Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2017
Mark Boesen's

Nice original Babe Bee from a Super Cub 105, late fifties.

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Tach Race 2017 Updates
Ready for Tach Race 2017?
Profile Scale Reed Speed
Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Info for Glo Bee tachometer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Info for Glo Bee tachometer

Post  jorigger on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:17 am

Hello Guys,
i need of buy one tachometer.
This Glo Bee is the best in the market ?

Thanks
Giuseppe - Italy
jorigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Info for Glo Bee tachometer

Post  Kim on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:06 am

Not sure if all would agree that it is the best, but I've used one for 5 years now, and it is still running fine. I like it because it's easy to hold on to with oily hands. The small REAL inexpensive one from China works fine also.

Like so many things in this hobby, it depends on your personal preferences...

And...by the way...Welcome to the Forum !!!

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jorigger on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:17 am

Kim wrote:Not sure if all would agree that it is the best, but I've used one for 5 years now, and it is still running fine.  I like it because it's easy to hold on to with oily hands.  The small REAL inexpensive one from China works fine also.

Like so many things in this hobby, it depends on your personal preferences...

And...by the way...Welcome to the Forum !!!

Kim

Hi Kim, thank you very much for this you reply with you informations and and also for the Welcome.

Regards
Giuseppe - Italy

Last edited by Admin on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed quote tags)
jorigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: info on Glo Bee Tachometer

Post  JayeLK on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:56 am

I bought a Magnum Digital Mini-Tach.  It seems to be best at telling me the RPM of the florescent light in the garage.

It was the only one the Local shop had. It works OK, but, having never used another type, I can't really say it is any worse or better than any other, either.

If you take a few precautions, it does the job.  It only gives RPMx100, and needs to be used outdoors or with a constant good light source behind the prop.  It also seems to work best the closer you place it to the prop hub.  Other than that, it is good.

Jaye
JayeLK
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jorigger on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:38 am

JayeLK wrote:I bought a Magnum Digital Mini-Tach.  It seems to be best at telling me the RPM of the florescent light in the garage.

It was the only one the Local shop had. It works OK, but, having never used another type, I can't really say it is any worse or better than any other, either.

If you take a few precautions, it does the job.  It only gives RPMx100, and needs to be used outdoors or with a constant good light source behind the prop.  It also seems to work best the closer you place it to the prop hub.  Other than that, it is good.

Jaye

Hi Jaye, thank you for this information. I don't know this Magnum, but i want find in internet.

Thanks and Regards
Giuseppe - Italy
jorigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dinsdale on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:39 am

JayeLK wrote:I bought a Magnum Digital Mini-Tach.  It seems to be best at telling me the RPM of the florescent light in the garage.

Jaye
Rpm x 100 is fine. That's probably about as good as an el cheapo will measure anyway. They all need a non-fluorescent light source.
dinsdale
Account Deactivated by Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:03 am

Yeah, for all practical purposes, 100 rpm increments pretty well get the job done.  The Glo-Bee has 10rpm measurements, but they jump all over the place when in use, and I only use them if I've got two engines running nose-to-nose in the Tach Race.

Got this Ebay Tee Dee yesterday, and hit it with the Glo-Bee early this morning.  Looks like it ought to be a good runner!  

Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jorigger on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:18 am

Kim wrote:Yeah, for all practical purposes, 100 rpm increments pretty well get the job done.  The Glo-Bee has 10rpm measurements, but they jump all over the place when in use, and I only use them if I've got two engines running nose-to-nose in the Tach Race.

Got this Ebay Tee Dee yesterday, and hit it with the Glo-Bee early this morning.  Looks like it ought to be a good runner!  

Thank you very much for this comunication.

Regards
Giuseppe - Italy
jorigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top