Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Jumpstart three projects with one trade Cox_ba12

Jumpstart three projects with one trade Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Today at 10:54 am

» How's the weather?
by HalfaDave Today at 10:34 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 9:27 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by sosam117 Today at 9:24 am

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Today at 9:03 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 10:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:15 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:47 pm

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 11:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 9:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 7:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 6:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Jumpstart three projects with one trade Empty
Live on Patrol

Jumpstart three projects with one trade

Go down

Jumpstart three projects with one trade Empty Jumpstart three projects with one trade

Post  944_Jim Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:02 pm

Out with the old/In with the old.

I met a guy from Illinois on a FB TR6 page. He has dual downdraft Webers on his recently acquired TR6. He was lamenting having issues with his Webers and asked the FB group if anyone had a lead on stock Zenith Strombergs. "Sure do," I said. This was a week ago. Next thing I know, he checked my FB page, noted I have a Honda S-90 and made an offer I could not refuse.

So last Monday after work my youngest son and I removed the engine and transmission from the wreck my oldest son delivered to me about 2.5 years ago. I needed the car out from under the shed and the engine stored away from the shed so I could drag a later model engine/tranny/manifolds/ZS carbs into the shed by Friday night. The man drove down Friday night and returned home Saturday night with the late parts in the bed of his truck.

In exchange, I received:
1)  a freshly re-upholstered seat, straight bars, new rims laced on original hubs, running engine, and a spare NOS (marked with the tape indicating 1964 as the year of manufacture) wiring harness for my own S-90...RSV Bob would appreciate the trade.
2) My wrecked car 10 months closer to stripped for frame evaluation...I already have a replacement tub.
3a) 6 months closer to selecting the best frame for the frame-up rebuild of my car.
3b) room needed for the maneuver space for all these automotive projects.

Here we are moving out the old. I'll attached what he unloaded when he got home after I get it into my phone later:
Jumpstart three projects with one trade Img_2085

Last edited by 944_Jim on Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Timing/spelling)

Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Jumpstart three projects with one trade Empty Re: Jumpstart three projects with one trade

Post  rsv1cox Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:42 am

RSV Bob would appreciate the trade.

Right on that! Mine was mouse eaten along with the seat. Got all the ingredients to fix the seat, then I found a new seat complete which saved me work. I rode it last summer, but it has a sticky throttle cable so it sits down in the basement.

I have a set of those Stromberg's sitting on a manifold out in the garage.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Jumpstart three projects with one trade Empty Re: Jumpstart three projects with one trade

Post  fredvon4 Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:31 pm

My oh My how senile old age sux

I used to be a serious motor head and pretty good tuner. Motor cycle 4 strokes, Ford and Chev small blocks, a Nissan VG30ET Turbo, and a 72 BMW 2002 Tii Alpina.

The BMW was 2 liter 6 cyl, overhead cam with twin Webber DCOE45 side draft carbs. My first hooptie car that was a true Autobahn runner.

The LT I sold it to changed the intake to 3 Stormberg's I think cause he wanted CV carbs...very hazy on this

I bought from a leaving Officer for cheap. Interesting thing was the car has a gasoline heater in the trunk you could start in winter, go inside, have a cup and leave to work in a 80F+ degree interior with no ice on front or back windshields. Ugly as sin to me but a great car for $600 bucks. Oh it had electric windows and sun roof

Oh yes it was a clutch less 4 speed...IE torque converter and manual full synchro slush box. I was freaqued when the Commander sold it to me to see a stick shift and no clutch pedal
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:42 pm

Them were nice bikes. Still regret selling all mine a few years ago. I had a 1965 Honda S90. a 1967 Honda CL70, and a 1968 Honda CL90. All ran, were complete. The only thing I needed for one of them to run reliabally, was a coil on the 69. I actually have an original factory set of the 'Wings' for the side of the fuel tank in the bag here somewhere. I know the bag was opened but the 2 wings are in it. Now to play where in the tarnation did I stuff those things..... Or did I put them in my dads garage next door?????
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down