Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Cox_ba12

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Empty
Live on Patrol

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Empty The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon

Post  Kim Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:31 pm

So, the Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-a-Thon is bearing down on us like a Steel Cable Dog loosed from it's master..

The Breezy Hill Flyers will once again launch our assorted versions of Matt Kania's famous circle turner, and I'll be posting photos here after the racket is over.

Please feel free to post/report any Ringmaster action that happens in your neck of the woods!

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 1_174
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 2_153
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 2020_r13
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Ringma10

Last edited by Kim on Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Empty Does it count if...

Post  happydad Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:30 am

Kim wrote:So, the Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-a-Thon is bearing down on us like a Steel Cable Dog loosed from it's master..

The Breezy Hill Flyers will once again launch our assorted versions of Matt Kania's famous circle turner, and I'll be posting photos here after the racket is over.

Please feel free to post/report any Ringmaster action that happens in your neck of the woods!

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 1_174
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 2_153
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 2020_r13

Kim:  have plane and lines, but no place to fly. Does it count if I use very short lines and sling it around me in my tilted driveway? No engine running, too noisy for the neighbors.

Happydad RC Plane Biplane Jeep                                       Old Bugger United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Empty Re: The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon

Post  batjac Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:17 am

happydad wrote:
Kim:  have plane and lines, but no place to fly. Does it count if I use very short lines and sling it around me in my tilted driveway? No engine running, too noisy for the neighbors.

Happydad

Nowhere in the rules does it specify motive power. Powerless whip flying is has a long and well respected history in CL. So long as each flight is a minimum of five laps, go for broke...

The Loosely Interpreting Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Empty Re: The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon

Post  Kim Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:08 am

batjac wrote:
happydad wrote:

Happydad

Nowhere in the rules does it specify motive power.  Powerless whip flying is has a long and well respected history in CL.  So long as each flight is a minimum of five laps, go for broke...

The Loosely Interpreting Mark

I don't know, guys.  Let send a note to John.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:21 pm

From John on the Fly-a-Thon Facebook Page:

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Whip10

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  aspeed Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Whipping defeats the spirit? I guess electric would be out too then. Being that they have no soul!!!! Just want to mention the Beanfield Flyers will be represented. Apparently I did not do enough work around the house to get permission to attend. Saturday looks like nice cool and calm weather.
aspeed
aspeed
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Aero Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:38 am

Aero
Aero
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:24 pm

So, in spite of constant interruptions by some (I suspect) F-18's playing in the sky north of the hill, FINALLY got stuff loaded for the trip to Breezy Hill tomorrow morning.

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 1_214
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:10 pm

Kim wrote:So, in spite of constant interruptions by some (I suspect) F-18's playing in the sky north of the hill, FINALLY got stuff loaded for the trip to Breezy Hill tomorrow morning.

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 1_214

Go get'em Kim Thumbs Up

(Lockdown Rod  Sad  not going anywhere!)
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Empty It can be powered, but not with nitro!

Post  happydad Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:15 pm

Kim wrote:From John on the Fly-a-Thon Facebook Page:

So I interpret that as long as it is powered it is o.k. ?  
   So it could be some other type of power that is more quiet, but not nitro powered. Is that o.k.  ?

>>>>> edited 10-2-20 at 10:1p.m. PST.  I will take pictures of the plane and power plant, and a video tomorrow. The ribbed wing version of the Baby Ring Master was built in 2012 after visiting another CEF Forum member in Central CA and visiting my alma mater, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.
   I will post pictures as soon as I compete my MacBook. I am still struggling with about 100 tiny screws holding the keyboard to the laptop frame. I didn’t expect so many.

>>>>>>edit complete.

Happydad RC Plane Biplane

Last edited by happydad on Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add content)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:25 pm

Seems like there are some strangers on the lower shelves Kim, or maybe I just haven't been paying attention.  

Fifty year old Baby Ringmaster will stay on the ground, but I may put the clone in the air this weekend if my pit crew shows up.  It still bears the scars from the AWWRF event this time last  year when I flew it into a tree.  Won't happen this year.  I have fifteen more yards of flying area over on the field but will have to laydown a cardboard runway.  

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon P1010512
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon P1010513

Funny what you find when you look up Ringmaster on the net.  A Ringmaster and a picture of the same model above that I took years ago and before it had an encounter with the tree.  Kids picture would make a great decal printed out and placed on the wing. Might do that.

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Toddle10
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Baby_r44
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:56 pm

I've been looking forward to this all week. Philly Fliers are having a Fun Fly on Sat which will include the Ring Fly A Thon and a contest on Sunday from Old Time Stunt and PAMPA. So I come home tonight and charge my box, go through my flite box, ready some 1/2A's. I look over the Ringmaster's and the giant Ringmaster with it's new K&B .61 on the nose ready to take flight and then I see this from Philly Skip one of my club members. They should find these people and drag them face down across the field . This just disgusts me and I hope they find out who was responsible for this. If the world doesn't have enough problems currently some jerks have to do this thinking it's funny. Typically, there's usually so many park rangers on site you can't sneeze without being watched. I'm certain that cutbacks have only a few working therefore these jerks were able to do this.

This is IMPORTANT....Vandals took vehicles onto our beautifully prepared R/C field and C/L circles causing all kinds of damage to the turf. Tomorrow we will try to "repair" the damage. If the damage is too great we will have to hold the contest at our Neshaminy site on Sunday. We'll announce the final decision here on Stunthanger tomorrow in the afternoon.  Please spread the word to fellow fliers to be on notice and keep an eye on Stunthanger for more info about out contest. The Philly Crew

Last edited by Ken Cook on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:01 pm

happydad wrote:
Kim wrote:From John on the Fly-a-Thon Facebook Page:

So I interpret that as long as it is powered it is o.k. ?  
   So it could be some other type of power that is more quiet, but not nitro powered. Is that o.k.  ?

Happydad RC Plane

Well, I'm not a spokesperson for the Fly-a-Thon, but if you're talking about electric power, there are plenty of those that participate:

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 12070510
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:10 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Seems like there are some strangers on the lower shelves Kim, or maybe I just haven't been paying attention.  
]

They've been around a little while.

A  McCoy/Wen Mac Sheet wing

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 28_13

And a Golden Bee-powered sibling

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 62_14

I smacked my S-1 during a "Senior Moment" and haven't gotten it rebuilt.

Last edited by Kim on Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Empty Annual RingMaster Event

Post  happydad Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:42 pm

Count me in for 7 POWERED laps and a head plant on the asphalt. My wife was videoing, but pressed the wrong button and only got 1 second of the flight. I so wanted to see myself dizzy and doing a header on the parking lot. Minor damage to the parking lot and a scrape on the shoulder to the old man flying. Will post when... you know the rest.

>>>>>edited 10-4-20 7:05p.m. PST.  Add 6 more laps for me today. Dizzy, but still standing on a little longer lines.  
   Do you all report separately or as a group, CEF?

I also encouraged a friend in Montour, IA to do 22 laps. And promise to join CEF so he wouldn’t have to ask me so many questions.  lol!

And now, “back to the future”. >>>>>edit complete.

Happydad RC PlaneBiplane Jeep                              Old Bugger    Old Bugger Money Toss Blow up Mad! United States

Last edited by happydad on Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:44 am

happydad wrote:Count me in for 7 POWERED laps and a head plant on the asphalt. My wife was videoing, but pressed the wrong button and only got 1 second of the flight. I so wanted to see myself dizzy and doing a header on the parking lot. Minor damage to the parking lot and a scrape on the shoulder to the old man flying. Will post when... you know the rest.

Happydad RC PlaneBiplane Jeep                                Old Bugger Money Toss Blow up Mad! United States

Man! Hope you're OK!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:59 am

We had a great time on Breezy Hill yesterday, finally getting a "for real" rain shower after several false alarms.

We had three Special Guests, including Fred Cronenwett of the St.Louis Lafayette Esquadrille CL Club.  Fred brought the club's RingMonster---a double size Ringer with an O.S. .91 Four Stoke pulling it.  The O.S. is throttled by way of an R/C car transmitter, held by Fred.

More to follow.

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 110_110
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 120_14
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 128_11
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 200_15
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 202_110
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 208_110

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 210_12
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 214_10
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 216_10
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:37 am

Got 20mph winds forecast for today so, just in case, I cranked up the little McCoy-powered Ringmaster for some front yard flying as the sun came up  This also insures that I can log some flights in Missouri.

"Ringmasters Rule!"...although, at dawn, their pilots occasionally stagger...

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 2_154
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 3_84
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 6_121
The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 7_51
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:24 pm

Well, it is great to see that some had been able to get a flight or two this year. Me still, I have not. Winds kept me grounded again this year, along with the fact I was out winterizing the seasonal cottage for another year.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:00 pm

Shame, shame, shame. No excuse, didn't get one in the air this year. Just way to much going on.

Maybe next year.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:42 pm

Looks like my score is gonna be 7 this time around.  The other Flyers are holding off 'till better conditions.

We didn't have the giant flight numbers of last year, but the camaraderie was at an all-time high, with as much visiting and laughter as circle-turning.

Billy sings "The Busted Ringmaster Song".

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 500_13
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon Empty Doing fine

Post  happydad Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:08 pm

Kim wrote:
happydad wrote:Count me in for 7 POWERED laps and a head plant on the asphalt. My wife was videoing, but pressed the wrong button and only got 1 second of the flight. I so wanted to see myself dizzy and doing a header on the parking lot. Minor damage to the parking lot and a scrape on the shoulder to the old man flying. Will post when... you know the rest.

Happydad RC PlaneBiplane Jeep                                Old Bugger Money Toss Blow up Mad! United States

Man!  Hope you're OK!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Kim: I may be old, but I don’t give up. I lengthened the lines a little and came back for more. I did 6 laps this times before falling on the GRASS this time. It has been 63 or 64 years since I have flown control line. That is a long time between. When I started up again with Cox engines it was RC all the way.

Happydad RC Plane                            Old Bugger United States
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:07 am

happydad wrote:
Kim wrote:

Man!  Hope you're OK!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Kim: I may be old, but I don’t give up. I lengthened the lines a little and came back for more. I did 6 laps this times before falling on the GRASS this time. It has been 63 or 64 years since I have flown control line. That is a long time between. When I started up again with Cox engines it was RC all the way.

Happydad RC Plane                            Old Bugger United States

Well Cool !!!!  Glad you're OK!  And congratulations on the flights!

Last edited by Kim on Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:13 am

Mavic's view of the stall/spin accident that netted Allen the "Best Crash Award" on Saturday.
A lean-run on the Fox caused a low-power flight in the wind that finally resulted in the Ringmaster's stall, with predictable results.  But Allen will quickly have it repaired and back to flying.

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 701_10

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 704_10

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 705_10

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 706_10

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 707_10

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 708_10

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 709_10

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 710_10

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 711_10

The Annual Worldwide Ringmaster Fly-A-Thon 700_11
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:10 pm

I managed to get my Ring flights in. My son and I had 2 flights a piece on the giant Pat King 850 sq Ring. We also flew our S-1 and Ringmaster Flash. My flying partner Rich wrecked his Ring back in March. He showed with a Baby Ring with a Golden Bee. Our Philly Flier stunt contest was still held even though vandals took a 4x4 through our circles and r/c runway. They destroyed the fencing and pit areas. Thousands of dollars of damages. Makes you sick and mad at the same time. We don't bother anyone and if inquiring minds show interest, were the first to step up and take someone up and show them. I had a woman last weekend who approached me while I was reeling out my lines. She was taking videos of our flights. I discovered she was actually from my neighborhood. I hope she returns again, she was a lot of fun and we had her actually solo flying in less than a hour.

The Philly Flier contest was a fairly sizeable turnout. Even though many of our own members were not attending, we had several flyers. PAMPA stunt and Old Time Stunt were flown. I was hoping we had profile as we usually do that but we wouldn't of made it through the day as it was getting late with just the two events. My son Shawn took a 2nd place in advanced fly our PT -19.

https://www.facebook.com/PhillyFliersCL/photos/pcb.4540800745990024/4540782549325177/?type=3&theater

I'm launching on the official flight https://www.facebook.com/PhillyFliersCL/photos/pcb.4540800745990024/4540783322658433/?type=3&theater
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next