Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Yo Ron, Please bump your Endurance Run Thread to the top again ! Cox_ba12

Yo Ron, Please bump your Endurance Run Thread to the top again ! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 1:10 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Cox International Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 7:43 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Yo Ron, Please bump your Endurance Run Thread to the top again ! Empty
Live on Patrol

Yo Ron, Please bump your Endurance Run Thread to the top again !

Go down

Yo Ron, Please bump your Endurance Run Thread to the top again ! Empty Yo Ron, Please bump your Endurance Run Thread to the top again !

Post  Kim Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:55 am

Hey Ron,

Sorry, but I couldn't find your thread about the Endurance Run starting June 1st. It takes forever and a day to search with my dial-up here at the house, and I thought it'd be a good idea to have it at the forefront again in case some new members wanted to check it out. April is already gone, so time is winding down !!!!

War Dog is parked in his lair, just waiting for a shot at the contest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

War Dog's Warden
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Yo Ron, Please bump your Endurance Run Thread to the top again ! Empty Re: Yo Ron, Please bump your Endurance Run Thread to the top again !

Post  duke.johnson Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:07 am

Good point Kim. The boys and I were talking about getting ready for this over the weekend. Tired w/ Coffee Read
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Yo Ron, Please bump your Endurance Run Thread to the top again ! Empty Re: Yo Ron, Please bump your Endurance Run Thread to the top again !

Post  Kim Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:16 am

duke.johnson wrote:Good point Kim. The boys and I were talking about getting ready for this over the weekend. Tired w/ Coffee Read
\

Yeah, this ought to be a HOOT ! I need to post a hard-copy of the rules in the shop to keep me alert and in-mind for this thing !!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:02 pm

Bump. Any info on this? Is it a flight contest? I was wondering if there's been any 1/2A control-line contests for endurance. Maybe like a "Lindbergh" event with the only requirement being; building/flying a stand-off scale version of a Ryan-NYP.. until you either fall down.. or run out of fuel! How much fuel would the model hold and still be able to fly? This could include diesels too.. I think it would be a cool tribute.. and possibly turn into another great CEF contest. Any thoughts?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ARUP Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:27 am

I'm interested!
ARUP
ARUP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:30 am

Man, I TOTALLY forgot about this thread!  Wonder if I can get a plan sheet for a Musciano 'Hollow Log' Spirit of St. Louis?

Last edited by Kim on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ARUP Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:49 am

I have the old Flyline Models 'Spirit of Saint Louis' plans.
ARUP
ARUP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:48 am

ARUP wrote:I have the old Flyline Models 'Spirit of Saint Louis' plans.
Sounds Good to me...I thought for sure that Scientific had one...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:17 pm

Outerzone has some plans:

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/advanced/search_advanced/results.asp?Tag1=*&Tag2=*&Tag3=*&Year1=0&Year2=2016&Span1=0&Span2=1000&Keyword1=Spirit&KeywordField1=PlanTitle&Keyword2=Louis&KeywordField2=PlanTitle&Submit=Search

Nothing for C/L but the shape of the plane is simple, constant cord wing and a somewhat boxy fuselage.

I like the idea of this contest Thumbs Up Never thought of anything like this... Common subject for a model plane, no profile fuselages, that's it, no other restrictions. But should there also bee some rules about the engine? All participants to use a SureStart cylinder for example? One could install this cylinder to a reed or non-reed engine, tanked or horseshoe, whichever one prefers. And a choice of heads would also be standard, hi comp, texaco, glo-bee and what have you and then of course diesels.

Just a suggestion Smile
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:52 pm

Heck, I couldn't even remember posting the note! Sounds good to me if someone wants to work up some rules.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  cox24711 Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:31 pm

KariFS wrote:Outerzone has some plans:

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/advanced/search_advanced/results.asp?Tag1=*&Tag2=*&Tag3=*&Year1=0&Year2=2016&Span1=0&Span2=1000&Keyword1=Spirit&KeywordField1=PlanTitle&Keyword2=Louis&KeywordField2=PlanTitle&Submit=Search

Nothing for C/L but the shape of the plane is simple, constant cord wing and a somewhat boxy fuselage.

I like the idea of this contest Thumbs Up Never thought of anything like this... Common subject for a model plane, no profile fuselages, that's it, no other restrictions. But should there also bee some rules about the engine? All participants to use a SureStart cylinder for example? One could install this cylinder to a reed or non-reed engine, tanked or horseshoe, whichever one prefers. And a choice of heads would also be standard, hi comp, texaco, glo-bee and what have you and then of course diesels.

Just a suggestion Smile

can i use cox plastic models?
cox24711
cox24711
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cox24711 Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:32 pm

Kim wrote:
ARUP wrote:I have the old Flyline Models 'Spirit of Saint Louis' plans.
Sounds Good to me...I thought for sure that Scientific had one...
BIG RED BUS!
cox24711
cox24711
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:18 pm

cox24711 wrote:

can i use cox plastic models?

Well.. they're heavy.. and probably not the best choice for endurance. I would think you'd want as light an airframe as possible.. along with a high-lift/high-wing design. Building a "cabin" style stick and tissue model would allow you to install a large fuel tank.

I don't think there's any need to regulate the engine; outside of it being a Cox.. of .049/.051 displacement. The model could be any size you want.. as long as it can get off the ground (R.O.G.) within one lap. You can always drain some fuel to get it off the ground.. and it only gets lighter from there! A design for rubber-power is probably a good place to start. Fragile.. YES!

Here's a Guillows kit..

Yo Ron, Please bump your Endurance Run Thread to the top again ! Guillo10

and here's a Ryan M1 that you could re-scale and massage into an NYP..

Yo Ron, Please bump your Endurance Run Thread to the top again ! Ryan-m10
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:41 pm

hOW long do we get to build this 2-3 years lol! Roddie work up the rules and i'll check and see if I have /can do this thing I am thinking Laughing One really long flight ? One tank of fuel? 35' lines of choice ? // I think after 45- 50 laps I may pass out Rolling Eyes getback Happy New Year
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:03 pm

getback wrote:hOW long do we get to build this 2-3 years lol! Roddie work up the rules and i'll check and see if I have /can do this thing I am thinking Laughing One really long flight ? One tank of fuel? 35' lines of choice ? // I think after 45- 50 laps I may pass out Rolling Eyes getback Happy New Year

This is Ron's deal.. Laughing Laughing Shocked I was just making suggestions.. (like I always do.. Rolling Eyes ) It would be a cool thing though. There could be a prize for heaviest flyable payload.. aside from flight-duration. Maybe a relief-pilot could be allowed?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:28 pm

Guys,

If there is genuine interest then I have no problem heading this up again. Last go around we had many folks sign up and very few followed through.

I am open to suggestions to make the contest more attractive.

Ron

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:11 am

Do you think it would be best to get the Reed Speed thing out of the way before we seriously start talking about another exercise? We seem to get excited about one thing and then get distracted by another idea. Mind you, it's great that we have lots of active minds here. Then there's the Prop Rod thing which has gone quiet. Tach Race has fizzled out this year. I don't want to throw cold water on the idea, but if we concentrated our efforts on one thing at a time we might maintain a little more enthusiasm for each idea, follow it through and move on to the next one once done. Just thinkin' Huh...

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down