Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Cox_ba12

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Making a water-cooling coil for a Cox .049 engine
by roddie Today at 11:39 am

» Found a posible rc plane for cox powered convertion
by rdw777 Today at 10:46 am

» .020 Throttle
by rdw777 Today at 10:32 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 10:23 am

» Automobiles you don't see everyday...
by robot797 Today at 9:42 am

» In search of .010 carb body retaining collet
by Ken Cook Today at 8:33 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Today at 6:55 am

» Glow plug will not glow
by Coxfledgling Today at 4:57 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:32 am

» Snail type throttle
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:28 am

» K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 9:08 am

» Cox .35 and .40 in Nürnberg Toy Fair
by ffkiwi Yesterday at 4:52 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Empty
Live on Patrol

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close

Go down

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Empty Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close

Post  944_Jim Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:00 pm

So I started reviewing the recent Enya chatter here, and then came across what appears to be an "install-only" looking .09 on one of the other sites I have in heavy rotation. The price was too good to pass up, and the engine too nice to leave alone.

My first impression is, "Wow, what craftsmanship!" Considering the differences between this and my Medallion .09s, I think this one is heavier. Another key difference is the insert/reducer in the venturi. It appears to be standard shim stock carefully sized and finished to be removable just by taking the NVA out and pulling the insert out. Replace NVA. So, of course this means I can substitute various thickness shims to change fuel draw and performance.

This engine is so clean with zero observable wear marks on the piston, and the shaft turns so smoothly, that I can only determine it was never run. I'll do some quick reading and research before beginning a benchmount break-in.

I suspect I need something close to RM Jr, but not as big as a 34" profile Akromaster. Maybe around 30" for a profile, or a really sweet full fuselage scale model around 23"-28". I'm taking suggestions either way. Please feel free to describe your experiences (or link to you prior posts) so I can learn from your time with one. I don't plan on smashing this one...so roundie-roundie scale with a short tank may actually be best for this "keeper." ISTR a Guillows 400-series (25" +/-) FW with one in it here or RCG. I doubt it would have gotten "airtime" on SH.

Without further Ado, here it is! Please find attached my basically NOOB (new out of box lol! ) engine with factory instruction sheet...too bad, no box. This just means I can pack it in close with other engines until I determine an airframe for it.

30D41_Jim

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Img_2058
Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Img_2060
Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Img_2059

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Empty Re: Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close

Post  NEW222 Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:40 pm

Built this a few years ago, but still unflown. It is an Osborne Platter .15, powered by an Enya .09 just as yours..... Well, one day it will be powered by it, but for now, it is just sitting here still. Just another option.

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close 24366310
Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close 24428010
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Empty Re: Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close

Post  rsv1cox Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:13 pm

If your fairly new to Enya's Jim, you need a shot of father Bob Allan's compendium:

I have a few of his former engines and stay in touch with him frequently.

My favorite Enya's are the little vintage pot-bellied/franklin stove 09's.

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close P1011763

Last edited by rsv1cox on Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:29 pm

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close 190fbb10

I used to have the magazine this was in and liked the pull out plan for the T-28 Trojan…. 27” span and for Enya .09…. Simple but scalish and the trike gear may help protect the engine….. The entire magazine is on rcbookcase if you’re interested
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:54 pm

"Enya-thusiasm"
def: The affection and energy expressed to others regarding Enya engines, such that Enya engines seem to be worthy of obtaining and operating.
Example: RSVBob

"Enya-stigation"
def: The act of promoting Enya engines to a guy with a lifelong addiction to Cox engines, with complications of Norvel-itis and a mild case of Chinese AP-ism.

"Enya-itis"
def: An incurable, and highly contagious desire to begin collecting Enya engines.

Common usage for all three terms:
Bob has a highly infectious case of Enya-itis. Bob's Enya-thusiasm can be caught by simply reading his many Enya posts. It could be surmised that the purpose of his Enya posts is to transfer his Enya-thusiasm to others.

Cure: There is no known cure. However, the symptoms can be temporarilly relieved by obtaining, operating, and flying Enya engines. Optimal, long-term relief comes from the synergy created by consuming time while operating/flying Enya engines with any or all other engine marques in the collection of the afflicted. In short, excersizing the stash mitigates any symptoms of the aformentioned terms/issues.

Bob, you infected me! I blame you! lol!

30D41_Jim
944_Jim
944_Jim
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:00 pm

RDW,
Wow. Grandslam! I bet this one stays near the top of potential models. I will grab the plans and study them.
Thanks much.

30D41_Jim

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryhavoc Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:22 pm

rdw777 wrote:Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close 190fbb10

I used to have the magazine this was in and liked the pull out plan for the T-28 Trojan…. 27” span and for Enya .09…. Simple but scalish and the trike gear may help protect the engine….. The entire magazine is on rcbookcase if you’re interested

Im interested. Do you have a link?

Mike
Cryhavoc
Cryhavoc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  FlipStart Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:42 am

I think this R-120 is the only Enya engine I have ever had. It's NIB, just dissembled. I have played with a few Enya 2 strokes before though but I don't remember anything about them. Enya is one of the makes I don't know much about, along with Webra and OPS.

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Img_0424
FlipStart
FlipStart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:57 am

Apparently the AMA owns it:
https://plans.modelaircraft.org/product/north-american-t-28-trojan-3/

And as RFW indicated (on pg 57):
https://rcbookcase.com/details.php?publication_id=2506

But I found this one while searching for RDW's reference:
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=12554

It is in the build queue after reading it is stunt capable. However, I'll protect the engine before I figure-9 it. Now if the Enya and Norvel .074 have similar bolt patterns, well, all bets are off for the airframe. Capt Blackhawk is dying for action in his next plane!

30D41_Jim

Last edited by 944_Jim on Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found more info)

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:20 am

Glad you liked the T-28 and found it OK…. I always liked those pull out plans in magazines and happened to remember this one….. I had that same little engine at one time…. It seemed like a strong runner….

I like the built up wing version as well…. Would be great for that engine and be nice addition Enya fleet Very Happy
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryhavoc Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:27 am

Thanks for those links Jim!

I think I like the T-28 plan from Outerzone the best.

I can say that the Enya .09 is much bigger and heavier than a Cox and that the bolt patterns/spacings are very different. This is mostly from memory though as all my Enya .09s were sold some time ago. I did fly one on a Brodak Jr Clown for years before it was stolen. Was a great combo. I think one would work well on either Trojan plan.

Mike
Cryhavoc
Cryhavoc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:39 am

944_Jim wrote:Another key difference is the insert/reducer in the venturi. It appears to be standard shim stock carefully sized and finished to be removable just by taking the NVA out and pulling the insert out. Replace NVA. So, of course this means I can substitute various thickness shims to change fuel draw and performance.

The insert is common and is actually tapered on the intake side to aid smooth airflow.  I believe it is actually more like spring/stainless steel. It is a neat tight fit to prevent it from vibrating and causing wear.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:57 am

Little advice on it's small engine, he likes oil Like cox engines they need castor oil It's a good little engine Thumbs Up
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:57 am

Welcome to the world of Enya ! I have a few myself .09 .15 .19 .29 and seems some others i can't recall right off . I few the .09 on a home made bi-plane that was for an .049 but came out to heavy . The engine wasn't even broken in at the time and flew pretty fast on 30' lines w/s like 10" LOL My .29 is on a Shoestring i built as a teen and never got into the air cause the platform for the bell crank felled and now needs covering too Mad
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:04 am

A sweet Enya to have is the Enya .10.

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Enya_138
Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Enya_139
Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Enya_140

The Enya .10 is way lighter than the Enya .09 and is more powerful!
But, these guys are hard to get, alone find.

The Enya .08 is a good one to get as well.
Lighter than the Enya .09 with just a little less power.

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Enya_105
Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Enya_103
Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Enya_104

Hole pattern is close to a TD 09 for the Enya .08 and Enya .10 ( not exact but close).
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryhavoc Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:06 am

sosam117 wrote:A sweet Enya to have is the Enya .10.

The Enya .10 is way lighter than the Enya .09 and is more powerful!
But, these guys are hard to get, alone find.

The Enya .08 is a good one to get as well.
Lighter than the Enya .09 with just a little less power.

Hole pattern is close to a TD 09 for the Enya .08 and Enya .10 ( not exact but close).

Great minds think alike! I love Enyas! The bigger ones come and go but my little 1/2A stay!

Here's a pic of my little .049, .06, and .08s.

Enya chatter on the forum...I just had to see one up close Topshe11

Mike

Last edited by Cryhavoc on Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Cryhavoc
Cryhavoc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  944_Jim Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:28 pm

Thanks OER and David. All good points to know.

30D41_Jim

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down