Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Cox_ba12





Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2022
Surfer_kris's

"Summer time!" with a Cox Conquest .15



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Forum Store
CEF Ear Savers
Gallery


"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  Kim Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:17 am

Just got a note from Jonathan Holt that Eric Clutton, the legendary "Dr. Diesel", has passed away.  No details, though I believe he recently suffered a stroke.

Mr. Clutton, like many of the Old School League, was quite the character, and was building and designing diesel and electric powered creations when Jonathan and I visited him this past Fall.

I'll post more details as I receive them.

God Speed Dr. Diesel.


"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away 00_011
"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away 00_1110

Mr. Clutton had suffered a bad fall, which bruised him up, but didn't dampen his personality.  Here's a photo from the dinner we hosted in his honor last October.  I got the opportunity to pose with the great man and a new P.A.W. .03 Diesel I was privileged to purchase from him:


"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away 1_209


Last edited by Kim on Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 8043
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  Ken Cook Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:35 am

Wow, a terrific person and a bible of knowledge. I had the pleasure of talking with him on a few occasions. For some crazy reason my son has quite the fascination for exotic diesels and the "Doc" always gave great advice. Rest in peace.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 4835
Join date : 2012-03-27
Location : pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  getback Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:23 pm

Darn It , It has not been long i was thinking of him and the decussations we had a one point in time . I purchased some stuff from and Yes he was very up on diesels and covering building , Heck He love to talk and had that English Accent . It was a joy . Rest in peace my friend .
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2020 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 8910
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 65
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  sosam117 Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:10 am

I will really miss Eric Clutton (Dr. Diesel)
He was usually my first stop every time I went to the Toledo Expo.
Great guy to talk to and I usually purchased an engine or two from him and of course 2 gallons of diesel fuel.
It was sad when his beloved parrakeet passed away years ago. Eric and his bird will have a special place for me.

They are both now flying together.

Rest in Peace Eric. Sad
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 766
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  sosam117 Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:27 am

Any updates about Eric Clutton?
How did he die? Heart attack?
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 766
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  Kim Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:49 am

sosam117 wrote:Any updates about Eric Clutton?
How did he die? Heart attack?

Haven't yet heard. though it seems that he did suffer two strokes. Gonna ask his friend Jonathan about it later today.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 8043
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  sosam117 Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:42 pm

Kim wrote:
sosam117 wrote:Any updates about Eric Clutton?
How did he die? Heart attack?


Haven't yet heard. though it seems that he did suffer two strokes.  Gonna ask his friend Jonathan about it later today.

I was just thinking about those fuel bottles that Eric sold.
They are great for diesel fuel.
I was wondering if, since Eric is gone, who will be selling those bottles now?
Should have gotten 2 new bottles cause my old one is gotten pretty old.
Unfortunately, I kept putting off purchasing new ones because I could always get them from Eric.
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 766
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  getback Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:29 am

Thanks Kim , I was wondering about the same as far as will someone bee taking over his business . I have a few things i got like the Diesel Bible and covering he sold (very light stuff) Huh...
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2020 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 8910
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 65
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty RE: Dr. Diesel

Post  66 Malibu Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:29 am

Boy, I hated to hear this news about Mr. Clutton. I first met him at the Southeastern Model Show in Perry, GA about 2008.
For about 8 years I spoke with him at each meet and bought PAW stuff, including 3 of his trick fuel bottles and his light covering material.
My last contact with him was by phone about 3 years ago when I ordered some PAW parts and accessories.
We talked about 45 minutes about different things, and he started telling me about being in the RAF as a teenager during WW2.
He was a tail gunner in a RAF Lancaster four engine bomber! He talked about the RAF night missions and how he never knew where the German night fighters were until he saw massive stream of 20MM tracers coming his way.
His beloved Willie the parakeet had just been lost to a neighborhood cat and his was raising a newly hatched Willie 2.
When he shipped my parts order, he included a nice personal letter that will be well kept.
Another icon that will be always remembered.
Steve.
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 474
Join date : 2012-02-28
Location : Georgia

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  getback Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:21 am

Was just at Adrian's and it is said that a gent Jonathan Holt will be handling Eric's remaining stock if anyone is interested doesn't give a website https://adriansmodelaeroengines.com/catalog/main.php?cat_id=0 I don't know here is Eric's web page https://www.cafes.net/doctordiesel/ RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2020 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 8910
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 65
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  sosam117 Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:51 am

I would like to get "FIVE" of Eric Clutton's valve spout bottles.
Two for me as well as three for two of my flying friends want them too.
Since we'll probably never be able to get them anymore?

How do I contact Jonathan Holt?
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 766
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  getback Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:01 am

Don't know but i would contact through the web site i put the address up there ^^^
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2020 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 8910
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 65
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  sosam117 Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:15 am

Just sent an email to Eric's email on his website.
See what happens?


Last edited by sosam117 on Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 766
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  TDbandit Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:21 pm

Wow didn't know that Eric passed away, very sad indeed. He used to attend SMS every year and I would make a point to go over and chat with him. He was a great person and a diesel god. I was wondering why I hadn't seen him attend the last few shows, he will be greatly missed. Sad
(Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 897
Join date : 2014-12-01
Age : 50
Location : Riverdale Georgia

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  Kim Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:23 pm

sosam117 wrote:I would like to get "FIVE" of Eric Clutton's valve spout bottles.
Two for me as well as three for two of my flying friends want them too.
Since we'll probably never be able to get them anymore?

How do I contact Jonathan Holt?

I traded notes with Jonathan on Facebook Messenger, and he is looking for the valve spout bottles that Eric might have had in store, as well as a source getting them. If you order from England, they cost around $40 each!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 8043
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  sosam117 Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:10 am

Kim wrote:
sosam117 wrote:I would like to get "FIVE" of Eric Clutton's valve spout bottles.
Two for me as well as three for two of my flying friends want them too.
Since we'll probably never be able to get them anymore?

How do I contact Jonathan Holt?

I traded notes with Jonathan on Facebook Messenger, and he is looking for the valve spout bottles that Eric might have had in store, as well as a source getting them.  If you order from England, they cost around $40 each!

Unfortunately, I'm not on Facebook nor have a Facebook account.
I'm just a simple guy that has an email account and the internet.
I don't do twitter, TikTok, streaming videos, and all that other high tech. stuff.

Kim,
If you do contact Jonathan again, could you give him my email address?

It is Mike McIntyre @
sosam117@msn.com

Thanks!


Last edited by sosam117 on Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 766
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  getback Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:56 am

They are some good looking bottles w/shut off wish i had got at least one for my needs as well , maybe if he gets thing going ?! This is what's on Adrian's site if you didn't read it ( The good news for those wishing to learn more about model diesels (or about home-built aircraft) is that Eric's friend Jonathan Holt is still dealing with requests for Eric's books and other materials and intends to keep the business going. Let's wish him the best of luck! )
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2020 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 8910
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 65
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  sosam117 Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:47 am

getback wrote:They are some good looking bottles w/shut off wish i had got at least one for my needs as well , maybe if he gets thing going ?! This is what's on Adrian's site if you didn't read it ( The good news for those wishing to learn more about model diesels (or about home-built aircraft) is that Eric's friend Jonathan Holt is still dealing with requests for Eric's books and other materials and intends to keep the business going. Let's wish him the best of luck! )

Yes, I did read the posting.
Now how do you contact Jonathan Holt?

I tried the email address on Eric Clutton's website yesterday and no response yet?
Phone number --- nothing?

Kim was in contact with Jonathan Holt on Facebook messenger.
I'm not on Facebook at all.

I'm hoping I can get the (five) spout bottles from Eric's stock from Jonathan Holt?
Also hoping that Eric had the five bottles?
If not, I'll purchase close to the five as what Eric had "in stock"?
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 766
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  Kim Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:01 pm

sosam117 wrote:
getback wrote:They are some good looking bottles w/shut off wish i had got at least one for my needs as well , maybe if he gets thing going ?! This is what's on Adrian's site if you didn't read it ( The good news for those wishing to learn more about model diesels (or about home-built aircraft) is that Eric's friend Jonathan Holt is still dealing with requests for Eric's books and other materials and intends to keep the business going. Let's wish him the best of luck! )

Yes, I did read the posting.
Now how do you contact Jonathan Holt?

I tried the email address on Eric Clutton's website yesterday and no response yet?
Phone number --- nothing?

Kim was in contact with Jonathan Holt on Facebook messenger.
I'm not on Facebook at all.

I'm hoping I can get the (five) spout bottles from Eric's stock from Jonathan Holt?
Also hoping that Eric had the five bottles?
If not, I'll purchase close to the five as what Eric had "in stock"?

Hey Mike,
Just forwarded your note/address a few minutes ago...good luck with your bottle quest!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2020 Supporter

2021 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 8043
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  sosam117 Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:51 pm

Kim wrote:
sosam117 wrote:
getback wrote:They are some good looking bottles w/shut off wish i had got at least one for my needs as well , maybe if he gets thing going ?! This is what's on Adrian's site if you didn't read it ( The good news for those wishing to learn more about model diesels (or about home-built aircraft) is that Eric's friend Jonathan Holt is still dealing with requests for Eric's books and other materials and intends to keep the business going. Let's wish him the best of luck! )

Yes, I did read the posting.
Now how do you contact Jonathan Holt?

I tried the email address on Eric Clutton's website yesterday and no response yet?
Phone number --- nothing?

Kim was in contact with Jonathan Holt on Facebook messenger.
I'm not on Facebook at all.

I'm hoping I can get the (five) spout bottles from Eric's stock from Jonathan Holt?
Also hoping that Eric had the five bottles?
If not, I'll purchase close to the five as what Eric had "in stock"?


Hey Mike,
Just forwarded your note/address a few minutes ago...good luck with your bottle quest!



Thanks a bunch Kim! Very Happy

I'll wait now for Jonathan to contact me and hope he can find/have five bottles?
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 766
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Eric Clutton stock being handled by Jonathan Holt

Post  sosam117 Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:59 pm

UPDATE

Got a reply from Jonathan Holt (@ 7:59pm CST)

The email came from --- doctordiesel@cafes.net  --- email address.

Johathan said that he'll look through Eric's stock to see if he has the "five" spout bottles?


Thank you Jonathan! Very Happy


Last edited by sosam117 on Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 766
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  sosam117 Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:21 am

sosam117 wrote:UPDATE

Got a reply from Jonathan Holt (2/7/22@ 7:59pm CST)

The email came from --- doctordiesel@cafes.net  --- email address.

Johathan said that he'll look through Eric's stock to see if he has the "five" spout bottles?


Thank you Jonathan! Very Happy

Another update:

Received another email from Jonathan. (2/8/22 @6:21am)
He told me he works 10 to 12 hour days and will try to do what he can.
Another thing is that he has to drive an hour to where Eric's diesel stock is at and he doesn't look everyday at Dr. Diesel's website.
So, he asked me to be a little patient.
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 766
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  getback Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:15 am

Sosam117 did you ever get those fuel bottles?
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2020 Supporter

2022 Supporter

Posts : 8910
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 65
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  Ken Cook Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:21 am

Yesterday my son received a very interesting diesel engine. It's the Norwegian Tellas. I have to say, this is extremely well made and easy to use. This engine started within 2 flips and who knows how long it sat dormant. Moderately quiet but a bit louder than I suspected. My son has me hooked on diesels. As much as I hate the smell, I do enjoy understanding the idiosyncrasies of each engine we own. Some need little to no prime, others demand to be practically flooded. The fact that they're so overbuilt amazes me.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 4835
Join date : 2012-03-27
Location : pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  sosam117 Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:35 am

getback wrote:Sosam117 did you ever get those fuel bottles?

No I have not?

Have not heard a word from Jonathan Holt if he found them and how many he has?

Sent an email back in April 4th and received no reply?

Maybe send one today (4/24/22) and see if I get a reply?

Thanks!
sosam117
sosam117
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 766
Join date : 2016-03-23
Location : Suburb of Chicago, Illinois

Back to top Go down

"DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away Empty Re: "DOCTOR DIESEL" Eric Clutton Passed Away

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum