Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Engines Quarterly Newsletters  --- Bad Link Cox_ba12

Cox Engines Quarterly Newsletters  --- Bad Link Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 6:19 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 5:44 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 1:10 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Cox International Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Engines Quarterly Newsletters  --- Bad Link Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Engines Quarterly Newsletters --- Bad Link

Go down

Cox Engines Quarterly Newsletters  --- Bad Link Empty Cox Engines Quarterly Newsletters --- Bad Link

Post  sosam117 Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:17 am

I moved this over from one listing to its own for a problem trying to get access to the old quarterly newsletters.

Cox Engines Quarterly Newsletters  --- Bad Link Cox_en13

Years ago, somehow, I got on the list for the quarterly newsletter, but I didn't know of this website (Cox Engine Forum)
I remember seeing an ad in the AMA magazine (Model Aviation) about Cox International.

Ordered some gaskets and stuff and I think I gave them my email address.
Then I started receiving the quarterly newsletter.

Now I see that I missed newsletter #8 that was released back in 2017?

Probably when my internet provider changed from a local provider to one of those bigger internet providers?
That is back when in my area it was still dial up and you could hear the tones of getting connected?

I'll download the newsletter #8 to complete my collection of quarterly newsletters.

THANKS!

Happy New Year !!!  Santa Christmas Tree Hats Off Beers

BAD NEWS:

I went to:
Cox Engines Quarterly #8
(click above to go to the bad link)

I tried to download the newsletter and got an error message.

Cox Engines Quarterly Newsletters  --- Bad Link Coxeng10

Burnie, is it possible to fix the links so that we can download any/all of the newslettersso as to re-read the past newsletters?
They have great information in them, and it would be great to have access to them.

I have one thru seven but never downloaded number 8.

Just an FYI   ---- the old link does not work anymore, probably when you updated your site?

Thanks so much for you hard work here.

Mike Mac
sosam117
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Cox Engines Quarterly Newsletters  --- Bad Link Empty Re: Cox Engines Quarterly Newsletters --- Bad Link

Post  getback Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:26 pm

WEll , hopefully they can get it Fixed , I don't know if it was created here or from Cox International Huh... We have more people on here now that Like to type and have knowhow experience to contribute . May could add too it ? Sorry Mike i didn't check to see if it work / but now ya got something going anyway This Site Rocks!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cox Engines Quarterly Newsletters  --- Bad Link Empty Re: Cox Engines Quarterly Newsletters --- Bad Link

Post  Admin Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:19 pm

This is Cox International (Bernie's) thing. We'll have to wait for him to chime or else see if anyone on here can find a copy of it on their computer. I'll scan my HDDs later and see if I have it.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:21 pm

One of the things I have learned about entrepreneurs, is that they are very busy professionals with many things going on, to stay in business. I enjoyed reading these newsletters, but they take time to write.

I don't know if it was in fact Bernie who was supplying Hobby King, may be Nitro Planes, too, but they were selling various Cox engines for a time, about when last newsletter came out.

(Those would be excellent venues to whittle down a 25,000 engine inventory. This is particularly true for foreseeing the glow market coming to a close with major manufacturers discontinuing engine production. Sanye, one of the last strong producers, stopped when, 4 years ago?)

While they were being produced, I enjoyed reading those newsletters, although I must admit, although I bought here and there, I was not a regular customer, but I gather that there are probably a lot of others just like me. It is just the nature of the hobby industry.

The fact that both Bernie and Matt have been able to remain in business through thick and thin yet retain many clients and friends, is a testament to their fortitude and character. Thumbs Up Beer Cheers cheers
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:19 pm

I managed to find newsletters 1-5 on my HDDs. The others may be on my old phone since I probably last read them on there.

If Bernie doesn't mind, I'd be happy to upload and put them on the Instructions Sheets page.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:22 am

I have "one" thru "seven" but missed number eight quarterly newsletter.

I looked to see when it came out and that was the time, I was sold my little 2-bedroom house and 1 car garage and move most of my belongings back to my parent's house.

My Mom passed away back in 2005 and I inherited the house.
It is 62 miles away where the house I had.
Anyway, the taxes were cheaper on my parents' home compared to my house.
Sold most of the stuff from my house and moved what I wanted back to my parent's house.

Dad has/had a nice workshop attached to the garage for model planes (my house didn't).
There was/is more "stuff" at my parents' house than mine (tools, yard equipment, snowblowers, tillers, lots of model plane kits, etc.)

Also, it has more storage space than my little house had. 3 car garage and 12' wide x 36' long workshop.
My little house had one of the bedrooms 8'x9' as my model shop and the house had no basement -- just a crawlspace)

So, going thru the move, I stopped my internet at the old house and when I got the new internet service at my parents' house the new e-mail address was changed. That's why I didn't get the quarterly newsletter #8.
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:30 am

May have to reach out to Bernie to get a reply , since he is not on here that much . Santa
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:05 pm

When we upgraded our shopping cart to a newer version in 2021, we did not bother to update the links because it had been five years since the last edition had been published, and we figured that whoever wanted to download a copy, had already done so.

However, we still have the files on our server for all eight publications and, if someone would like to post / host them, we can certainly supply them.

The demise of the quarterly publications was due to lack of contributions from third parties.

Yes, we once supplied Hobby King, but that relationship ended when their escalating demands for price concessions became more than we were willing or able to accommodate.

Last edited by Cox International on Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:07 pm

we can demand price concessions???

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

(joking, I am happy with everything ya'll sell, and thrilled to have a source for parts!)
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:34 pm

cstatman wrote:we can demand price concessions???

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

(joking, I am happy with everything ya'll sell, and thrilled to have a source for parts!)

Of course Smile

Generally for orders upwards of $500, as long as it's not for OEM engines and also for large quantities of the same part, as long as it's a part that we either manufacture or have in very large quantities.

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:35 pm

Bernie, if you could send 6, 7, and 8 (I have the earlier ones) to nitroengine@gmail.com I'll host the quarterly newsletters here on the forum.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:45 pm

Admin wrote:Bernie, if you could send 6, 7, and 8 (I have the earlier ones) to nitroengine@gmail.com I'll host the quarterly newsletters here on the forum.

Done Smile

Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:17 pm

The Cox Engines Quarterly newsletters can now be found here: https://www.coxengineforum.com/h24-instruction-sheets#ceq

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:05 pm

Admin wrote:The Cox Engines Quarterly newsletters can now be found here: https://www.coxengineforum.com/h24-instruction-sheets#ceq

Thanks Bernie and Jacob Hand Shake

Now have all of the Cox Engines Quarterly Newsletters and I can finally read number 8. Clapping
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down