Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual Cox_ba12

can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Oldenginerod Today at 1:59 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual Empty
Live on Patrol

can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual

Go down

can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual Empty can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual

Post  ChaseBanner Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:50 pm

Hi all, im Chase and a new member here. I have been all over the webs using multiple search engines(google just wants to sell me stuff)looking for the instruction manual for the cox cessna 182 with no luck. I am a very experienced rc pilot with many years of model building and flying under my belt so the manual im looking for dont really need it to find proper cg or complete the model I really just want to read it. I dreamed of having this as my 1st rc airplane when i was a kid after learning cl flying on the(you guessed it) cox pt-19. 13th b-day rolls around and I got my first rc plane but not this one but some cox electric plane that wasnt really that great. Finally my 41st b-day rolls around and I was gifted(better late than never) a new cox cessna 182 missing box decals and instructions. A fella on youtube said he would scan them for me so i sent him my email and never heard back. When i was a kid I would have had the instructions to everything fun i had memorized by the next day and although I dont need em I just want to read them for old times sake. Thanks guys and happy landings
ChaseBanner
ChaseBanner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual Empty Re: can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual

Post  944_Jim Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:57 pm

Hi Chase,
Welcome to CEF. There are many "second and third childhood" people here. You arrived at a wonderful site with others sharing your passion for the venerable Cox engine and related "toys."

Admin built in a space/place for old manuals. Feel free to dig through them by looking for the "instruction sheets" on the left, just under the latest topics listing...go a smidge lower than the "More latest topics" link to INFO. Inside the grey INFO block is "Instruction Sheets."

I don't know if the model instruction sheet you seek is represented there, but I do know there are scans of the Cox Catalogs from years past. You may find at least a picture or two in those, and that may help time-frame when your particular a model came from.

Please stick around and discover/share. You won't be able to post pictures during your "probation period," but soon enough you can. We all love to see pics, and help each other. If anyone has the manual you seek, they will go through whatever it takes to get a copy to you.

Glad you are here...stick around!

30D41_Jim

Last edited by 944_Jim on Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual Empty Re: can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual

Post  ChaseBanner Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:49 pm

thanks for the warm welcome and info Jim! Even if i was looking for the impassible(1943 copper wheat back penny) im sure i will at least meet some nice people and maybe learn a few things and maybe be able to share some knowledge ive gained in my 33 years of model aviation. happy landings Jim and thanks again
ChaseBanner
ChaseBanner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:44 pm

I don't have the manual for the Cessna 182 Skylane....It's such a cool airplane.  I DO have one for the  Cessna 210 Centurion.  I have sent the file to Jacob to let him add it to the "Instruction Files" here on the forum. He should have it posted in a couple of days or so. Other than the Tail Numbers and a few minor differences in the decals and exiting location of the control rods they are pretty much the same. It is a good fun to read manual.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaseBanner Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:18 am

Marleysky wrote:I don't have the manual for the Cessna 182 Skylane....It's such a cool airplane.  I DO have one for the  Cessna 210 Centurion.  I have sent the file to Jacob to let him add it to the "Instruction Files" here on the forum. He should have it posted in a couple of days or so. Other than the Tail Numbers and a few minor differences in the decals and exiting location of the control rods they are pretty much the same. It is a good fun to read manual.
I would absolutely love to read that and anything else cox related. Its so good to fly glow again, took a 5 year break from glow to fly electric and cant say ill ever fly electric much anymore cause without the sound and smell and constant tinkering making ur glow engines run well. I never realized how much i missed the feeling of wanting to pull my hair out when i couldnt get her to run right. thanks again marleysky, spark one up for me
ChaseBanner
ChaseBanner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:28 am

I also don't have the manual, but DO have one of their little folding catalogs from, I guess the 1990's---address given as:
350 West Rincon Street, Corona, California.

can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual 0_cox_10

can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual 0_cox_12
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:19 pm

Marleysky wrote:I don't have the manual for the Cessna 182 Skylane....It's such a cool airplane.  I DO have one for the  Cessna 210 Centurion.  I have sent the file to Jacob to let him add it to the "Instruction Files" here on the forum. He should have it posted in a couple of days or so. Other than the Tail Numbers and a few minor differences in the decals and exiting location of the control rods they are pretty much the same. It is a good fun to read manual.

I got it and will be uploading it within the next couple days. Hand Shake

Google is discontinuing the hosting service I was using for most of the manuals this month. I knew this was coming so all manuals have all been uploaded to a Google drive. All the recent uploads have been going there as well. I'm going to be working on changing all the links for each file over the next few days. So if something doesn't work, don't worry, I'm working on it.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:56 pm

Thanks for all you do, Jacob. I know it can be an overwhelming task to operate and maintain a World Class Forum! Let us know when the 2022 drive starts...I want the first supporter token issued next year and may cheat by submitting early! Can we have them serialized? Bwahahah!

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaseBanner Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:02 am

Kim wrote:I also don't have the manual, but DO have one of their little folding catalogs from, I guess the 1990's---address given as:
350 West Rincon Street, Corona, California.

can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual 0_cox_10

can someone scan cox cessna 182 manual 0_cox_12
thank u for ur post kim! the flyboy was my 1st rc plane although i asked for the cessna that was what i got. the reality is if i had got the cessna im it wouldnt have made iy through the 1st flight. thanks again kim, just seeing the flyboy and remembering it didnt fly well im going to ebay to see if i can snag one up!!!
ChaseBanner
ChaseBanner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaseBanner Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:15 pm

thank you Marleysky, found ur cessna manual, fun to read, happy landings
ChaseBanner
ChaseBanner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down