Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video Cox_ba12

COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Today at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Today at 9:15 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Today at 7:26 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Today at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Today at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Today at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Today at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Today at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Today at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Today at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video Empty
Live on Patrol

COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video

Go down

COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video Empty COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video

Post  balogh Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:12 am

Long after the last video I shot with this key-chain camera, I mounted it again on my SIG Wonder RC plane to shoot another one.

COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video 20220815

A very friendly private airport somewhere in Hungary allowed me to fly there.(Drone laws discourage me to unveil the location)
Never mind the 2016 date on the screen, I failed to reset it to today's (Aug. 27th 2022) date. 50 ccm glow fuel (60% methanol, 20% nitro and 20% all castor lube oil) and a 7x3 Graupner prop pulled the plane, which was a ball to fly on its near 6 minutes engine run. The engine is a SPI (sub-piston induction ) COX Tee Dee 09 that I converted to R/C by mounting a muffler and a RC carb on it. Added muscle is the Kamtechnik turbo head..The muffler robs a bit of a power from an SPI engine, but what stamina is left by the muffler in the COX Tee Dee 09 is more than enough for a very enjoyable and powerful flight.

balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video Empty Re: COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video

Post  rsv1cox Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:27 am

Nifty Andras. Love the knife edges.

Beautiful flying area, wide open spaces. I still don't understand how you and others stay ahead of the airplane at those speeds.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video Empty Re: COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video

Post  balogh Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:31 am

Thanks, Bob..the secret is, keep'em fly high so that you have the time to intervene before you'd lawn peg'em...Most of the functionality of the RC carb is to instantly kill the engine if the hell breaks loose mid-air..🙂
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:39 am

Great flight! I really like the FPV or pilots view on the flight videos, You can almost feel the "g's" going thru the turns. That 09 does a real nice job hauling the Wonder thru the air. Yes,you must protect the secret location of your flying site from the Drone police. Thanks for sharing your fun.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:50 am

Thank you Rene, the added benefit of okn-board video is that you can audio-tach the engine speed without the Doppler effect that videos shot by viewers standing on the ground are affected by.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:22 am

great flight friend!
what a beautiful place to fly, I hope you enjoy it for a long time!

COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video 20220812
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:28 am

Thank you Mauricio. Yes this is a small private airport, or, a "thimble drome", and the owner and chief pilot also flies model airplanes and is amazed with my COX powered small birds.. RC Plane
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:02 pm

balogh wrote:...................The engine is a SPI (sub-piston induction ) COX Tee Dee 09 that I converted to R/C by mounting a muffler and a RC carb on it. Added muscle is the Kamtechnik turbo head.........

I was very impressed at how well the Tee Dee .09 pulled that aircraft.  The Wonder is pretty large at 38" -- .09's are at the bottom of the recommended engine size and my choice would have been a .15 minimum.  You have certainly proved me wrong on engine choice.

a--
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:46 pm

Andrew,

Yes, when I decided to build it, I only had 09 TeeDee-s as the largest caliber COX  and was a bit doubtful if it will be powerful enough. The 09 may be in the lower league of engines the Wonder was designed for,  but it is still very capable..one must really pay constant attention when riding the Wonder, because it is very fast with the 09 too, and can go out of control in a split second then re-kit itself..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:35 pm

Nice flying András, and a beautiful flying field, too, looks like may be 40 acre of open field. That muffled Tee Dee certainly moved the aircraft through its paces, definitely not underpowered. I'd have to look at my plans, but I think the smallest engine recommended was a .09 Medallion. I guess for those who love vertical accelerating performance, then a .15 to .20 might be the course.

I have one from a guy getting out of the hobby, bought it for a song. It has a Magnum .25 R/C Schneurle on it. I downfitted it to my Enya .15-III TV with muffler. Haven't flown it yet. I'm sure that .25 would have been "pedal to the metal" (an old saying about being fast, i.e., put your foot on the gas pedal all the way down to the car's floor). Laughing
COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video Sig_wo10

Now that I am older, I think something like a 46" Hobby Shack The Real Thing is more my speed.

Outerzone Plan# oz4134, 46in Real Thing from Hobby Shack, 1975
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=4134
COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video 01010
Outerzone photo.

Given the surrounding setting and people makes me wonder if perhaps these folks may be from Mauricio's area. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:55 pm

Thanks George, this is a well kept little airport, they have a few American Pipers they use to tow ads and commercials over a summer vacation spot near the lake Balaton, the largest lake in Central Europe that happens to be in Hungary..
COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video Screen46

The owner and his son are very friendly, they also built a small replica of the real size Piper,  and welcome me in their flying sanctuary in times when flying model airplanes heavier than 5 oz is officially allowed only if you meet unbelievably bureaucratic requirements. I have a model pilot certificate, but my home built planes are not registered, not insured, bla bla bla...

Indeed very nice area with a long and mowed runway, surrounded by agricultural, cultivated land. Only 9km-s from our lakeside house where we spend the summer, so an ideal opportunity indeed.

Your Wonder is very sexy and nicely finished. I would encourage you to fly it, if the .15 Enya is too powerful, maybe you begin with a throttled speed. The Wonder is very responsive, can react very quickly, so make sure the control throws are not excessive, and the servo speed is set at medium or so.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:54 pm

COX Tee Dee 09 RC powering my SIG Wonder RC plane in this on-board flight video 01010
Outerzone photo.

Given the surrounding setting and people makes me wonder if perhaps these folks may be from Mauricio's area. Very Happy[/quote]

It is a beautiful place, something like a plateau can be seen in the background... no, it is not someone around here, it is a pity that they do not give specifications of the place, since many times from an article one is attracted to meet a place, at least through google.
I don't know where those model airplanes are from, but the place looks lovely! Huh...
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum