Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» How's the weather?
by KariFS Today at 2:59 am

» Videos not loading
by Marleysky Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» Shark XV Video
by Tee Bee Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» *For Sale* NIB Dick Mathis "Pinto"
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Select Hobbies.
by 66 Malibu Yesterday at 4:21 pm

» 1939 Plymouth truck.. with radial engine installed
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:19 pm

» Cox Odyssey Spare parts and more ...
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:43 am

» Differences between Texaco and other cox back plates
by NEW222 Yesterday at 11:10 am

» R/C dumb. Could use some help
by getback Yesterday at 8:22 am

» Tee Dee Head vs Medallion Head
by getback Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:59 am

Cox Engine of The Month
December-2017
1/2A Nut's

"Chrome Moly TD .020 RC"



PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Gallery


Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Given more time....................

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Given more time....................

Post  SuperDave on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:10 am

Do you REALLY think that "guest posting" will "take off and fly"?
avatar
SuperDave
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  Admin on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:29 am

No. It was just the popular vote and what does it hurt to have a extra section. Like I said earlier, we'll see how it goes with the guest section. I don't care if it ever gets used or not as long as there are no problems.
avatar
Admin
Administrator

Posts : 4441
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : Roseville/St.Paul Minnesota, USA

View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  nitroairplane on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:37 am

Admin wrote:No. It was just the popular vote and what does it hurt to have a extra section. Like I said earlier, we'll see how it goes with the guest section. I don't care if it ever gets used or not as long as there are no problems.
It's good to have there just incase.
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  SuperDave on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:47 pm

At least the forum extended the gesture of openess.
avatar
SuperDave
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  nitroairplane on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:46 am

SuperDave wrote:At least the forum extended the gesture of openess.
Yes I believe we want guests to feel welcome and if they feel welcome they will go on to be active members.
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  shell shock on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Man, i wish more forums had this mentality. This definatly makes people feel more welcomed as was mentioned. It just needs to be moderated.
avatar
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 401
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 25
Location : Mississauga Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  SuperDave on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:04 pm

shell shock wrote:Man, i wish more forums had this mentality. This definatly makes people feel more welcomed as was mentioned. It just needs to be moderated.

What's to be moderated? I've seen nothing offensive, have you?
avatar
SuperDave
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  nitroairplane on Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:29 am

SuperDave wrote:
shell shock wrote:Man, i wish more forums had this mentality. This definatly makes people feel more welcomed as was mentioned. It just needs to be moderated.

What's to be moderated? I've seen nothing offensive, have you?

I think he means this needs to be closely watched because guests can easily get out of hand because it is not a real profile so they may say what they like and then never return where as a proper profile we would feel very embarresed if we said something really rude as we are proper members.
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  shell shock on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:47 am

nitroairplane wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
shell shock wrote:Man, i wish more forums had this mentality. This definatly makes people feel more welcomed as was mentioned. It just needs to be moderated.

What's to be moderated? I've seen nothing offensive, have you?

I think he means this needs to be closely watched because guests can easily get out of hand because it is not a real profile so they may say what they like and then never return where as a proper profile we would feel very embarresed if we said something really rude as we are proper members.

DING DONG! you hit it right on the head! i belong to many forums, and this happens all the time. But yes, as of current the forum is as clean as a good beer XP who doesn't love a crisp clean cold one? Computer Issues
avatar
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 401
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 25
Location : Mississauga Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  nitroairplane on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:14 pm

shell shock wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
shell shock wrote:Man, i wish more forums had this mentality. This definatly makes people feel more welcomed as was mentioned. It just needs to be moderated.

What's to be moderated? I've seen nothing offensive, have you?

I think he means this needs to be closely watched because guests can easily get out of hand because it is not a real profile so they may say what they like and then never return where as a proper profile we would feel very embarresed if we said something really rude as we are proper members.

DING DONG! you hit it right on the head! i belong to many forums, and this happens all the time. But yes, as of current the forum is as clean as a good beer XP who doesn't love a crisp clean cold one? Computer Issues

Yeah man you got it clean as a Whistle and that is due to the nature of the hob, Great people doing a great thing.
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  Carl on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:51 am

after seeing what happened on a farm tractor forum in the guest section, i thought guest posting should not exist here at all. all it does is tear apart a nice little community. when a problem with a guest occurs and the guest only wants to cause trouble there is not much you can do about it. you can ban their ip address and thats it. All they have to do is goto a library or a mcdonalds and use their wifi and start causing trouble again.
avatar
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 141
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 60
Location : Montana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  SuperDave on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Carl:

I share your concern and have from the beginning of the "guest posting" episode. When a forum becomes TOO user-friendly problems ensue which can cause it's ulitimate destruction. All it would take is one disruptive "kookoo" to start the slide downhill.

Even actual membership registration could encounter this problem too but most "kookoo's"couldn't be bothered. The very fact that "guest positing" has generated only one response, incoherent at that, indicates how well "guest posting" has served any purpose.

So guest posting lies dormant, as bomb or bullet, but it's potential damage is dangerous in the wrong hands.
avatar
SuperDave
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  nitroairplane on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:30 pm

SuperDave wrote:Carl:

I share your concern and have from the beginning of the "guest posting" episode. When a forum becomes TOO user-friendly problems ensue which can cause it's ulitimate destruction. All it would take is one disruptive "kookoo" to start the slide downhill.

Even actual membership registration could encounter this problem too but most "kookoo's"couldn't be bothered. The very fact that "guest positing" has generated only one response, incoherent at that, indicates how well "guest posting" has served any purpose.

So guest posting lies dormant, as bomb or bullet, but it's potential damage is dangerous in the wrong hands.

But if a problem does arise guest posting can be deleted before it brings the forum down.
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  shell shock on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:39 pm

la i'a to that! i really like how there is no trolls on here so far....
avatar
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 401
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 25
Location : Mississauga Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  Admin on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Again, you have to think about it for a minute. This is not like a video game forum. The average age here has to be around 50-60 yrs old. So far everyone seems to be mature. I don't quite see why someone would like to cause trouble on a Cox engine forum anyway. If trouble starts and they don't stop, I'll ban their IP. If it still doesn't stop them, you can always ignore them and ban every IP they use and delete their posts. Eventually they are bound to stop. if it becomes too much trouble, then I'll remove the section.
avatar
Admin
Administrator

Posts : 4441
Join date : 2010-07-27
Location : Roseville/St.Paul Minnesota, USA

View user profile http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  SuperDave on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Admin:

With that assurance I'll withdraw my suspicous and doubting comments. Huh...

Moderate away and save forum trom "trolls" should they appear.
avatar
SuperDave
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  nitroairplane on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Admin wrote:Again, you have to think about it for a minute. This is not like a video game forum. The average age here has to be around 50-60 yrs old. So far everyone seems to be mature. I don't quite see why someone would like to cause trouble on a Cox engine forum anyway. If trouble starts and they don't stop, I'll ban their IP. If it still doesn't stop them, you can always ignore them and ban every IP they use and delete their posts. Eventually they are bound to stop. if it becomes too much trouble, then I'll remove the section.

Yeah that's what I tried to get across but I believe the age to be far lower as I know of at least 5 members under the age of 20 and think there are more that have not given an age.
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  nitroairplane on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:11 pm

SuperDave wrote:Admin:

With that assurance I'll withdraw my suspicous and doubting comments. Huh...

Moderate away and save forum trom "trolls" should they appear.

Don't worry we will and if it gets out d hand we can always take more moderators on board.
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  shell shock on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:33 pm

i know you might roll your eyes at this, but age has nothing to do with it! for instance; i used to hate seeing young kids on forums. they were obnoxious (i know i was there too at one point) and would not contribute to anything. but the user under the name "microflitedude" made me do an extreme double take. on that note ive seen angry 30-40 something year olds cause nothing but trouble.
my 2cc's XP
avatar
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 401
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 25
Location : Mississauga Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  nitroairplane on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:35 pm

shell shock wrote:i know you might roll your eyes at this, but age has nothing to do with it! for instance; i used to hate seeing young kids on forums. they were obnoxious (i know i was there too at one point) and would not contribute to anything. but the user under the name "microflitedude" made me do an extreme double take. on that note ive seen angry 30-40 something year olds cause nothing but trouble.
my 2cc's XP

Yes very true but it is also true that generally older guys are somewhat calmer than "KIDS" but there are execptions to both rules.
But for us once again it is the nature of the hobby regardless of age.
Great people doing a great thing.
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  Carl on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:44 pm

Admin wrote:Again, you have to think about it for a minute. This is not like a video game forum. The average age here has to be around 50-60 yrs old. So far everyone seems to be mature. I don't quite see why someone would like to cause trouble on a Cox engine forum anyway. If trouble starts and they don't stop, I'll ban their IP. If it still doesn't stop them, you can always ignore them and ban every IP they use and delete their posts. Eventually they are bound to stop. if it becomes too much trouble, then I'll remove the section.

wouldnt you think the same about the tractor forum? how many punk kids (not counting the good farm kids) own a old international tractor? may i add that its not always the kids who are causing trouble. ive seen a few old buggers starting a ruckus on there before they had to be well over 60. There were also people on there posting advertisement after advertisement on the guest section, the moderators couldn't stop it. the ads were like regular ads you would see on a site selling services or items. since there doesnt appear to be any guests posting, i guess its not causing trouble.
avatar
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 141
Join date : 2010-07-31
Age : 60
Location : Montana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  nitroairplane on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Carl wrote:
Admin wrote:Again, you have to think about it for a minute. This is not like a video game forum. The average age here has to be around 50-60 yrs old. So far everyone seems to be mature. I don't quite see why someone would like to cause trouble on a Cox engine forum anyway. If trouble starts and they don't stop, I'll ban their IP. If it still doesn't stop them, you can always ignore them and ban every IP they use and delete their posts. Eventually they are bound to stop. if it becomes too much trouble, then I'll remove the section.

wouldnt you think the same about the tractor forum? how many punk kids (not counting the good farm kids) own a old international tractor? may i add that its not always the kids who are causing trouble. ive seen a few old buggers starting a ruckus on there before they had to be well over 60. There were also people on there posting advertisement after advertisement on the guest section, the moderators couldn't stop it. the ads were like regular ads you would see on a site selling services or items. since there doesnt appear to be any guests posting, i guess its not causing trouble.

Yes and then the first forum i ever joined here,
http://www.lfgss.com/
i'd say the average age is about 24 and with over 13,000 active members ive been on there for about 4 years and never seen any trouble.
I suppose when amongst like minded individuals what trouble is there to make?
avatar
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

View user profile http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  SuperDave on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:55 pm

SS:

I noticed that you changed your "status" beneath your "avie". Seems there is a certain maturity overcoming you after only a short time on the forum.

Older guys don't make statements like you did.

Thank you for deleting it.
avatar
SuperDave
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  shell shock on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Im not really sure what you mean. but thank you?
avatar
shell shock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 401
Join date : 2011-10-05
Age : 25
Location : Mississauga Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  microflitedude on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:46 pm

nitroairplane wrote:
I suppose when amongst like minded individuals what trouble is there to make?

Exactly. It's a small group, discussing one topic, the only advertising that I've noticed is through RCGroups.com. There probably will eventually be a troll, the best thing to do then is completely ignore him, and ban all the IP's. It's attention they want.

Thanks SS for noting me.


avatar
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Trusted Seller
I Support My Forum

Posts : 3417
Join date : 2011-08-17
Age : 19
Location : Columbia, SC

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Re: Given more time....................

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum