Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox flight contest time log (Winners announced and prize pics) - Page 4 Cox_ba12

Cox flight contest time log (Winners announced and prize pics) - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Oldenginerod Today at 1:59 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox flight contest time log (Winners announced and prize pics) - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox flight contest time log (Winners announced and prize pics)

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Cox flight contest time log (Winners announced and prize pics) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox flight contest time log (Winners announced and prize pics)

Post  Kim Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:52 am

Yeah...all I've got for the Pathetic Club at this point is that I was at last shamed into going out to my frozen shop, sanding on the carcass of War Dog's Scientific "Stunt Trainer" and glueing on it's fin and rudder...

Cox flight contest time log (Winners announced and prize pics) - Page 4 9_20
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Cox flight contest time log (Winners announced and prize pics) - Page 4 Empty Re: Cox flight contest time log (Winners announced and prize pics)

Post  duke.johnson Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:44 am

Real nice work Kim! I like the plane, too. It's just called the Stunt Trainer? We just won three Fire Baby replica kits, in a raffle at the Portland Polar Bear fun fly Wednesday. I thought of building it for me Castor oil contest engine. I really like the simple lines on your plane though.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:22 pm

duke.johnson wrote:Real nice work Kim! I like the plane, too.  It's just called the Stunt Trainer?  We just won three Fire Baby replica kits, in a raffle at the Portland Polar Bear fun fly Wednesday.  I thought of building it for me Castor oil contest engine.  I really like the simple lines on your plane though.

Thank You...Yeah, it's a Black Hawk replica of an old Scientific Kit.  My Uncle Wayne had built one back in the day, but I don't remember us actually flying it.

Cox flight contest time log (Winners announced and prize pics) - Page 4 Scient12

I'm also making my own chubby little hardwood wheels like the ones that came with the original Scientific Kits, rather than using the plastic Guillows-style ones that are included in the Black Hawk Kits...

Cox flight contest time log (Winners announced and prize pics) - Page 4 Sam_0716

Last edited by Kim on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:29 pm

I have a friend who sells Black Hawk. At a great price too. cheers 
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RK Flyer Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:41 pm

duke.johnson wrote:I have a friend who sells Black Hawk. At a great price too. cheers 

Duke, The Fly In was GREAT, What about some Picts?

I am looking for the Akromaster Kit, Sig has it on sale for $25 but its on Back order!

RK Flyer

RK Flyer
RK Flyer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:37 pm

I'll try to start a thread tonight for the fun fly. $25 for an Akromaster is a great price, Brodak is up to $38.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:07 pm

Any updates? I have 15:26 for January.

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:25 pm

22:52 for January
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:26 am

Twelve minutes of flying on Thursday the 6th for a contest total of 79 minutes.

The old Tee Dee .051 is wearing out. Not surprising considering how I run it full scream all the time. With Bernie's drop-in Merlin plugs and clamp ring, I'm down to two washers and compression is fading. Starting to bog in the loops. I suppose I'll be trying one of those new .049 P/Cs to rejuvenate it. I hate to have killed an .051, but it's been fun as hell.

Rusty the engine mauler

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Cox flight contest time log (Winners announced and prize pics) - Page 4 Empty RE: Cox flight contest flight log

Post  66 Malibu Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Rusty,
Before you give up on your .051 P/L, you'll want to do a good reset of the piston and rod.
I've got one that acted the same way as yours until I reset it.
I don't have any measuring devices that measure as small as a tenth of a thousandth of an inch or smaller, but I believe that the pressure of the reset tapping actually expands the piston material enough to close up any and all small wear variances in the cylinder wall and piston.
My TD .051 and Killer Bee .051 both came back to life when I did a thorough cleaning and reset.
If I had known it at the time when we visited a few months ago, I would have brought a reset tool to give it a quick tune up.
I believe that it would take many gallons of fuel and hours of flying to take a TD to the point of retirement for good.
Cox actually, without a doubt, put that out little engineering marvels that I still don't fully understand but keeps me interested to a large degree.
Steve..........

RknRusty wrote:Twelve minutes of flying on Thursday the 6th for a contest total of 79 minutes.

The old Tee Dee .051 is wearing out. Not surprising considering how I run it full scream all the time. With Bernie's drop-in Merlin plugs and clamp ring, I'm down to two washers and compression is fading. Starting to bog in the loops. I suppose I'll be trying one of those new .049 P/Cs to rejuvenate it. I hate to have killed an .051, but it's been fun as hell.

Rusty the engine mauler
66 Malibu
66 Malibu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:50 pm

My time is zero again!

For the last two months - we have had nothing but very wet and very windy weather. Storm force gales and flooding. Some parts of the UK have been under water for some time now and there has been a lot of coastal damage.

Flying has been out of the question.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26070143

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-26102776

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26111598

ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:44 pm

ian1954 wrote:My time is zero again!

For the last two months - we have had nothing but very wet and very windy weather. Storm force gales and flooding. Some parts of the UK have been under water for some time now and there has been a lot of coastal damage.
Flying has been out of the question.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26070143
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-26102776
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26111598
The Porthleven video was unreal.
Did the levees survive?
How are you fairing Ian?
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:01 pm

Where I live is OK but you have to be careful. Branches falling off trees, trees blowing over and taking the dog for a walk is a nightmare. Everywhere is water logged and muddy.

This is nothing compared to some places.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26084245

Look at the train crossing flooded fields and the ariel views. This is widespread.

For ages now - (I'm on the flight path to Heathrow) - planes have been flying at 45 deg as they put flaps and wheels down. It is an incredible sight.

This is how they are coming in to land.

Awesome sight!
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:05 pm

Mercy. Y'all do get some awesome winds bringing weather in off the North Atlantic, I recall news reports from years past that were unbelievable. I haven't looked at your links yet but I will. I know it's frustrating. You'd probably spit on the ground and laugh at me if you saw the level of weather that causes me to wimp out.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:16 pm

66 Malibu wrote:Rusty,
Before you give up on your .051 P/L, you'll want to do a good reset of the piston and rod.
I've got one that acted the same way as yours until I reset it...........
Steve.........
Hi Steve
When I first became aware of low compression, about an hour and half of run time ago, I did a teardown and it needed slight resetting which I did. I have another .051 piston from a slit cylinder I can try. I'll look it over again closely before I start throwing parts at it. Thanks.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:24 pm

Ok guys post em if you got em!

I am at a whopping 0:00 for Feb. to dang cold where I was.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:39 pm

ian1954 wrote:Where I live is OK but you have to be careful. Branches falling off trees, trees blowing over and taking the dog for a walk is a nightmare. Everywhere is water logged and muddy.

This is nothing compared to some places.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26084245

Look at the train crossing flooded fields and the ariel views. This is widespread.

For ages now - (I'm on the flight path to Heathrow) - planes have been flying at 45 deg as they put flaps and wheels down. It is an incredible sight.

This is how they are coming in to land.

Awesome sight!

I didn't see this one yet.

Pretty impressive.

My job requires me to be on the approach end of the runway quite a bit. By the time they come across the localizer they may be only 50-60 feet off the ground. Sometimes even less as we have had to replace localizer antennas that were removed from service during low approach  lol!  I have had to scramble a few times! I often watch them do what I call "the crab" It never fails to impress me. I see heavies do it a lot, but even more pronounced is the little fighters.

Great video Ian.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:29 am

Six minutes twenty six seconds for February.
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:30 am

I'm with Ron again, BIG ZERO.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:05 am

Thanks for bumping this Jim. Much appreciated.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon May 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Now that the reed speed is finished I thought we should re-engage and see where folks are at! If you are still competing then how about a little update?

I haven't flown 1/2A for some time, but that will change soon.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Mon May 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Put about two minutes on mine on my Miss Ashley racer. My Skyray is about flown to death so I'm putting this together:
Cox flight contest time log (Winners announced and prize pics) - Page 4 71Oev6X
How long does this contest go?

Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon May 19, 2014 11:17 pm

1 June so not much longer to get your final times in. I sure hope you guys have been keeping track of your times as no one was consistent with PM's or updates here.

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Wed May 28, 2014 10:50 pm

I will have times to report for the flight time contest wrap-up. I'm trying to fly every day, until the deadline.

I maintained a long break from the contest during the winter, for building, and becoming familiar with the Beginner Stunt sequence. I flew three different airframes in the flight time contest. All of them performed well. The .051 is chugging along just fine. I need to hunt-up a high compression head. I think the Tee Dee is easier to needle with one of those on top!

When is the last day for official flights? When do we send in the final times?
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed May 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Midnight Central time 1 June.

Why didn't you say anything about the TD head? I had a couple in my box last time I was there...
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next