Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. Cox_ba12

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. Empty
Live on Patrol

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday.

Go down

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. Empty Ran some Golden Bees yesterday.

Post  rsv1cox Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:44 pm

Amazing what a little anodizing can to.  Regardless, perhaps my most favorite Cox engine from years ago.

Ran three, 25% Cox fuel, rainy cloudy day.  

First one, no problems, filled the tank, set the needle to about four turns and lit the fire.  Ran the whole tank out. Nice even run.  Forgot the Glo-Bee.

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011788

Second one, I noticed the note I had written on it's display stand that it had a "W" glow head. Filled the tank and initially got erratic readings on the tach. finally settled down to about 15K+.  Removed the W head and replaced it with a standard head.  Two for two.

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011790
Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011789
Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011791
Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011792

Third one, filled the tank and would only run on the prime.  Like over and over.  Not fun.  Removed the tank to check the reed and found the tank EMPTY.  WHAT!  It's happened before, one or both of the fill/vent tube blocked.  Ran fine music wire down the vent nearest the reed and could see it come out the inside end.  Tried the other one and nothing.  Pulled it out and it was covered with fine black powdery material.  Remoil, compressed air finally cleaned it out.  Checked both tubes again before I put it back together.  

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011793
Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011795
Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011794

I was using surgical tubing to fill the tank and it just slopped out without going into the tank and I didn't notice.  Later, I added smaller diameter tubing.

Eventually they will go on big brother to Rene's pontoon plane.  All getting yellow Cox safety tip props.

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011796
Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011797
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. Empty Re: Ran some Golden Bees yesterday.

Post  fredvon4 Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:09 pm

U R CONSPICIOUSLEY ABSENT from a new members Mercedes tether car thread......hummmmm?

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t15562-mercedes-benz-grand-prix-racer-found
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:24 pm

fredvon4 wrote:U R CONSPICIOUSLEY ABSENT from a new members Mercedes tether car thread......hummmmm?

Thanks Fred, I haven't been on for a few days, will have to look it over. Been all tied up with this lumber yard tether airplane project which doesn't seem to garner much interest but I keep poking along.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:27 pm

fredvon4 wrote:U R CONSPICIOUSLEY ABSENT from a new members Mercedes tether car thread......hummmmm?

AHhh, Bob is having too much fun out in the shop, building stuff! He definitely is in a wood building mode along with matching up motors to bee compatible with each other.  We'll be getting back to the Mercedes thread with some VERY good news in a short period.

See, he just came inside for a minute....Bob, don't think we are not watching you...we are!!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:41 pm

Marleysky wrote:

AHhh, Bob is having too much fun out in the shop, building stuff! He definitely is in a wood building mode along with matching up motors to bee compatible with each other.  We'll be getting back to the Mercedes thread with some VERY good news in a short period.

See, he just came inside for a minute....Bob, don't think we are not watching you...we are!!

I tell you Rene, I love that little thing, the .020 version.

Right now it has taken the place on my display case where my P-38 used to sit, and that's saying something. It has personality plus. My hat's off to whomever designed it and to you for sending me the measurements.

Mercedes who? Smile

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011799
Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011798

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:02 am

Good fun running some Bee's , I like the little three engine bipe your building can wait to see what happens when you turn it loose . Popcorn
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:47 am

"lumber yard tether airplane project which doesn't seem to garner much interest"

not true Bob, many views few comments does not equate to little interest....I think it is a way cool project
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:54 am

fredvon4 wrote:"lumber yard tether airplane project which doesn't seem to garner much interest"

not true Bob, many views few comments does not equate to little interest....I think it is a way cool project

Thanks Fred.

I build for me but take pictures for the forum. That "A picture means a thousand words" thing. Seems in my advanced years I can't put words together any longer that make a lot of sense. Pictures for me are memory prompts. That ability is on the wain too............ Smile

I had every intention of running the .020, but now I'm waivering. Don't want to mess it up with spent castor.......Besides, those little .020's don't haul. Does anyone actually fly anything with them other than helicopters or maybe a FF or two. ..........But, those Golden Bees do haul. Three of them turning and burning on Big Brother ought to haul it around a ground circle right now!

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011807
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:34 pm

rsv1cox wrote:
fredvon4 wrote: Does anyone actually fly anything with them other than helicopters or maybe a FF or two. ..........
Howdy!  Sure nuff!  I'm in it for the fun of it but I try not to be too radical ... except ... every once in awhile Laughing Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. 2020-035
Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. Img00310
Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. Img00311
Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. 2020-037
Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. 2020-038
Believe me when I say "IF I CAN'T LAUGH ABOUT IT ... I DON'T WANNA' PLAY"!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:45 pm

Ok, I stand corrected. Smile

Love them all, do any qualify for "Off the top of your head"?

What's that lurking in the background of your last picture?  Looks like my Big Brother plane. And your trapezoid, super interesting. Love the tail. Your design? We use the same clamps for the same things. Valuable for setting up the pontoons on those planes. Most difficult without those clamps. Three angles and you must get them right.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:28 pm

I'm really liking the update. While I am personally a fan of the smaller .020 powered version, I cannot really blame you for not sending it around the circle as I would also probably be in the same predicament. However, I am still sitting patiently waiting for the bigger brother / Golden Bee powered version to take to the pavement, and hopefully a short hop in the air too!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:18 am

NEW222 wrote:I'm really liking the update. While I am personally a fan of the smaller .020 powered version, I cannot really blame you for not sending it around the circle as I would also probably be in the same predicament. However, I am still sitting patiently waiting for the bigger brother / Golden Bee powered version to take to the pavement, and hopefully a short hop in the air too!

Yeah, I would have to drill holes in the body for a tether and secure it on both sides with wheel collars.  Wouldn't mind on big brother.  

Ordered enough balsa from SIG this morning to do a flyable version.  

1/8" X 36" BALSA SHEETS IN VARIOUS WIDTHS - 1/8" X 4" X 36" $4.66 USD 1 $4.66 USD  - Fuselage sides
BALSA TAPERED TRAILING EDGE - 1/8" X 1/2" X 36" TRAILING EDGE $1.40 USD 1 $1.40 USD  - Wing extensions
BALSA LEADING EDGE - 1/2" X 3/8" X 36 LEADING EDGE $2.83 USD 1 $2.83 USD - Fuselage side separators
BALSA AIRFOIL SHAPED SHEETS - 1/4" X 4' X 36" AIRFOIL $6.87 USD 1 $6.87 USD - Top wing
BALSA AIRFOIL SHAPED SHEETS - 1/4" X 3" X 36" AIRFOIL  $5.59                           - Bottom wing

Got enough balsa on hand to do the tail sections.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:28 am

In future Bob.....before going on buying binges make your desires known...There are members with more supplies than good sense willing to sell or gift you stock that will never be used....Like me

Yes sir, I know--- not your nature with more money than time ---but all the same, I prefer MY stuff to be USED rather than continue to gather dust

Lately I haver been lurking to see if any need for Santa Fred gifts.

log in Every morning here and like this ...react to my Google telling me some one posted new stuff for me to look at....wink
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:45 am

fredvon4 wrote:In future Bob.....before going on buying binges make your desires known...There are members with more supplies than good sense willing to sell or gift you stock that will never be used....Like me

Yes sir, I know--- not your nature with more money than time ---but all the same, I prefer MY stuff to be USED rather than continue to gather dust

Lately I haver been lurking to see if any need for Santa Fred gifts.

log in Every morning here and like this ...react to my Google telling me some one posted new stuff for me to look at....wink

Thanks Fred, my habit is to act before I think!  Sad  But I like doing my part to keep Matt, Bernie, and SIG in business.  All three have gotten double orders from me lately.  Hate it when I submit an order then ask myself, Why didn't I order that too!

Might yet tether the 0.20, gas up the lead engine and see what it would do.  I'm thinking that it won't even move.  Big brother with just one GB turning....no problem.  

CG on this non-flyer is about at the apogee.  It would be located low under the elevator control and just behind the engine.  Coat hanger perfect for this. Smile

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011811
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:01 am

I am fairly confident that 2 golden bees can make a brick fly..I caution you to add a elevator control so as not to lift off and immediately inside loop into your beautiful asphalt

The video will be epic...cant wait
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:13 am

That thing will more than likely leave the ground. How much does it weigh?
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:10 pm

I’m thinking they’ll have a good chance to get airborne as well…. Yes would be interesting to know weight…. With that much power, Especially the .049 version, It might be just right with the help of ground effect to bounce around six inches off the ground….and pylon height…, Tri motor on!!!!
rdw777
rdw777
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:21 pm

Elevator control has three fixed positions, neutral, up, and down.  Control rod (L shaped end) slips into three individual holes drilled into the fuselage. Tell-tail photo shows gel CA drip that I did not notice at the time.  Sanded it down to unnoticed but photos pick up everything.  Big Brother will have the same arraingment.  Thinking full down first run to keep the nose down, neutral, then up.  

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011812
Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011813
Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011814

Weight is a closely guarded secret.  I have weighed it and have photos.  I have been thinking ..................... contest.  It's in my head but i will have to run it by Jacob first.  

BB right now is in a state of confusion:

Ran some Golden Bees yesterday. P1011815
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down