Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Review/Revise Engine of the Month Submission Rules? Cox_ba12

Review/Revise Engine of the Month Submission Rules? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Review/Revise Engine of the Month Submission Rules? Empty
Live on Patrol

Review/Revise Engine of the Month Submission Rules?

Go down

Thinking Review/Revise Engine of the Month Submission Rules?

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:08 pm

Recently we had an engine that was last year's pick of the draw, successfully garnering the prized @EXModelEngines Black Lynx engine, again be re-entered for another chance.

I wouldn't want to discourage engine submission, so the contest can be successful. However, lately, I have noticed that we've achieved the 10 engine minimum sometimes as short as 1 or 2 days after Jacob announces submissions for the month are open. Since Matt also graciously and freely supplies the prized engines, it would be good if he could also help guide.

May I suggest a revision to the rules, so that others may get a fair shot of being a Cox of the month winner, along with also a shot at the semi-annual prized Black Lynx that Matt Thumbs Up so graciously provides?

1. Once an engine wins the Engine of the Month Contest, it must be retired from further contests for say, a two year waiting period.

2. Once an engine is successfully selected for Engine of the Month candidate but not a winner, it must wait another 2 months before re-entering. This will help prevent seeing the same engine consecutively, and give a chance for another to be a candidate, as well as allow others to submit competing engines.

3. Once an engine wins the pick of the draw for the Black Lynx engine, it must be retired completely.

I wouldn't want to see the enthusiasm for this contest to be dampened, but also foster others to submit their engines as well.

Thoughts? May be I am over-reacting and status quo (no rule changes) is acceptable? Slightly dampen what I mentioned in brain storming? Or, any better ideas?
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Thinking Re: Review/Revise Engine of the Month Submission Rules?

Post  Yabby Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:29 pm

GallopingGhostler, I think you have made a really good start and I like your suggestions. I always vote in the Engine of the month competition and always enjoy looking at the different engines presented in it. I have never entered an engine in the competition, mainly as all of my engines are run of the mill workhorse engines. No restored, really old vintage, hot rod shiny, or rare type engines in my collection Im afraid. Thumbs Up  So my personnel investment in the rules has no attachment of concern either way from the view of entering and wanting to win. But, that said, I do enjoy looking at all of the entered engines and voting on hem each month and following who and what engine wins each month. sunny cheers

On the face of it I like the ideas GallopingGhostler has put up. And even if they cause controversy and discussion that is a good thing as it may highlight the competition a little more to more people and maybe end up with more people entering engines and also more members voting for the engines. And yes, I do post stuff that has engines in associated photos, so I shouldnt be so slack and get my act together in respect to this. I guess it needs members to submit photos, not just look and vote as I have done.Thumbs Up

I think its awesome that Matt  @EXModelEngines sponsors and provides the prize engine for this competition every month. Thumbs Up Clapping

Airplane cheers

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:11 am

Those are some good suggestions. I think winning pictures should be retired permanently. Not that the engine cannot be photographed again, just that particular picture.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:38 am

Admin wrote:Those are some good suggestions. I think winning pictures should be retired permanently. Not that the engine cannot be photographed again, just that particular picture.
I agree that a photo can be published until it wins but the same engine can be put in another photo with a different theme back plan it would be correct I believe me I always try to publish a different photo with a different engine or I take a different photo of the same engine in a completely different background or once I upgrade it Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 This Site Rocks!
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Thinking Cox Engine of the Month submissions and polling

Post  sosam117 Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:27 pm

I have never entered the same engine twice (so far) for the Cox Engine of the Month submissions. (If it won or not.)

I have enough engines that I really don't have to keep posting the same engine each time. (til it wins)
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down