Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) Cox_ba12

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 7:23 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 6:59 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 5:44 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) Empty
Live on Patrol

Super PT-19 !! IT FLYS !!!!! (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!)

Go down

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) Empty Super PT-19 !! IT FLYS !!!!! (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!)

Post  Kim Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:27 am

Hide the Children!!! Load the Guns! Steel Yourself for the Unthinkable !!!!

Yes, it's every RTF's Nightmare! It Scoffs at the Shelf-Sitters...it Snarls a Wicked Grin at those who DARE to call themselves "Flyers"...it's the Leather-Jacketed Hoodlum that you pray your plastic babies will never emulate !!!

The ONLY good thing is: It probably WON'T show up at a flying circle near you any time soon !!!!!!!!!!!

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 1_20

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 2_21

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 2_218

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 3_18

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 4_14

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 5_14

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 6_15

and now....More Coffee !!!!!

Last edited by Kim on Mon May 13, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) Empty Re: Super PT-19 !! IT FLYS !!!!! (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!)

Post  dckrsn Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:32 am

Oh mommy!!! Affraid or WOW!
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) Empty Re: Super PT-19 !! IT FLYS !!!!! (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!)

Post  flyjsh Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:58 pm

How about a couple zombie pilots at the controls?
flyjsh
flyjsh
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Must have a pilot.

Looking good.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:07 pm

It shall be done !!! But who...or what...is worthy to occupy cockpits of such prestige...wonder, oh wonder...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Tinkerbell? There are toothbrushes with her on the end that should be similar in scale. I saved Tinkerbell from my daughter's old toothbrush for this purpose at some future time.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:55 pm

Oh my gosh! I just now realized it has a Tee Dee on it. I thought mine was a badass with a woodie front end and a Killer Bee. Now I gotta put a Tee Dee on it.
Maybe an .09. lol!

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) Pt-19_11

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:17 pm

YEAH!!!!!!!! Very cool Kim!

A thought: You might redrill a new push rod hole in elevator horn for more throw, as well as bellcrank. I did this several years ago on a old pt-19 in an attempt at inverted flight and/or outside loops, but of course i never got to it. I had planned to use a Black Widow, no pilots, 38' 8-10# Spiderwire.

Kim, I think you should be the first one to attempt this historic endeavor, adding the Tee Dee...it's a sign, go for it!

Also, years ago I remember reading a magazine article where a guy actually cut flaps in a pt-19 wing and used Goldberg 1/2a nylon horns. I always thought that would be cool!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:01 pm

Ah, the memories! I received two of these for Christmas in about 1976. flew 'em to pieces-literally! They pop apart, you know. What fun! I would like to still have them.
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:26 am

Mark Boesen wrote:YEAH!!!!!!!! Very cool Kim!

A thought: You might redrill a new push rod hole in elevator horn for more throw, as well as bellcrank. I did this several years ago on a old pt-19 in an attempt at inverted flight and/or outside loops, but of course i never got to it. I had planned to use a Black Widow, no pilots, 38' 8-10# Spiderwire.

Kim, I think you should be the first one to attempt this historic endeavor, adding the Tee Dee...it's a sign, go for it!

Also, years ago I remember reading a magazine article where a guy actually cut flaps in a pt-19 wing and used Goldberg 1/2a nylon horns. I always thought that would be cool!

Yep...certainly don't count anything out! Several years ago I tried (and may again) increasing the elevator throw to get the PT to crank around harder, but it bled so much speed on the pulls that it'd stall/hammerhead into the circle. 'Course, I wasn't going for inverted flight---just tighter loops, and if I'd employed a bit more finesse, things might have worked out differently...

Yeah Gus, I still love these things, and am totally shameless about flying them in front of my friends' most advanced circle-turners or R/C stuff !!

I've got one of Bernie's throttled engines slated for the other PT fuse...figure to make myself a little imitation J Roberts bellcrank out of ply, and try my hand at some more "Civilized" touch & goes than the full-throttle "Smack and Run" types!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:12 am

Snoopy has a good game face for such a plane. He flew one of my 3D foamies.

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) Design11
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:13 am

Yeah, I think the wing is the limiting factor on the PT. Not enough area nor proper airfoil. It should however, make an excellent speed plane!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon May 13, 2013 9:25 pm

Got the Super PT-19 out on some strings today! I had to wait 'till almost dark for the wind to back off, but got in a several flights as the light faded.

The Tee Dee .51 is the same ole reliable engine that's been dragging my Bird of Time sailplane around for eight years or so. It's REALLY broken in, and starts up pretty easily on the fresh Sig 25% I feed it.

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 4_13

The PT's performance might be described by my British Brethren as "Somewhat Spritely", and I've never had an RTF haul out on the lines with such tension. The plane IS decidedly nose heavy, so it will be getting a little butt ballast before the next flights, along with the somewhat lighter stock PT-19 landing gear.

Then...we'll start probing the envelope !!!!!

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 1_16

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 2_18

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 5_13
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Cool!

Boy that plane has seen some use. You are going to have to get video although the pictures were nice! You think it will do more than one originally configured? Or will it do the same thing, but just at lightning speed? Very Happy

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon May 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Haha, I'd forgotten about this thread. I took the engine out of mine for the Tach Race, and need to bend some new LG. One leg broke off. I gotta get it flying again. I think I'll go back to the Killer bee though. I was thinking of covering the wing with Monokote to flatten the concave bottom side. Or maybe shape some foam and stick it under there to make it symmetrical. It's really not a bad wing, area-wise. Then again I do have one spare Tee Dee.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue May 14, 2013 5:28 am

cribbs74 wrote:Cool!

Boy that plane has seen some use. You are going to have to get video although the pictures were nice! You think it will do more than one originally configured? Or will it do the same thing, but just at lightning speed? Very Happy

Ron

Yeah, this one was HAS had hard life, and it's torture continues! I want to try it on 40 ft of spiderwire, and figure, with a little more aft CG, it ought to do some reasonable loops and wingovers. With their broad wing, the PT's are some of the better flying RTF's of the single-surface fleet, and I've been able to coax loops out of them with a good .049 up front.

Whether or not the .051's extra power will allow inverted flight or outside loops remains to be seen, but it IS great to have a Cox PT-19 blast into the sky with such authority!

I'll have video of the next outing...I was quickly losing my light yesterday...as so didn't have time to set it up better.

AND I will be putting pilots on board !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Tue May 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Kim wrote:Got the Super PT-19 out on some strings today! I had to wait 'till almost dark for the wind to back off, but got in a several flights as the light faded.

The Tee Dee .51 is the same ole reliable engine that's been dragging my Bird of Time sailplane around for eight years or so. It's REALLY broken in, and starts up pretty easily on the fresh Sig 25% I feed it.

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 4_13

The PT's performance might be described by my British Brethren as "Somewhat Spritely", and I've never had an RTF haul out on the lines with such tension. The plane IS decidedly nose heavy, so it will be getting a little butt ballast before the next flights, along with the somewhat lighter stock PT-19 landing gear.

Then...we'll start probing the envelope !!!!!

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 1_16

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 2_18

Super PT-19 !!  IT FLYS !!!!!  (or, "How I Test the Tensile Strength of Spider Wire !!) 5_13

Man I've missed all this!
That plane is the Mutts Nutts Mr Stricker.
Well done that Man
Very Happy
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue May 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Thanks John! Gonna see what I can get from it! Just need my schedule and Mother Nature to cooperate.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue May 14, 2013 6:44 pm

lol! The mutt's nuts. Yeah, Kim you need to hang a pair of those under its tail.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue May 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Got a few pickup trucks with them around here with them, but don't know if I'll hang any on the PT !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue May 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Kim wrote:Got a few pickup trucks with them around here with them, but don't know if I'll hang any on the PT !
They outlawed truck balls in S.C. We're obviously now afraid of male trucks.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed May 15, 2013 7:32 am

Thought about taking up a collection and buying some for a guy I work with, but figure his Mrs. would just take them away from him and lock them up with his other set !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed May 15, 2013 7:35 am

Kim wrote:Thought about taking up a collection and buying some for a guy I work with, but figure his Mrs. would just take them away from him and lock them up with his other set !

lol!

That could be a whole other thread!

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down