Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Loose ends................ Cox_ba12

Loose ends................ Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Loose ends................ Empty
Live on Patrol

Loose ends................

Go down

Loose ends................ Empty Loose ends................

Post  rsv1cox Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:02 pm

Those that never quite finish a project know what I mean.

Canopies, antennas, etc.  A picture story.

560 canopy cement, 16 hour cure.

Loose ends................ P1013488
Loose ends................ P1013489
Loose ends................ P1013487

Finally got around to gluing one on, supposed to snap in but the snap is broken, and made a duplicate out of styrene for the other

Loose ends................ P1013491
Loose ends................ P1013490

Got around to making a new half elevator for #2, heavier pivot, fills the receptical better, antennas for both next.  

Loose ends................ P1013493
Loose ends................ P1013496
Loose ends................ P1013495
Loose ends................ P1013494

Loose ends................ P1013492

Got a Wen Mac razor back coming.  All my other Corsairs are bubble canopy Cox.  Fun to plot the differences between the two,  May have a fly-off.

Loose ends................ Wen_co10
Loose ends................ Wen_co11

Worst of the worst.  $40 ebay asking BIN offered $35 which was accepted with $1.00 shipping.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Loose ends................ Empty Re: Loose ends................

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:19 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Those that never quite finish a project know what I mean. Canopies, antennas, etc. A picture story. 560 canopy cement, 16 hour cure.
Loose ends................ P1013488
Loose ends................ P1013489
Good substitute canopy, Bob, I got the same kit as you when Penn Valley Hobby was clearing those complete, Enterprise bulk pilots (2 sizes)/canopies (2 sizes)/prop cones sales display boxes may be 10 years ago.

rsv1cox wrote:Got a Wen Mac razor back coming.  All my other Corsairs are bubble canopy Cox.  Fun to plot the differences between the two,  May have a fly-off.
Loose ends................ Wen_co11

Worst of the worst.  $40 ebay asking BIN offered $35 which was accepted with $1.00 shipping.
Congrats on the win, looks worse than it really is, IMO, the infamous Wen-Mac F4U Corsair all-in-one molded aircraft. My brother had that in bright metallic chrome. A little clean up with new paint, replacement elevator and canopy, cleaned up engine, and it can be another display piece. Very Happy

I guess if you don't like metallic silver, then perhaps Navy blue? to represent the Pacific theater. Or, paint it in common wealth camo marine colors, with Australian roundels. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:13 am

Somehow Rod's response wound up on the Traveling engines post - Reproduced here.

Only Australian marked Corsair I can find is this strange looking beast.  Only pictures I can find are of models.  Note squared off tail, In-line engine and counter-rotating props.

Loose ends................ Rod_co10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:55 am

Bob, I had several models in unfinished state. I have limited space and this was critical. I'm also to saturation point once again. Time for disposal. We do have a swap meet coming up next week. I generally build two to three models at a time and bounce between them as this is the most effective. Not only for construction purpose but glue and materials. I like to dope all at once and glue the same way. I would complete models without terminating the ends of the control lines, I can't tell you how many unflown models were in that state. From now on, I do that part immediately. I have one last model, unflown and unfinished from 25 years ago. I hope to fly it 4th of July weekend. Model is a Sterling PT-17 C series. I built it for my friends handicapped son and I hope he can make it to see it fly. I promised him a video if he couldn't.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:48 am

Looks like @OldEngineRod did what I have done occasionally, replied in the wrong thread. I was wrong, I thought may be that Australia had F4U Corsairs in their military forces during WW2 or after, but after doing a search, didn't find such. That which Rod shows, I recall seeing such a while back, appears to be an experimental version with an inline instead of radial engine and contra rotating props, enlarged rudder to add stability with an anti-submarine radome in the right wing. The fuselage appears to be from another aircraft.

Did find an interesting Twitter video, the discovery of the USS Lexington in the Coral sea some 500 miles from Australia, 2 miles down. Short 1 minute video includes what I believe is a Douglas Dauntless that went down with the aircraft carrier.

https://twitter.com/PaulGAllen/status/970721650969755648

Loose ends................ 2022-023
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:11 pm

Ken Cook wrote:                Bob, I had several models in unfinished state. I have limited space and this was critical. I'm also to saturation point once again. Time for disposal. We do have a swap meet coming up next week. I generally build two to three models at a time and bounce between them as this is the most effective. Not only for construction purpose but glue and materials. I like to dope all at once and glue the same way. I would complete models without terminating the ends of the control lines, I can't tell you how many unflown models were in that state. From now on, I do that part immediately. I have one last model, unflown and unfinished from 25 years ago. I hope to fly it 4th of July weekend. Model is a Sterling PT-17 C series. I built it for my friends handicapped son and I hope he can make it to see it fly. I promised him a video if he couldn't.

I hate loose ends but they happen.  I don't fly my models while you do.  I don't know your attrition/wear-out rate but considering how much you fly it must be considerable.  My models collect dust.  It is easy to leave small loose ends and move on to something more interesting. I do it all the time.  I just took the time to finish these.

George, I couldn't open your link.

Easy-Off oven cleaner will make short work of that metalized finish, then re-work the engine and build an elevator.  After that I may fly it as a test before I refinish it in the blue that I did the Dauntless.  I really like the way it turned out, but I imagine fuel will eat it.  

Loose ends................ P1013498
Loose ends................ P1013499
Loose ends................ P1013497

I also finished the green Stukas. Cox did a good job on the canopies, still need parts for one.

Loose ends................ P1013500
Loose ends................ P1013501
Loose ends................ P1013502

Aslo cleaned up a Cox handle and got some more things from the loft to fill up open spaces on the bottom shelves.

Loose ends................ P1013503
Loose ends................ P1013504

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:59 pm

Bob, you have to click on the link, not the screen capture photo of the Twitter post. I just did a copy and paste into another browser, and link does work. I did the special screen capture, because sometimes just giving the link doesn't fully explain what it is about.

The link opens a new window in Twitter. You click the video there.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum