Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Olympic prop drive plate wanted--Now found!! Cox_ba12

Olympic prop drive plate wanted--Now found!! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:27 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by sosam117 Today at 8:24 am

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Today at 8:03 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Olympic prop drive plate wanted--Now found!! Empty
Live on Patrol

Olympic prop drive plate wanted--Now found!!

Go down

SOLD! Olympic prop drive plate wanted--Now found!!

Post  Robbasdog Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:12 pm

Hi folks, I know these things are like the proverbial Dodo doo-doos these days, but I'm after a blue prop drive plate for my Olympic. Gave the old girl a birthday, but ruined the plate pressing it back on. Got a new one, but it just looks wrong on an old, battle-worn engine, so if anyone has a spare scruffy but undamaged one they'd like to swap for the near-new one I have, please let me know! I also have a stash of other old Cox parts, so if there's something else you need, just ask.
Cheers,   Rob

Last edited by Robbasdog on Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Part now found!)
Robbasdog
Robbasdog
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

SOLD! Re: Olympic prop drive plate wanted--Now found!!

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:18 pm

Hi, I understood that you want a weathered piece. You can try fine steel wool and fine wet dry sandpaper.

Also you can try weak lye solution with a cotton bud. A light scrub with a cotton bud is enough for this. If you want to try lye solution then be careful with lye, goggles and gloves are necessary. After applying lye, immediately dip the piece in vinegar then wash. I don't suggest lye solution unless you have some experience about removing anodizing, and scrubbing with lye is somewhat critical about the appearance of the finished part.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbasdog Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:53 am

Hi Levent, thanks for the info, I had thought of beating up this new one a bit, and the lye solution has been suggested before. In days past I might have tried it, but now health issues have somewhat compromised my ability to deal safely with aggressive stuff like that. I'll hold off the other ways of distressing the new one for a while, too, I have very little experience of doing things down instead of up, and I'm likely to end up with two I can't/won't use! But in the end it may well be my only option...and all for a momentary lapse in concentration with the press.
Robbasdog
Robbasdog
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:01 am

Robbasdog, perhaps you could show us a photo of your Olympic with the new drive plate? Yours is the first I have heard that are concerned that a new looking part takes away from the rest of the engine. One is usually their own worst critic. To the rest, it may not look as bad as you think. Some here may also have some ideas on how to freshen up the scratched anodized parts on the rest of your engine, and other parts, to help give it a renewed look.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbasdog Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:09 am

Yeah, nice idea--I'll have to put it back together again & have another go at loading some pix on here, wasn't too successful at that last time I tried! The main thing is, tho', a fresh new look isn't what I'm after, all I really wanted to do was give it a good clean and two new bearings. A friend has offered to restore it to as-new if I want...but I LIKE that it looks really well used, battle scars and all! And to be fair, the new bit doesn't look BAD ( actually quite good )---just out of place, like a new panel on an old car! I know, picky picky---the down-side of being a perfectionist, I suppose.
Robbasdog
Robbasdog
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbasdog Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:19 am

Hi again folks---This just goes to show the best assets a guy can have in this life is good friends! Just got a call back from a mate who is happy to swap my good plate for what little is left of a parts engine he got for the resto on his Olympic. Love it when a plan works out! He gets a new plate, I get an old one, both happy! Cheers to all who took the time to read this ad, thanks to those who replied, and the offer still stands re the old parts I have--a very few SBJ and Thermal Hopper parts, and miscellaneous 049 Bee bits. No use to me, if there's something you need, just ask, I may well have the last bit you need for your rebuild!

Cheers, Rob
Robbasdog
Robbasdog
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down