Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox flight contest begins now!!!!! - Page 5 Cox_ba12

Cox flight contest begins now!!!!! - Page 5 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox flight contest begins now!!!!! - Page 5 Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox flight contest begins now!!!!!

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Cox flight contest begins now!!!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Cox flight contest begins now!!!!!

Post  Cribbs74 Thu May 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Well good! I won't unless a miracle happens. Not in to win though!

I am glad I settled on a year as there will be highs and lows for sure. I am going to spend a month in New Mexico so I should get a lot of flying in then. However, it probably won't be much in the way of 1/2A due to the high winds. Sad
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cox flight contest begins now!!!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Cox flight contest begins now!!!!!

Post  duke.johnson Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:42 am

Just needed to ask a couple questions.

Can we change tanks on our engine? 4cc to 8cc to remote tank to bladder? For different planes?

And did I need to post our engine with the first airframe?

And do we start on Saturday?
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:18 am

It's already Saturday, somewhere! I'm going out as soon as I can get around tomorrow. Ha ha ha, here goes! Oh, can we trash-talk, and intimidate our fellow contestants?
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:38 am

I figured I'd re-post the rules here since it's June 1st and I had a question about run-time.
But now that I re-read them, I see I need to get a cheapie stopwatch. I was going to get one anyway for my precision stunt training.
Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

cribbs74 wrote:Ok,

After much thought and suggestion from others I decided to completely re-think this.

The rules are now simpler.

1. Any Cox engine from .010 trough .15

2. Same engine must be flown for for the duration of the event.

3. Any airframe may be used and does not have to remain the same for the duration of the event. Just the engine!

4. Runtime begins on liftoff and ends on landing.

5. The most accumulated flying hours in 365 days starting 1 Jun 2013 wins the event.

That's it! I will be taking flying hour totals on a monthly basis and compiling them on my spreadsheet. Monthly totals for each entrant will be posted here. Hour/minute totals are due the beginning of each month. All forms of flying welcome R/C, CL, FF etc.

Let's have some fun! The more entrants the better as the purpose of this event is to raise Cox awareness and support our suppliers.

Ron

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:04 am

I thought it was going on engine run time. Just in case someone put their engine on a glider and stayed up for an hour. And what about the tanks?

I want to fly today, but the daughter graduates today. I might get some flying in. It might depend on the answer to the tank question.

Go luck guys! Even if we don't win the contest. We are going to get some fly-in done!!!!!!!!!!

"Sorry honey I'd like to take the garbage out, but I need to fly for the contest." lol!
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:27 am

It is engine run time. From release of plane till the fuel runs out. Timed in hours and minutes.

I can't eliminate all the variables such as tank size etc as that would force folks to go buy stuff. If you have a small tank just fly more.

I will be posting monthly reports so you can see where you fit in with your competition. There will be class distinction on the prizes so don't stress about the RC guys with big tanks.

Remember guys same engine for a year. If your engine breaks fix it and keep flying. Support Matt and Bernie as much as possible!!!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:29 am

GUS THE I.A. wrote:It's already Saturday, somewhere! I'm going out as soon as I can get around tomorrow. Ha ha ha, here goes! Oh, can we trash-talk, and intimidate our fellow contestants?

Yeah Doug, kidding around is tolerated. Just keep it respectable. I know you would anyway....

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:33 am

cribbs74 wrote:Ok,

After much thought and suggestion from others I decided to completely re-think this.

The rules are now simpler.

1. Any Cox engine from .010 trough .15

2. Same engine must be flown for for the duration of the event.

3. Any airframe may be used and does not have to remain the same for the duration of the event. Just the engine!

4. Runtime begins on liftoff/release and ends when engine quits.

5. The most accumulated flying hours in 365 days starting 1 Jun 2013 wins the event.

That's it! I will be taking flying hour totals on a monthly basis and compiling them on my spreadsheet. Monthly totals for each entrant will be posted here. Hour/minute totals are due the beginning of each month. All forms of flying welcome R/C, CL, FF etc.

Let's have some fun! The more entrants the better as the purpose of this event is to raise Cox awareness and support our suppliers.

Ron

Here are the rules again, I revised rule number 4 to make it more clear.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:56 pm

duke.johnson wrote:Just needed to ask a couple questions.

Can we change tanks on our engine? 4cc to 8cc to remote tank to bladder? For different planes?

And did I need to post our engine with the first airframe?

And do we start on Saturday?

Yes to all except you don't need to post a picture of your engine unless you want to. I would love to see all the entries.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:24 pm

Thanks Ron. We will try to figure out tonight what we are going to start off with and take pictures. We want to fly real bad. Want about putting our engine in a air boat? It's still run time, but it's not an airframe?
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:30 pm

duke.johnson wrote:Thanks Ron. We will try to figure out tonight what we are going to start off with and take pictures. We want to fly real bad. Want about putting our engine in a air boat? It's still run time, but it's not an airframe?

I have no entries for airboats,tether car etc. at least none that I am aware of even though it was discussed so it would be hard to create a class of just one entry not to mention the prize issue. I only asked for two engines from Exmodelengines. If we had enough entrants for other classes I would be willing to offer up a couple of my own NIB engines.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:54 am

Ron
No, don't do that. I just forgot, I had it in my head you took out the classes and had one engine any airframe. Sorry. You must be getting tired of all the confusion issues. Or confused people. Thanks for putting up with us.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:42 am

Duke,

No problem, not tired at all. I probably should have spelt things out better. This is a new event and it takes a bit to work the bugs out.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:01 am

No problems on my end, I just don't want to mess up your fun wit problems. This is great! Tired w/ Coffee Read
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Cox flight contest begins now!!!!! - Page 5 Empty Just catching up

Post  batjac Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Ron, I only joined the forum a few days ago as I am just getting back into glow R/C, and just found out about the contest. I'd like to join, as it will be an added incentive to get more active with my Cox engines. I would like to be enterd in the contest roll. I will start on Wednesday, as I have the engine ready to go, but not a plane.

Mark McRiley
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:11 pm

No problem Mark, glad to have you. I'll add your name to the list.

This is an excellent way to get back into the swing of things!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:54 pm

batjac wrote:Ron, I only joined the forum a few days ago as I am just getting back into glow R/C, and just found out about the contest. I'd like to join, as it will be an added incentive to get more active with my Cox engines. I would like to be enterd in the contest roll. I will start on Wednesday, as I have the engine ready to go, but not a plane.

Mark McRiley

Welcome, Mark. If you don't have a plane you can always do the flying shop rag trick. Hopefully you can find your engine when it comes down. Write your name and address on the shop rag.
lol!

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:57 am

cribbs74 wrote:I have no entries for airboats,tether car etc. at least none that I am aware of even though it was discussed so it would be hard to create a class of just one entry not to mention the prize issue. I only asked for two engines from Exmodelengines. If we had enough entrants for other classes I would be willing to offer up a couple of my own NIB engines.

Ron

Ron- are we doing two classes? R/C and C/L? kepping the run time seperate?
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:45 pm

RknRusty wrote:
Welcome, Mark. If you don't have a plane you can always do the flying shop rag trick. Hopefully you can find your engine when it comes down. Write your name and address on the shop rag.
lol!

Thanks Rusty. I threw a TD .049 into a modified Cox Katydid last night, so I'll be ready to fly on my day off Wednesday.

Thanks for letting me get in on this, Ron!

Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:05 pm

duke.johnson wrote:
cribbs74 wrote:I have no entries for airboats,tether car etc. at least none that I am aware of even though it was discussed so it would be hard to create a class of just one entry not to mention the prize issue. I only asked for two engines from Exmodelengines. If we had enough entrants for other classes I would be willing to offer up a couple of my own NIB engines.

Ron

Ron- are we doing two classes? R/C and C/L? kepping the run time seperate?

Yes, sorry for the confusion
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:29 pm

Can I get this thread stuck?

I'ts a pain to dig for it and it needs to be accessible to view the rules. I would also like another thread with monthly results stuck if possible.

Thanks!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:57 pm

It's now a sticky.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:01 pm

You're the man! Thanks Rusty.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:36 pm

I am determined to enter but have limited space to fly (all local areas are banned) but no one can stop me using the back garden.

Not much room though but I have been practising setting up using an e......c plane. Now to build up one for a little Cox.

Haven't decided which engine yet but twill probable be a PeeWee or a TD 020.

Look no hands! I won't get dizzy and I can smoke and drink while flying!

ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:40 pm

It won't let me view it. Say's it's private..........
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next