Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

1/2A Fuel Tanks --- Fuji cans Cox_ba12

1/2A Fuel Tanks --- Fuji cans Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

1/2A Fuel Tanks --- Fuji cans Empty
Live on Patrol

1/2A Fuel Tanks --- Fuji cans

Go down

1/2A Fuel Tanks --- Fuji cans Empty 1/2A Fuel Tanks --- Fuji cans

Post  andrew Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:22 pm

This may be off topic for this forum; moderators feel free to delete if needed.

In another thread, I noticed that PV Pilot had commented about tanks and clunks. Here's what I do.

I had gone to the LHS to get some small diameter fuel tubing, but they had none. Not wanting to wait for an on-line order to arrive, I looked for a substitute. I have used the insulation from various sized wire for many diffenent applications, so I thought I would try the silicone insulation from the super-flexible battery wire the car boys use. The LHS had noodle wire in bright green 14 AWG, so I bought a couple of feet. It's fuel proof and very bendable. I use Fuji 35mm film cans for tanks -- the Fuji cap fits tightly and is fuel proof; other brands will leak. I cut two holes in the bottom with a piece of sharpened brass tube --- this leaves a smooth hole without gouges which can later lead to stress cracks. Some folks have pushed brass tubing through the holes, but I worked a piece of smaller tubing up into the insulation (a stint, for you old guys), then pulled the insulation through the holes to the point where the stint was located. The stint keeps the tubing from collapsing and the insulation is soft enough to ensure a good seal, but not crack the bottom of the plactic can. The clunk in the pics is a Sullivan, but I cut the barb off with a Dremel cutoff wheel and sweated a piece of smaller tubing in the hole -- for the 14 ga. insulation.

However, making your own clunk is pretty simple. Locate a piece of brass tubing that fits the insulation snugly and a couple of wheel collars that exactly fit the brass tubing. Push the brass into the insulation and slip a wheel collar over the exposed brass tube for weight, use two if needed. Leave about 3/16" to 1/4" extending beyond the collar --- when the collar pulls the end of the pickup to the bottom (side) of the tank, the exposed end will act like a straw and suck up all the fuel. Just make sure the length is set so the pickup can swing freely across the bottom of the tank when buttoned up.

Since image posting is not yet functional, I may add pics to the gallery.

andrew
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

1/2A Fuel Tanks --- Fuji cans Empty Re: 1/2A Fuel Tanks --- Fuji cans

Post  RknRusty Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:48 pm

Thanks Andrew. I've been getting tired of my double vented BWs coughing out when I invert with less than a 1/2 full tank, so I tried a wedge on my Stuntman 23. It works okay, but I think a clunk has to be the best answer. The wedge will still suck air in the middle of a wingover.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down