Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford Cox_ba12

Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 9:29 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford Empty
Live on Patrol

Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford

Go down

Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford Empty Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford

Post  fredvon4 Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Extension of Ron Cribbs thread about trashing stuff we want back now

I never had the Banana seat Orange Krate 5 speed cool Schwin bike and now too big to ride one
That was a parent could not afford (oldest of six)

I never had a Mini Bike as forbidden even to get with my paper route money
I found a full kit at Northern Tool that is much cheaper than the mini bike web site. Pull start Briggs and Stratton 3 1/2HP motors are sitting in lawn mower repair places for under a hundred
This bucket list item will get made, ridden a while in the yard, and held for my grandson to use when he is a bit older
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford Empty Re: Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford

Post  pkrankow Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:54 pm

I was offered an early 70's corvette in high school, the person was selling because it was needing a frame job (but was still drivable), the car was priced at $500. Parts at the time were pretty reasonable (less than $2k), but the 400+ hours of labor to strip the car to small pieces, rebuild the glass work, fit the frame, fit the frame, fit the frame, finally glass the bolts in place and fit the frame...THEN rehang all the parts on the car...

Yea, not the kind of job a 16 year old needs.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford Empty Re: Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford

Post  Mark Boesen Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:27 pm

it took me 45 years to finally get a mini bike ...and technically its my kid's, but i like to think of it as mine!

Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford 2012-010
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:37 pm

fredvon4 wrote:I never had the Banana seat Orange Krate 5 speed cool Schwin bike and now too big to ride one

Not old or a 5 speed but, each of my boys has one Smile My nephew is on the black one, which is actually Logan's and Logan is on Brandon's LOL
Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford 414271_10150765770085947_1340552748_o
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:33 am

There is a web site for a mini bike company that is much too much money for their old skool Taco mini bike

http://gokartsusa.com/minibikes-1.aspx

Norther tool has the complete kit less motor for $399... older B&S 2.5, 3.5, or 5 HP are fairly easy to find here locally ( I have been inquiring at  all the lawn mower repair shops)

Of course Harbor Freight and similar have 3 to 9 HP engines new in box but cost and shipping start to get stupid for a grown boy plus they are mostly over head cam and I do just want an old skool putt putt for the 2.5 acre yard

Schwinn Bike from late 60s to early 70s:

*NEW...1970 STIK-SHIFT LEVERS WITH NUMBERED KNOB
*NEW...1970 STING-RAY HANDLEBAR
*NEW...DEEPER,ROOMIER BUCKET SEAT
*NEW...BUFFED,LETTERED 20" X 2.125 SLIK REAR TIRE
*SPRING SUSPENSION FRONT FORK
*16"X1 3/4" FRONT TIRE *CHROME PLATED FENDERS *"MAG" SPROCKET *REAR CALIPER BRAKE,HANDLEBAR CONTROL ON 5-SPEED *FRONT ALUMINUM DRUM EXPANDER BRAKE ON 5-SPEED
5-SPEED.STIK SHIFT COASTER
C30 ORANGE KRATE...........$94.95 $76.95
C30 LEMON PEELER...........$94.95 $76.95
C30 APPLE KRATE............$94.95 $76.95
C30 PEA PICKER.............$94.95 $76.95
C30 COTTON PICKER..........$94.95 $76.95
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford Empty I Always Dreamed of Owning a 1967 Corvette Stingray!!

Post  Propaplace Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:58 am

Man!  Life is really strange and frustrating!  I graduated high school in 1967 and I wanted a 1967 Corvette Stingray, ragtop roadster!  Even though Vietnam was hot and you never knew when you would see that letter from Uncle Sam, I wanted one.  Yeah, I was very blessed and fortunate to land an excellent apprenticeship job with Westinghouse Corp. which gave me a deferment (I didn't know about that benefit until about a year or so after I got the job though).  Over time I worked two jobs and did what I could to save the $4,500 for MINE!!  Then, "Life" happened!!  The closest I ever came to one other than eyballing them on the new car lots back then was get to ride in a '65 with a fellow I used to work with, never got to drive one though!!  Crying or Very sad

Well, here I am 64 year old, coming to the end of life, retired from the military; owned operated and recently closed my retail hobby shop; raised three wonderful kids; got 3 beautiful little grand daughters; married over 35 years to the same wonderful lady; built, flown and crashed more models airplanes, cars and boats than probably anyone I know; in pretty good health all told;  Lord knows I am very thankful and I really should be satisfied.

Well, fella's,  why  is this dream still sticking in my head after all these years .... cauz' there sho'nuff' ain't no way I'm gonna' fill this bucket list dream given current prices:   http://www.usedcorvettesforsale.com/1967-corvettes-for-sale.html ! Sad Goodbye
Propaplace
Propaplace
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:41 am

Man ! Those ARE some dollars! But the car WOULD hold it's value if you could get it wouldn't it?? 64 years is still a kid if you got your health...hope something changes that you could do this. Maybe a less-than-perfect one?

Hope you keep slugging !!!

59 year-old-Kim !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Never had a 'vette... loved looking at them but a true Ford guy (first car thing) so I coveted BB Mustangs and fast back Fairlane 500s

All to go fast cars I owned were used and eventually got sold... ever time I go to a restored old car web site or catch a episode of Barret's Auto auction or similar I silently kick my own ass

Last year the exact same '67 Mustang, a Shelby GT 350 as I had went across the auction block and into new owners hands for the low low price of $78,000.00...WOW

Yea I know relative to other rare or exotic prices $78K is not much $$$$$

Propaplace.... keep your eyes open ....now and then I see some interesting old stock in local ads

I am afraid that if I could afford a few things on my bucket list I still would not buy... I don't want something to look at and keep preserved. I would have to wring it out at the track or strip and that would be just plane dumb considering the value and cost
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Propaplace Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Hey y'all!  To Kim, I 'spose I could always get a plastic model and run around the house yelling" Vroooooom, vrooooom, vrrrroooooommmmm ..... screeeeeeeeeeeechhhhhhh!!  My wife already thinks there's something wrong with me ..... I'm afraid that would seal my fate as she has me committed!!  L.O.L.!!

To Fred .... please don't get uset with me .... cauz' to each his own I 'spose, I'm just so sad you settled for 2nd best!!  Crying or Very sad  I think everybody should have had the privilege of owning a Mustang.  I heard they made excellent training aids for the Chevy mechanics and engineers on what not to design!!  Affraid or WOW!  (sorry, I know I shouldn't have gone there; I just couldn't help myself!! Laughing
Propaplace
Propaplace
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:19 pm

Yep,

To each his own. I am a Mopar guy. I have nothing against Chevrolet or Ford I have owned a few Mustangs too, but when it comes to thinking outside the box Chrysler has always stood head and shoulders above the rest. Crazy colors, wide combinations and excellent styling. Except the K cars lol.

Chargers,Challengers, Cuda's etc. those cars will always do it for me. I passed on a '66 Barracuda sporting a 340/4spd combo for $3500 about 18yrs back due to being non committal. Wish I hadn't now.

I see a new Challenger R/T in the near future. Even have the wife on board!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:47 pm

The K-series cars were something worthwhile.  They really were sweet rides for the time and price, even though they had the utilitarian styling of a refrigerator box.  The same under-chassis was used on a true plethora of models including my much missed Lebaron.  

Uni-body, coil springs, very compact hardware, and quite durable.

AND a Dodge Omni took it from a Ford Mustang in the 80's. (didn't take much given all the cars of the 80's were anemic)

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:19 pm

I am wise enough to take all the "Found On Road Dead" or "FUBAR Old Rebuilt Dodge" and any other FORD (First On Race Day) ribbing ( I used to bracket drag race a Ford Taunus V4 in Hanau Germany and took a LOT of crap about it)

There is a MoPar place in my heart, had a sleeper Satellite that was surprisingly fast on the track in stock form
I had the odd Chevelle SS 396 and 350 powered Nova as well as a very stout AMC Javelin (wanted the AMX)

I ran hobby stock a 283CI Malibu and 350 Chevelle at Oly Tenino 3/8th asphalt oval and Puyallup raceways back in the 70s

My Bucket list dream is a 1959 Caddy DeVille rag top...and I don't care if it is a Pink Mary K version

Some how I raised a Chevy boy and we are always ragging each other

(Notice I did not mention any Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda rocket ships) ((over the years owned one of each but all family transporters)) (((well except my 1987 Nissan 300 ZX 2+2 with twin turbo twin inter-cooled)))

Currently in the car port: Triton V10 King Ranch 4 door long bed F350 4X4 with 4:30:1 lockers// Two 71 HP Smart cars// One 1993 FXR with 122 rear wheel HP out of a 80 CI Evo engine (some one will challenge me on this one)
Think chemical supper charged!
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Sooo it takes two Smart cars to balance out the truck Beer Cheers
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Propaplace Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:05 pm

You guys all got it goooooooooood! I've got a bicycle in my driveway!! Gotta' admit ..... it's really economical on gas (gott'a eat lots of beans to fill up for the extra propulsion) but it's tough getting my planes to the flying field!! R.O.T.F.L.!!
Propaplace
Propaplace
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:15 pm

Propaplace wrote:You guys all got it goooooooooood!  I've got a bicycle in my driveway!!  Gotta' admit ..... it's really economical on gas (gott'a eat lots of beans to fill up for the extra propulsion) but it's tough getting my planes to the flying field!!  R.O.T.F.L.!!

You MIGHT consider one of my "Someday Projects" for your bicycle:  I've be watching for a second-hand "Kid Trailer" to modify for cargo duties.  Figure to chop up some aluminum lawn chairs into airplane racks, and hook up the whole mess to my aged Schwinn Moab !!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:08 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Extension of Ron Cribbs thread about trashing stuff we want back now

I never had the Banana seat Orange Krate 5 speed cool Schwin bike and now too big to ride one

I never had a Mini Bike as forbidden even to get with my paper route money
I found a full kit at Northern Tool that is much cheaper than the mini bike web site. Pull start Briggs and Stratton 3 1/2HP motors are sitting in lawn mower repair places for under a hundred
This bucket list item will get made, ridden a while in the yard, and held for my grandson to use when he is a bit older
Great thread idea!
I want a daisy BB gun and a team Raleigh track bike Smile
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Indra, you'll shoot your eye out...
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:21 am

As we got old enough Dad got each of us boys the lever action Daisy BB guns... my friend had a foot pump up Benjamin I coveted....  The foot pump made it a ugly rifle but that sucker was very accurate and had way more range than our piddly -400 FPS lever action BB guns. There are some very potent BB guns on the market theses days

First commuter bike for high school was a Raleigh 10 speed, heavy by today's standard but a very good machine

Had to Google Team Raleigh Track bike .... looks a lot like my 1969 10 Speed but I assume several pounds lighter

Kim we have a guy who peddles out to our RC field on a mountain bike with the two kiddo trailer reconfigured to haul his RC stuff and two 67" wingspan planes with .90 Super Tigers.... our field is nine miles from his house

I have a Harbor Freight 4x8 trailer behind my Smart car (42 MPG) for taking my RC stuff to the field 49 miles away. The V10 was bought to haul a large travel trailer hence the 4:30 gears and gets terrible fuel economy ( 11.7MPG). I do not use it to just haul me and stuff 100 miles for a few hours of flying
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:50 am

fredvon4 wrote:
Kim we have a guy who peddles out to our RC field on a mountain bike with the two kiddo trailer reconfigured to haul his RC stuff and two 67" wingspan planes with .90 Super Tigers.... our field is nine miles from his house

I bet that guy's in pretty good shape !!! I got "The Law" laid down to me by my doctor, and am gonna have to start getting more aggressive exercise, lest I croak, so figure the Schwinn Moab is gonna get dusted off...again....

Start watching yard sales and such for one of those trailers...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:02 am

fredvon4 wrote:As we got old enough Dad got each of us boys the lever action Daisy BB guns... my friend had a foot pump up Benjamin I coveted....  The foot pump made it a ugly rifle but that sucker was very accurate and had way more range than our piddly -400 FPS lever action BB guns. There are some very potent BB guns on the market theses days

First commuter bike for high school was a Raleigh 10 speed, heavy by today's standard but a very good machine

Had to Google Team Raleigh Track bike .... looks a lot like my 1969 10 Speed but I assume several pounds lighter

I have a Harbor Freight 4x8 trailer behind my Smart car (42 MPG) for taking my RC stuff to the field 49 miles away. The V10 was bought to haul a large travel trailer hence the 4:30 gears and gets terrible fuel economy ( 11.7MPG). I do not use it to just haul me and stuff 100 miles for a few hours of flying
I currently have several track bikes that I use both on track and on the road, it's my favourite way to get around really, no gears, no freewheel and no hand operated brakes absolutely beautiful to ride.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:05 am

Jeez, we sure love our toys!
I still have the daisy bb gun i got for my 8th birthday and still plink stuff in back yard
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:29 am

Mark Boesen wrote:Jeez, we sure love our toys!
I still have the daisy bb gun i got for my 8th birthday and still plink stuff in back yard

Yeah, figure forums like this just draw that type of mindset!  I still have my Crossman V-350 Slide Barrel BB Gun from Christmas 1968.  It'll still spin a BB inside an aluminum can at 15 yards or so.  My Daisy Winchesters were made out of much weaker metal, and always cracked and crumbled around the area where the hammer fell.  The Crossman is made out of real steel, with a wooden stock that's been sanded and re-varnished.

Boys and Their Toys !!!

Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford C110

Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford C210

Things I want now cuz forbidden or could not afford C310
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Cool! i have a Crossman 780 from late seventies, but it's currently inop!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down