Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

An absolutely CRAZY remake idea: comments welcome Cox_ba12

An absolutely CRAZY remake idea: comments welcome Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Today at 7:53 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 7:00 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by dan vincent Today at 6:15 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

An absolutely CRAZY remake idea: comments welcome Empty
Live on Patrol

An absolutely CRAZY remake idea: comments welcome

Go down

An absolutely CRAZY remake idea: comments welcome Empty An absolutely CRAZY remake idea: comments welcome

Post  SuperDave Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:27 am

For some years I have had a Dumas Aeronca C-3 "Flying Bathtub" designed by Pat Tritle. The actual C-3 was first built in 1937 and named as a "Collegian" as it was an "entry-level" aircraft to appeal to those of limited means.

The kit that was designed for EP but I'm thinking of adapting it for .061 G-mark RC nitro power with four channel RC. With a 40" wingspan the C-3 would make an excellent slow flyer for making lazy manuvers in the sky and certainly nothing spectacular. (Very much like me.) Wink

Principally a "sticks and paper" plane, is this a practical idea?
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

An absolutely CRAZY remake idea: comments welcome Empty Re: An absolutely CRAZY remake idea: comments welcome

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:08 am

SuperDave wrote:For some years I have had a Dumas Aeronca C-3 "Flying Bathtub" designed by Pat Tritle. The actual C-3 was first built in 1937 and named as a "Collegian" as it was an "entry-level" aircraft to appeal to those of limited means.

The kit that was designed for EP but I'm thinking of adapting it for .061 G-mark RC nitro power with four channel RC. With a 40" wingspan the C-3 would make an excellent slow flyer for making lazy manuvers in the sky and certainly nothing spectacular. (Very much like me.) Wink

Principally a "sticks and paper" plane, is this a practical idea?

sound good to me but maybe a >061 might be a bit large for a 40" slow flyer i built a 40" slow flying plane for the pee wee .020 using a 6 by 3 maybe enlarge it to 55" or try it as it is but may not be quite as slow as you are thinking.
What is the weight and wing loading?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

An absolutely CRAZY remake idea: comments welcome Empty Re: An absolutely CRAZY remake idea: comments welcome

Post  Cz10 Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:26 am

I agree... .061 sounds waaaay too big and heavy.... Maybe a Golden Bee with throttle or something at the most. TD .020 sounds perfect.

I always loved the C3.... There was one in a hanger at Hayward, CA when we flew out of there in the 60's.
Cz10
Cz10
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:41 am

[quote="Cz10"]I agree... .061 sounds waaaay too big and heavy.... Maybe a Golden Bee with throttle or something at the most. TD .020 sounds perfect.

I always loved the C3.... There was one in a hanger at Hayward, CA when we flew out of there in the 60's.[/quote

Maybe if you have a G-Mark .03 with throttle and exhaust thatvwould be perfect for those slow and lazy passes.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:57 am

The Aeronca C-3 is so UGLY that it's actually BEAUTIFUL (to some like me).

At this point I have no definite idea in mind. Since I have a NIB G-mark .061 RC w/muff, I'd sure like to find plane for it. EP is simply not appealing to me for reasons I've discussed here.

Conversely, I have a new PeeWee .020 but it lacks a throttle. Any suggestions as to a throttle for it?
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:04 am

[quote="SuperDave"]The Aeronca C-3 is so UGLY that it's actually BEAUTIFUL (to some like me).

At this point I have no definite idea in mind. Since I have a NIB G-mark .061 RC w/muff, I'd sure like to find plane for it. EP is simply not appealing to me for reasons I've discussed here.

Conversely, I have a new PeeWee .020 but it lacks a throttle. Any suggestions as to a throttle for it?[/quote

Some brass sheeting and some little bolts wrapped around the cylinder with slits for the exhaust.
Like the microglite PET for the tee dee .010 or if MF dude doesn't want it i could send you a throttle ring and cylinder assembly.
Or if you have a think wall cylinder you canuse brass tubing to make a ring for it.

Last edited by nitroairplane on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:05 am

[quote="nitroairplane"]
SuperDave wrote:The Aeronca C-3 is so UGLY that it's actually BEAUTIFUL (to some like me).

Conversely, I have a new PeeWee .020 but it lacks a throttle. Any suggestions as to a throttle for it?[/quote

Some brass sheeting and some little bolts wrapped around the cylinder with slits for the exhaust.
Like the microglite PET for the tee dee .010 or if MF dude doesn't want it i could send you a throttle ring and cylinder assembly.
Or if you have a think wall cylinder you canuse brass tubing to make a ring for it.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:29 pm

SuperDave wrote:At this point I have no definite idea in mind. Since I have a NIB G-mark .061 RC w/muff, I'd sure like to find plane for it. ?

I have two of those and are still looking for a twin engine plan or kit I like. Thinking about a 40" DeHavilland Mosquito plan I found, which would be appropriate for two .061's.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:41 pm

PV: Curious to see what you come up with. Interesting idea.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:23 am

PV Pilot wrote:
SuperDave wrote:At this point I have no definite idea in mind. Since I have a NIB G-mark .061 RC w/muff, I'd sure like to find plane for it. ?

I have two of those and are still looking for a twin engine plan or kit I like. Thinking about a 40" DeHavilland Mosquito plan I found, which would be appropriate for two .061's.

there are some interesting models here not my cup of tea but you might like them.
http://www.densmodelsupplies.co.uk/index.php?c=twin_engined
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down