Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! Cox_ba12

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! Empty
Live on Patrol

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! Empty cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL!

Post  reptile Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 am

Smile I am going to build this car with modern day servos and 2.4 and steering I am going to try and put a throttle carb on the motor also hopefully when it's done it will be one of the best rc cox cars ever to run on this earth!

I ordered a carb unit and back plate from E-bay that I will put on and mod the chassis to fit it hopefully.

I also ordered another .049 buggy motor the sand blaster type with the exhaust muffler so most of the oil will exit the bottom of the car I am probably going to put the muffler on my motor since it's new.

As of now I installed a micro servo with a ball link steering set up and now it works 100 times better than the stock one did.

Will post some photos when I can.
reptile
reptile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! Empty Re: cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL!

Post  pkrankow Mon May 27, 2013 11:08 am

Sounds like fun!

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! Empty Re: cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL!

Post  Cribbs74 Mon May 27, 2013 3:14 pm

I have wondered how one of those would do with modern gear. The biggest drawback will be lack of suspension and those hard tires.

Looking forward to some pictures and perhaps a video.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Mon May 27, 2013 3:41 pm

I have acquired so many Cox engines that I too...desire to morph a few old skool cars to newer more modern electrics coupled with the older small engines.... May be a while before I get around to this sort of re-creating but I never get tired of reading about what others are attempting...keep the ideas and dreams coming
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue May 28, 2013 3:59 am

That sounds interesting!

I guess this could go pretty fast with the light chassis.

The 2.4 ghz System is a good choice, I also use a 2.4 ghz radio in my cox powered rc cars. It is not funny if you have to run after your car at full throttle Very Happy Be sure to install the fail safe function also.

Please post some pics and finally a video.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  reptile Tue May 28, 2013 8:20 am

Cool Thanks guy's I will post some photos as soon as I can I have 1 more day until I can post photos because I am a new member!

I have to wait for all my parts to get here so I can start more work on it... I have the steering done and now I am going to set up the stuff inside the box and actually used the stock 4AA holder that they have built in the box to power the radio.

and about a failsafe the radio's RX has one built in. Very Happy
reptile
reptile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  reptile Tue May 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Very Happy Got a little build video...can't post until tomorrow!
reptile
reptile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed May 29, 2013 5:39 am

reptile wrote: Very Happy Got a little build video...can't post until tomorrow!

Looking forward to see the video. Very Happy

I know the interceptorhad only one channel > combined throttle and steering. Do you will install something like a brake?
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  reptile Wed May 29, 2013 8:18 am

coxaddicted wrote:
reptile wrote: Very Happy Got a little build video...can't post until tomorrow!

Looking forward to see the video. Very Happy

I know the interceptorhad only one channel > combined throttle and steering. Do you will install something like a brake?

Hi you don't need a brake you can't fully stop with this car with the worm gear it has it don't roll ... you will need to have the motor running fast enough to make the car roll with the gear connected on the axle to the motor so it wont stall.
reptile
reptile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  reptile Wed May 29, 2013 4:15 pm

Small Cox Logo Here is a video showing my progress.
I am now waiting for some more parts to get here that I ordered from E-bay to complete the project.

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! Th_coxpart1_zpse1f2035e
reptile
reptile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed May 29, 2013 4:36 pm

Good work!
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed May 29, 2013 6:31 pm

I want to see it, but can't!!!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  reptile Wed May 29, 2013 6:34 pm

reptile
reptile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed May 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Nope, just a video of a girl eating a record. Do I need a photobucket acct?
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  reptile Wed May 29, 2013 7:13 pm

cribbs74 wrote:Nope, just a video of a girl eating a record. Do I need a photobucket acct?
Crazy don't know why you can't see it?

Maybe this?

reptile
reptile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed May 29, 2013 8:15 pm

No, not sure what the deal is. I am using an Iphone 5 to view it. Never had a problem before, but who knows.

Bummer.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Thu May 30, 2013 5:58 am

cribbs74 wrote:I want to see it, but can't!!!

I also can't view the vid, could be an Apple thing. The phone does not have Flashplayer, I just removed it from my Mac because of security problems.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu May 30, 2013 7:39 am

Works for me. Cool car.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  reptile Thu May 30, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks guy's ... don't know why some of you cant see it?

anyhow I am waiting on these parts to get to work on it again and hopefully mod it to work and get it completed.

throttle unit
cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! $(KGrHqN,!q8FBIgMGQgJBQhKmoPJR!~~60_3

Wanted the muffler from this
cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! $(KGrHqZ,!qYFGTudMnrFBRoUvyg,1w~~60_12

and some new silicone fuel line!

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! $T2eC16RHJGQE9noM,Cv9BRJl9lU,P!~~60_12
reptile
reptile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Thu May 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Man...I hate waiting on parts... no fun building, no fun running...

Looking good so far.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  reptile Thu May 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Very Happy Well the BIG BLOCK came in today... so I reworked it to fit in the chassis with all it's polished goodies and exhaust and I opted for the snap starter also!!
Here she is!

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! IMG_0252_zps35d3c52c
reptile
reptile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu May 30, 2013 8:14 pm

We've really got a growing community of car builders here at CEF, and I'm glad to see it. I never knew they were so complex until Coxaddicted and a few others started educating us.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Thu May 30, 2013 8:44 pm

cribbs74 wrote:Nope, just a video of a girl eating a record. Do I need a photobucket acct?
I want to see the girl eat the record!
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu May 30, 2013 9:48 pm

I caught a glimpse of a girl taking a bite out of an LP the other night on a TV commercial. I have no idea what it was about.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  reptile Fri May 31, 2013 2:27 pm

Very Happy Well I just finished up the body that will be on this sucker!!

What yall think?

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! Cars_zpsfb2c9de2

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! Cars3_zpsf58e477e

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! Car2_zps4c01c3c5

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! Cars1_zps57d24582

cox interceptor car... Build to modern day RC best cox car ever made LOL! Car4_zpsc6d0b4e4
reptile
reptile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next