Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Update ; Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wanted Re: Update ; Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka

Post  NEW222 Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:16 pm

I hear ya latole! I am just two provinces over to the west in Manitoba.... I hear that BC is also starting to put up borders as well for travelling from province to province. But the whole funny thing is..... We can no longer travel to Ontario due to the restrictions, but.... Yep, I can go buy an airline ticket and fly there though. Lol!

Maybe grab a flight to Ontario, and you will be good to go!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Update ; Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka

Post  latole Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:59 am

NEW222 wrote:I hear ya latole! I am just two provinces over to the west in Manitoba.... I hear that BC is also starting to put up borders as well for travelling from province to province. But the whole funny thing is..... We can no longer travel to Ontario due to the restrictions, but.... Yep, I can go buy an airline ticket and fly there though. Lol!

Maybe grab a flight to Ontario, and you will be good to go!

AhAhAh! Right, with airplane flight there are no border.........
My home is to close to take airplane to this small town in Ontario with no airport

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Captur16
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  latole Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:39 pm

How can I remove these old decals ? I want to buy some new one .

With hot hair dryer ?

Or, should I start a new topic for these decals?

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Captur18
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  latole Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:13 pm

I just received the decals ordered from EX Model Engines. Excellent and prompt service from this company.

I wait until I have my gas tank before continuing.

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Dsc08812
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  latole Thu May 13, 2021 7:01 am

Hello my friends,

I didn't advance my Stuka project which is the post but I found another Stuka that I just bought. On FaceBook in my area. It's a slightly different model; the landing gear is screwed to the wings.

I have the original box but very damaged
There are missing parts of the cockpit. Other than that it seems complete.
The engine seems to be in good condition.

I won't be able to work on it before several weeks or months (?) because I have another hobby going on; building a guitar amp

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Dsc08814
Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Dsc08813
Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Dsc08815
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu May 13, 2021 7:21 am

I have one or some parts / the wing with messed up landing gear like that . She looks Good , mostly there and clean . Smile
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  latole Thu May 13, 2021 7:40 am

Good to know Eric !

Update;
Looking at my pictures can you tell me if you have the missing cockpit parts?
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu May 13, 2021 8:12 am

I don't have to look LOL No i don't i was thinking if I put it back together it will FLY Very Happy Sorry There are some repo's on eBay .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  latole Thu May 13, 2021 8:26 am

getback wrote:I don't have to look LOL No i don't i was thinking if I put it back together it will FLY Very Happy Sorry There are some repo's on eBay .

Thank you , I'll look E-Bay
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMc Thu May 13, 2021 10:13 am

Reproduction Cox Stuka canopies on eBay?? I'll have to look for those, haven't seen those yet. I would like to find a Wem_mac Dauntless canopy first!!
Type at you later,
Dan McEntee
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  latole Thu May 13, 2021 12:04 pm

Which Stuka model is the most wanted or the most valuable?

My first Stuka, the subject of this post, has a broken front engine compartment. ( white arrow on picture). This Stuka has the landing gear molded to the wings.

My second Stuka, the one shown yesterday, has the landing gear screwed to the wings but the fuselage looks perfect.
I could reverse the wings or the fuselage to make a perfect and more valuable aircraft.
What do you think about it?

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Captur20
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMc Thu May 13, 2021 2:19 pm

That's what I would do and have done, mix and match parts to use all the best for the best possible model to collect, and build another from the eft overs to fly. Oddly enough, I have only ever run across the kind with the landing gear molded into the wing. I'm guess that the kind with the bolt on gear was the later model??
Type at you later,
Dan McEntee
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Thu May 13, 2021 5:07 pm

definitely the green Stuka is the most collectable
lol, here's some info a cool guy put together a couple years: https://sites.google.com/site/coxengineid/Cox%20Ju%2087%20Stuka.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  latole Fri May 14, 2021 4:09 am

Mark Boesen wrote:definitely the green Stuka is the most collectable
lol, here's some info a cool guy put together a couple years: https://sites.google.com/site/coxengineid/Cox%20Ju%2087%20Stuka.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

Good to know, thank's.
The green one are the older and second is the black one with engine on side.
Upright engine is the last model since 1980
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  latole Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:23 am

I was able to recover the gas tank graciously offered by a big Cox collector, Rik.
An impressive collection and only 1 hour from my home.
The assembly of the Stuka will be able to start. He also gave me gas to clean my plane and some parts for planes I don't own (yet...). Useful for trade-ins.

Rik also sold me a Piper Cub that I wanted for a long time ; photos

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Dsc08911
Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Dsc08910
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:57 pm

Nice Cub there. I have seen plans, and the one you pictured before, but have wondered how a high wing control line airplane flies compared to the more traditional mid or low wing?
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  latole Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:19 pm

Yes the Piper look nice after a complete dismantling and a good cleaning.

As for how this Piper flies, I don't know. However I believe the Piper, in general, have a reputation for flying easily.
It should be no different in control line.

Some say that the Stuka does not fly easily.

Actually I would never know, as I have no intention to fly my planes.
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMc Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:53 pm

latole wrote:Yes the Piper look nice after a complete dismantling and a good cleaning.

As for how this Piper flies, I don't know.  However I believe the Piper, in general, have a reputation for flying easily.
It should be no different in control line.

Some say that the Stuka does not fly easily.

Actually I would never know, as I have no intention to fly my planes.

The newer Cub, as I like to call it, flies quite well. It is pretty stable and probably similar to the PT-19 I guess. It can use a bit of tip weight but can fly as it is. The bell crank is high up on the airframe and that helps out with the handling. The Stuka is a hand full to fly.. The low wing with under camber is what makes it so touchy. You are constanly making small inputs and corrections the entire time it's flying. There is a link to a video of me flying one of mine on the forum somewhere. It could use some tip weight also. While flying it, it some times seems like the outboard wing tip flutters a bit but I'm not sure on that. The whole model is pretty flimsy and even trying to set the handle for neutral is a chore! But at least I flew the sucker for two tanks full of fuel!! And more to come this summer I hope.
Type at you later,
Dan McEntee
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  latole Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:36 am

Thank you Dan.
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:46 am

Here is Dan with the Stuka  I like the Cub she looks good after the clean up you did a job on it ! And here the J-3 Cub i don't think i seen this one Dan . Good Fun ! This Site Rocks!

Last edited by getback on Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add on)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  latole Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:00 am

Great videos Dan, thank you.
I enjoy to see the Stuka in flight
Your J3 Cub look smaller than my Cub.

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Captur23

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Captur22
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMc Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:25 am

Yeah, that is actually the "older" Super Cub that Cox put out years ago in several versions including a bush plane with floats, a Civil Air Patrol version and a olive drab green Army version. It is much smaller that the yellow J-3 that I call the "later" one. And I think they called it the "105" Super Cub but I would have to dig out a boxed version to verify that.
Glad you like the flying videos. I hope to do more this summer.
Type at you later,
Dan McEntee
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  latole Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:05 pm

I doo some search with Google .

A Cox J3 Cub like mine in a box ;

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Captur13

Super Cub 105

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Captur24

Super Cub 150

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Captur25

Dan's Cub look a Acro Cub

Update ;  Looking to buy 049 engine red back plate and gas tank for Stuka  - Page 2 Captur26
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMc Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:54 pm

The orange one is like my brother's model, and is also the same as the Alaskan Bush Plane that they put out with skis and floats. I have the CAP version in a box like that and a Army version hanging in my basement. The red ones are really hard to find. I friend of mine that does my taxes once told me he had a red one as a kid. I thought he was remembering an orange one wrong, but I got some stuff from an estate once and there was the red one! I should have trusted his memory because he even remembered the registration number on the fuselage correctly! The only week spot on the old 105 models is the tail. The airplane really needs a separate tail skid as even on a smooth landing the part of the tail can break off that is the skid. That and about 1/4 ounce tip weight!
Fun Stuff!!
Dan McEntee
DanMc
DanMc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  latole Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:43 pm

Rik who sell me the yellow Piper have them all.
latole
latole
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next