Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

multi - Multi engine cl Cox_ba12

multi - Multi engine cl Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

multi - Multi engine cl Empty
Live on Patrol

Multi engine cl

Go down

multi - Multi engine cl Empty Multi engine cl

Post  flyjsh Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:21 am

Anyone here built one? How does one set it up so one engine does not run out of fuel before the other? Or should the plan be to have the inside engine run a few seconds longer (longer fuel lines from a common tank for example)?

I have flown a Saab 340 for several years and want to model one.... I just don't want the first flight to be the last.

Thanks,
John
flyjsh
flyjsh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

multi - Multi engine cl Empty Re: Multi engine cl

Post  nitroairplane Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:32 am

If you have enough right thrust and rudder you should be able to fly with either engine.

Remember that the majority of C/L flights end when the engine cuts out and you land it safely, this would be no different.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:05 am

I think that's right. The only way to stop both engines simutaniously is to feed them from the same tank.

This one seems to fly on one engine and land perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL9LpB8sxMs

Lieven
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:46 am

multi - Multi engine cl Saab_310

Saab 340 was one of my favorite rides from GRK to DAL years ago when I traveled for the Army Operational Test Command about 25~30 times a year. I hate the box car (super ATR??) they fly now that loads from the rear

Never seen a small balsa model kit or plans for this aircraft so I guess would be a scratch build.

Do you plan control line or make it RC? (edited in...just paid attention to the topic title...Duh!)

I assume you are asking here so Cox powered? If true, there does exist left hand crank shafts for the TD .049/.051

Using TD power you certainly could fit a common fuel tank

In fact using TD.049s you can get fairly well working carburetor from Bernie or Matt and with today's micro RC gear create a realistic flying RC version once you figure scale and weight and wing loading
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  flyjsh Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:31 pm

fredvon4 wrote:multi - Multi engine cl Saab_310

Saab 340 was one of my favorite rides from GRK to DAL years ago when I traveled for the Army Operational Test Command about 25~30 times a year. I hate the box car (super ATR??) they fly now that loads from the rear

Never seen a small balsa model kit or plans for this aircraft so I guess would be a scratch build.

Do you plan control line or make it RC? (edited in...just paid attention to the topic title...Duh!)

I assume you are asking here so Cox powered? If true, there does exist left hand crank shafts for the TD .049/.051

Using TD power you certainly could fit a common fuel tank

In fact using TD.049s you can get fairly well working carburetor from Bernie or Matt and with today's micro RC gear create a realistic flying RC version once you figure scale and weight and wing loading

That pic is the same as the sticker on my flight case! I used to fly IAH-GRK turns all the time. Unfortunately Crying or Very sad , my company got rid of the Saabs last year Sad Goodbye The 340 is a tough ol' mule. Nothing like state of the art 1983 technology. Ours were pretty long in the tooth: none had fewer than 40,000 cycles and one had over 50,000!

Yes, it will be CL. I've flown RC, but it just takes up sooo much room. I live in the heart of Houston and all the clubs are out in the 'burbs. Rice University is only a couple miles away and has a nice, unused field plenty big for CL.

The model would start out as a straight legged profile fuse just as a proof of concept (in other words, I'm too chicken to put much time or effort into an experimental twin). Let me bash it up a few times before I get fancy and add retracts Very Happy
flyjsh
flyjsh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:35 am

As you know GRK is a nice long runway (built for the B-52s that were originally at the Air Force Base it used to be) with a good prevailing wind from the south. I used to really enjoy the Pilots that would turn base, sneak it down to 10 foot right over the numbers on north end, and fly 6000 feet down the center to lightly touch down smooth as silk at far end near terminal with minimum taxi (light on the brakes and very little reverse thrust) fairly fast up to the jet bridge. Air and ground crew could turn the plane easily inside of 30 minuets.... I miss the old Sabb and the great pilots who flew them...Most of the guys flying the RJ and ATR don't seem to have the same finesse

Profile CL should not be too dificult

Source a Sullivan or similar 1/2a starter from e-bay for about $37
Get two TD .049s one left hand and a few 6x3 props both clockwise and counterclock wise twist
One 1.5oz common fuel tank..Rusty will recommend, and I agree, pressure bladder will work well for distances of fuel line where gravity and centrifical forces will frustrate you with a open fuel cell
Consider hollow log fuselage construction (better area to attach wings and place fuel cell in center
Initial model should be flat bottom, airfoil profile top slab wings around 25" to 31" tip to tip. I would use a 1/2"x 6" x 36" balsa plank to make the wings
Bellcrank will be below due to wing dihedral ...elevator with dihedral will be a challenge but not hard to engineer
Both engines set 0 degree offset. Provide trim tab on rudder for maiden with slight offset to outside

I have a extra Left hand TD crank if you decide to use contra rotating prop engine combo

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down