Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Cox_ba12

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 9:29 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by Gordinir8 Today at 9:04 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Empty
Live on Patrol

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #?

Go down

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Empty Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #?

Post  Surfer_kris Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Is there any good collection of Cox order numbers and what there were made for?

One reason I'm asking is that I found a glow-head for the 09 I didn't know existed or even remembered that I had...
It is marked with 21020 and it seems to be made for turbo plugs (sweet!) but when did they ever make those?

Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Empty Re: Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #?

Post  altidsulten Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi,
I am trying to make a list of Cox part numbers, but it is very difficult as they changed their system more than once.
So far i have around 900 numbers, but i am only scratching the surface!

Hilsen Thomas Pedersen
Danmark
altidsulten
altidsulten
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Empty Re: Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #?

Post  nitroairplane Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Surfer_kris wrote:Is there any good collection of Cox order numbers and what there were made for?

One reason I'm asking is that I found a glow-head for the 09 I didn't know existed or even remembered that I had...
It is marked with 21020 and it seems to be made for turbo plugs (sweet!) but when did they ever make those?

Wow I did not know that either!
Do you have a picture?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Here are two pictures with a an OS turbo plug mounted in it.

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Img_1618

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Img_1619

Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Wow very cool!
I have a "pee wee .010"
Prop screw and washer nib!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Is that a resealable bag?
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:06 pm

John Goddard wrote:Is that a resealable bag?
Looks like it, Busta!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Busta, or Buster?, or did you spend to much time in the Bastu?

Yes, like so many of the cox items at the time, it came in a zip bag. The number for the regular TD 09 head is 2102, not 21020 like the one shown above.
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Surfer_kris wrote:Busta, or Buster?, or did you spend to much time in the Bastu?

Yes, like so many of the cox items at the time, it came in a zip bag. The number for the regular TD 09 head is 2102, not 21020 like the one shown above.

Sorry Busta is John (his youtube name).
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 pm

That head is off of a Queen Bee .074 or a TD RC .09. They did not use turbo plugs. Turbo plugs seal at the bottom of the plug and the pic above does not show that.

Jason
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:25 am

Okey, what would it take to convince you that it is a Turbo plug head?
I know of coarse about the QB engine, I have four of them myself. I have also made my own heads that take turbo plugs, for other engines, so I am well aware of how they work compared to a regular plug. Apart from the sealing surface, the threads are also different and you would not be able to fit a turbo plug in a head with a regular plug thread...

Here is another image, QB head and plug on the left;

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Img_1620
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Empty Odd Glow Pllug?

Post  Big Al Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Kris’s glow plug photo prompted me to check which plug is in my 09 R/C. It turns out that I can now add it to my list of ‘Stuff I didn’t know’. It has an idle bar and a flat coil element. Strange (at least to me).
To the best of my knowledge it is original. I got the engine from an acquaintance that had only flown it a time or two.
Has anyone else seen a plug like this?
Al
Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Tee-de19
Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Tee-de20
Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Tee-de21
Big Al
Big Al
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:22 pm

I have seen stock QB heads with and without idle bar but never with the flat glowbee wire style...
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Well the turbo plug head for an 09 is something I haven't seen before. The TD 09 head part number is 2102. Looks like an extra zero was added to the part number for this head.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  altidsulten Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Between 1977 and 1978 Cox changed their numbering system. Several products changed from 4 digits to 5 digits. That could be the reason for the odd number?
altidsulten
altidsulten
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike1484 Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:43 pm

That flat element is a Glo Bee plug.

Mike1484
Mike1484
Mike1484
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Empty Cox Parts List in an Excel File

Post  zeissman Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:45 am

altidsulten wrote:Hi,
I am trying to make a list of Cox part numbers, but it is very difficult as they changed their system more than once.

Hilsen Thomas Pedersen
Danmark

Hello,

I too have been trying to put together a list of Cox part numbers. However, I don't have many entries yet.

In an attempt to make this list more useful, I am putting it together in spreadsheet form. I am using Microsoft Office Excel 2003.

If there is a way to do so, I will attach this file. I ask anyone who is interested to fill in as many part numbers as they wish. Then, please post the amended file back to this thread.
zeissman
zeissman
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

http://www.davebarilegalwriting.com

Back to top Go down

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Empty HOW DO I ATTACH AN EXCEL FILE?

Post  zeissman Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:09 am

zeissman wrote:If there is a way to do so, I will attach this file.  I ask anyone who is interested to fill in as many part numbers as they wish.  Then, please post the amended file back to this thread.

Is there a way to attach a Microsoft Office Excel 2003 file to a post. If not, then is there any other way to make an Excel file available to others so that they may download it?

I noticed on my profile that there is a heading entitled "Attachments." However, I have no idea how to upload any such attachments.

Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Cox_pe11
Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Cox_pe10
Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Cox_pe13
Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Cox_pe12
zeissman
zeissman
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

http://www.davebarilegalwriting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:30 pm

An administrator/moderator would need to create a page or "sticky" I think. I believe it would be a worthwhile resource.. and would be a work-in-progress.. because of all the obscure stuff that Cox did over the years. I'd personally love to have access to such a document.

Submissions would need to be sent to a private email account, where they could be reviewed/verified and formatted into documents that could be added to the forum's already-existing "INFO" section.

That would really make this forum the ultimate resource on Cox engines and all the different configurations that Cox offered over the years.. as well as some of the more obscure "parts" that were directly related to engine-performance.

Granted; It would be a lot of work.. but we do have an established network of very knowledgeable Cox-engine enthusiasts already in place that could offer valuable photos/images, vintage articles.. etc.

Martin Hepperle's site has been an awesome resource.. but CEF could take it a step further. Engines would be the primary focus.. and Cox engine-powered models could be an additional database that would be very helpful to our overall community.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GWILLIEFOX Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:07 am

altidsulten wrote:Hi,

Hilsen Thomas Pedersen
Danmark
Dan Sitter, california_Dan on eBay and author of the Cox handbook avaiable from Tim Dannels ( www.modelenginecollecting.com ) had access to the Cox factory after it was shut down. He probably has access or has the old and new cox numbers.
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:32 am

Back in January I bought a lot of items from california-dan, he must have been cleaning house for I follow him frequently. Enya engines for as little as $10, Cox engines, propellers, Series 21 McCoys among others along with a NIB V type glow plug, the most expensive item at $20.
I had included an early Enya glow plug but he could not find it and sent an apology.

The Cox engines are not unique but are models that I did not have.

Has MECOA changed their ways? I'm getting stuff within days not weeks.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:48 am

zeissman wrote:Is there a way to attach a Microsoft Office Excel 2003 file to a post.  If not, then is there any other way to make an Excel file available to others so that they may download it?

You can with a bitmap print driver. It works like a printer, but allows you to save the printout as a graphic image. One for example is:

https://code-industry.net/imageprinterpro/

I have never used their driver, so YMMV (your mileage may vary. Tired w/ Coffee Read)

Instead, I'm using Ubuntu Linux and LibreOffice, a fork of OpenOffice. It has an export function where I can specify to save printout as bitmapped (.png, .jpg, etc.), which then can be uploaded as an image.

An alternative is to do a screen capture, use photo editing software to remove unimportant stuff like the Windows bars, then post. Smoking
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  michaely Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Big Al wrote:Kris’s glow plug photo prompted me to check which plug is in my 09 R/C.  It turns out that I can now add it to my list of ‘Stuff I didn’t know’.  It has an idle bar and a flat coil element.  Strange (at least to me).
To the best of my knowledge it is original. I got the engine from an acquaintance that had only flown it a time or two.
Has anyone else seen a plug like this?
Al
Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Tee-de19
Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Tee-de20
Stuff I didn't know existed, list of Cox #? Tee-de21

Hi Al,

I picked up a nib TD .09 RC (#211) this summer from a modeler in southern Ontario who was selling off modeling stuff from a retiring hobbyist. The engine, upon dismantling, does not appear to have been run.

The glo plug on my engine is the same in that a short reach glo plug is screwed into the cylinder head .... but no idle bar; flat plug element, body of plug is black with kurls, three kurls on vertical battery bar and a fairly wide white circle between this vertical bar and the black glo plug body when looking from above.
In the accompanying care and operating instruction sheet, a black and white photo shows a black bodied glo plug with a vertical battery bar with several kurls.

Michael in Ontario, Canada
michaely
michaely
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:21 pm

There was recent conversation in my Tee Dee .09 thread, regarding the Tee Dee .09RC engine using the same head with standard 1/4-32 threaded plug application as the Queen Bee .074. Cox apparently sold a replacement plug for the head(s).. Hope this sheds some light.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:08 pm

That plug looks like a flat coil long Sonic Tronics Glo Devil
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down