Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Right up there with burnt castor oil. Cox_ba12

Right up there with burnt castor oil. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by Kim Today at 3:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Right up there with burnt castor oil. Empty
Live on Patrol

Right up there with burnt castor oil.

Go down

Right up there with burnt castor oil. Empty Right up there with burnt castor oil.

Post  Admin Fri May 07, 2021 2:38 pm

Right up there with the smell of gasoline and burnt castor oil.

Right up there with burnt castor oil. Img_3910

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Right up there with burnt castor oil. Empty Re: Right up there with burnt castor oil.

Post  dckrsn Fri May 07, 2021 5:01 pm

I loved the smell too.
Years ago Schwinn sold a bike lube called LPD9, which
also had a nice aroma. Probably had Benzyne and some
other nasty stuff in it. Doh!
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Right up there with burnt castor oil. Empty Re: Right up there with burnt castor oil.

Post  rsv1cox Fri May 07, 2021 5:05 pm

Ya, a stinker for sure Jacob, but the vintage can is a keeper. Containers are aerosol or plastic anymore. I would clean it up after it's empty and display it.

Ranks right up there with my vintage Marvel Mystery Oil can.

Right up there with burnt castor oil. P1010965
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri May 07, 2021 6:28 pm

When it comes to penetrating oil Kano Kroil for me. The smell is very tolerable and it doesn't smell like your a oil tanker driver. However, Klotz Techniplate is the best smelling oil.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 07, 2021 6:49 pm

That can is still around half-full and I still use it. It always seems to work as intended. I haven't tried any of the new Liquid Wrench penetrating oil available today to know if they changed it or not. I know Kano Kroil is supposed to be some of the best, I have yet to get my hands on a can of the stuff. I had to take that can out to loosen the handle screw on an outside faucet that has been leaking from around the stem. Need to replace the packing nut washer, and might as well replace the seat too while I'm in there.

I just got back from Menards, got an assortment of washers that looks to have about the right size I need.

On a side note, I'll be posting about Rusty's engines tonight. I bet Kim is anxious to get his hands on them  bounce .

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Fri May 07, 2021 7:37 pm

Admin wrote:That can is still around half-full and I still use it. It always seems to work as intended. I haven't tried any of the new Liquid Wrench penetrating oil available today to know if they changed it or not. I know Kano Kroil is supposed to be some of the best, I have yet to get my hands on a can of the stuff. I had to take that can out to loosen the handle screw on an outside faucet that has been leaking from around the stem. Need to replace the packing nut washer, and might as well replace the seat too while I'm in there.

I just got back from Menards, got an assortment of washers that looks to have about the right size I need.

On a side note, I'll be posting about Rusty's engines tonight. I bet Kim is anxious to get his hands on them  bounce .
Jacob, if you're talking about a hose bib, you could replace the whole thing with a 1/4 turn ball valve and be done with it forever.
Over the last 20 years or so at my job, every time I had a problem with a washer/seat valve, I would replace it with some sort of ball
valve. Never had to even think of them after. Everything from hose bibs/boiler drains to proportional modulating heating valves.
here's some bibs and more.:
https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=hose+bib&i=garden&ref=nb_sb_noss
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 07, 2021 9:34 pm

Yeah it's a hose bib. It's the first time I had to replace any of the seals in it, and I'm pretty sure it's the first time since it was installed back when the house was built in 1979. It was starting to leak around the stem last fall. I'm sure the one in the front of the house will need it more sooner than later as well.

Because of the how the pipe goes partially down into the sheetrocked wall in the finished basement, I wanted to avoid replacing the valve the best I could.

Right up there with burnt castor oil. Img_4010

I know it looks like hell, this whole side of the house is going to be painted this summer. Camera flash makes it look a lot worse Shocked.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat May 08, 2021 7:15 am

Yea i got one i have got to replace , one of those lifetime garrrent want freeze mothers from Lowes ,, well i got one last year to replace it cause the store want pledge the garrent , you have to call somebody ? Well got one just like the other cause it should go right in there and Bee Done with it >> Started putting It in and was pretty tight but needed to come around 1/2 turn to be straight was almost there and SNAP right off in the pipe Mad The water was cut to 1/2 the house through the hot water heater without a cutoff Sad It will have a cut off and a longer pipe under the house , the people that did the replacing just didn't put one in for some reason . ? And the Liquid Wrench use to smell like Kerosene witch will work also !?!

Last edited by getback on Sat May 08, 2021 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change meaning)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down