise. Shocked  Shocked
When I assembled this engine, I only saw the outer shape and immediately related it to the cylinder number 3 of the frame (Black Widow), it turns out that when you asked me the question, then I wanted to verify exactly to be able to answer you ... great was my surprise When seeing internally that this cylinder only has one transfer, only one !, that is, its external appearance confused me, now I have to see exactly what cylinder or cylinder number is exactly !! ... I will have to make an information correction in my video and also here then clarify, that it IS NOT a Black Widow cylinder .... I'm seeing what it is about ?? !!
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL 20200935
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL 20200936
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL 20200937
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Cox-0410

By error of external appreciation, I mistakenly confused this cylinder, believing that it was a cylinder number 3, however despite its external appearance to cylinder number 3, it only has one transfer.
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Cox-0411
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:22 am

So, looking at the line and figures of cylinders, I can't figure out which cylinder it is Huh... Huh... ....?
Can someone tell me exactly? ... thanks !!
https://es.qwe.wiki/wiki/Cox_model_engine
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:24 pm

The single bypass cylinders with SPI are #2
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:03 pm

This is a cylinder with an external appearance equal to number 3 on the sheet, but internally it only has one transfer and does not have SPI.
I don't see a cylinder like the one I have here on the spreadsheet ...
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:59 am

Cox Fun .... moving forward! Very Happy Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Dsc04417
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:38 am

well, it is taking shape and I like it!
From the beginning of this design, I decided to place the motor horizontally, it has to do with driving safety, both straight and upside down, the motor has to do the same.
The idea of this COX FUN model is to fly doing various stunts and therefore the engine must be reliable. Everything will be waiting for the final result ... here we go...
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Dsc04418
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Dsc04419
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Very nice plane design and build Mauricio! Cannot wait to see the finished project.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:54 pm

NEW222 wrote:Very nice plane design and build Mauricio! Cannot wait to see the finished project.

Thank you very much! .... I have faith that it will be a very entertaining model of flying ...
Today I went to test and place the model in different positions playing with the accelerator, in order to observe the behavior of the engine.
The Baronnet is not a suitable model for these maneuvers, however, I came home super happy with what I could get with it ... playing with the wind and the accelerator, without failures and without risk, it was great ... soon I will share a video...
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Viento10
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:04 pm

Well friends, here are some flights with the Baronnet and the Cox .049 ... I really had a lot of fun ... the response of the engine is surprising at all times, I didn't want the afternoon to end !! ... a lot of fun!
I hope you like the video. RC Plane Very Happy RC Plane Very Happy Airplane Airplane Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:03 am

Bravo Mauricio!!! Very good aerobatics, and brave piloting in the audibly strong winds! I never dare inverted flights at low altitudes, only high up, where I have the time to correct any piloting mistake.

You fly this small plane like a real 3D scale plane!!!

The engine response to the throttle is really amazing! I suppose your Killer Bee has a thick wall cylinder that seals around the ring, and therefore throttles better than the stepped wall cylinder? Most of my throttle rings are used on stepped wall cylinders and therefore the throttle response is far slower than yours!

Congratulations!!
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:34 am

Either way seems to pull the plane fine with good acceleration Very Happy That's some really nice fling you did even it is not intended to bee a stunt plane . enjoyed the video This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:47 am

balogh wrote:Bravo Mauricio!!! Very good aerobatics, and brave piloting in the audibly strong winds! I never dare inverted flights at low altitudes, only high up, where I have the time to correct any piloting mistake.

You fly this small plane like a real 3D scale plane!!!

The engine response to the throttle is really amazing! I suppose your Killer Bee has a thick wall cylinder that seals around the ring,  and therefore throttles better than the stepped wall cylinder? Most of my throttle rings are used on stepped wall cylinders and therefore the throttle response is far slower than yours!

Congratulations!!

Thanks András, I really thought this would not be possible, when I started to trust the model and the engine gear, I realized that I could go beyond the limits of the Baronnet design itself as it is a design to fly straight and not inverted, but when installing a .049 engine I went through a few more tests and was very surprised by its performance. This inspired me to draw a model especially to do that type of flight, that is, a Fun Fly, which will carry nothing less than a Cox .049 ... so while I have time, I will continue to build that simple model airplane that you will surely have. Too much fun.
Yes, the cylinder is straight and it has no step, however the engine that I show in the Cox Fun model has a step and I notice that it responds very well. One point to take into account for the acceleration ring is to supplement with washers so that it does not move vertically and still further seal the gas outlet. Also, not all cylinders are perfectly the same on the outside, so a throttle ring may, on some cylinders, seal better than others, I have noticed this on my own engines.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:01 am

getback wrote:Either way seems to pull the plane fine with good acceleration Very Happy That's some really nice fling you did even it is not intended to bee a stunt plane . enjoyed the video This Site Rocks!

Thanks Eric! .... ohh I'm really amazed what can be done with a Cox engine and a simple model ... I never thought it was possible, to control the acceleration in this way and fly this model inverted at that height from the ground. .. It was unthinkable, but without a doubt these wonders have a lot to give ... great potential, you just have to discover the way!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:38 am

Well, after flying the Baronnet model in reverse, playing with the accelerator ring and checking that the engine works perfectly without failures and without stopping, then I think I can position the engine to my liking, that is, with the cylinder up, with The cylinder on the side or with the cylinder inverted, all the positions will be valid and there will be no problem, so I decided to place it up, as I have been doing in other models for reasons of having a Standard way of placing engines and thus being able to replace one with another without too many changes, just a couple of screws and voila ... that said, these are the advances ... Small Cox Logo
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Dsc04420
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Dsc04421
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL Sin_tz13
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:39 am

OK, the fuselage, stabilizer and rudder are almost ready. Time to get started with the Cox Fun model wing ... here I go with the ribs!..
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL 20200938
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL 20200939
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL 20200940
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:26 am

Cool , is that a whip drill in the last pic ? RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:11 am

getback wrote:Cool , is that a whip drill in the last pic ? RC Plane

I can't exactly translate your question Eric, (Whip) = (whip Huh... ) but I think I realize what you mean ... so:
Previously I drilled on each side with a bit (drill), but since the length of the bit did not go through the entire package, I completed the drilling with a 1.8 mm steel wire, which was heated to its end over fire (bright red) And all the ribs were longitudinally reviewed, that is to generate a passage of the control that will go on a round carbon rod that will activate the ailerons.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:49 pm

Well, I have started to build the wing, and I like these ribs the way they are set.
At first I thought about placing a central servo with carbon and brackets to handle ailerons, after a nice chat with a friend (Roberto), I agreed that for what I want from this model aircraft, it is convenient to place a servo for each aileron and in that way combine flaperon, this will give me the possibility to have a lot of lift at very low speed and roll safely ... at least that is the theory and I hope it will come true Very Happy
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL 20200941
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL 20200942
Cox engine .049 r/c & COX FUN MODEL 20200943
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:33 am

Sorry i should have said flexible drill bit , but the wire is a excellent idea Very Happy Mauricio you work fast , the wing is coming together nicely! Cool
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next