Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


Info for Glo Bee tachometer Babe_b10
Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» 3D printed beam mount .049 backplate
by 1/2A Nut Today at 3:53 am

» Recent experience with Norvel?
by smooth_bill Yesterday at 7:48 pm

» CEF .020 Horseshoe Backplate
by Jason_WI Yesterday at 6:19 pm

» The Strato Bug -Identifying originality
by balogh Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» Engine runtime?
by jmendoza Yesterday at 5:34 pm

» Ethanol vs. Methanol
by jmendoza Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» S.M.A.L.L. 30th Anniversary - Mayflower, Arkansas (Oct. 10-13, 2019)
by Kim Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Cox Kenbrite brochure
by jmendoza Yesterday at 3:45 pm

» PT19 Rebuild Project
by Ricksrod Yesterday at 3:20 pm

» Buzzbipe RC 010
by balogh Yesterday at 2:05 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
October-2019
colibriguitars's

Dieselized .049 with no Teflon disk or o-rings.

More info on this engine!



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery


Info for Glo Bee tachometer Empty
World of Aviation

Info for Glo Bee tachometer

Go down

Info for Glo Bee tachometer Empty Info for Glo Bee tachometer

Post  jorigger on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:17 am

Hello Guys,
i need of buy one tachometer.
This Glo Bee is the best in the market ?

Thanks
Giuseppe - Italy
jorigger
jorigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 106
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 71
Location : termini imerese (Palermo)

Back to top Go down

Info for Glo Bee tachometer Empty Re: Info for Glo Bee tachometer

Post  Kim on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:06 am

Not sure if all would agree that it is the best, but I've used one for 5 years now, and it is still running fine. I like it because it's easy to hold on to with oily hands. The small REAL inexpensive one from China works fine also.

Like so many things in this hobby, it depends on your personal preferences...

And...by the way...Welcome to the Forum !!!

Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Posts : 6725
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

Back to top Go down

Info for Glo Bee tachometer Empty Re: Info for Glo Bee tachometer

Post  jorigger on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:17 am

Kim wrote:Not sure if all would agree that it is the best, but I've used one for 5 years now, and it is still running fine.  I like it because it's easy to hold on to with oily hands.  The small REAL inexpensive one from China works fine also.

Like so many things in this hobby, it depends on your personal preferences...

And...by the way...Welcome to the Forum !!!

Kim

Hi Kim, thank you very much for this you reply with you informations and and also for the Welcome.

Regards
Giuseppe - Italy


Last edited by Admin on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed quote tags)
jorigger
jorigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 106
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 71
Location : termini imerese (Palermo)

Back to top Go down

Info for Glo Bee tachometer Empty Re: info on Glo Bee Tachometer

Post  JayeLK on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:56 am

I bought a Magnum Digital Mini-Tach.  It seems to be best at telling me the RPM of the florescent light in the garage.

It was the only one the Local shop had. It works OK, but, having never used another type, I can't really say it is any worse or better than any other, either.

If you take a few precautions, it does the job.  It only gives RPMx100, and needs to be used outdoors or with a constant good light source behind the prop.  It also seems to work best the closer you place it to the prop hub.  Other than that, it is good.

Jaye
JayeLK
JayeLK
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

Info for Glo Bee tachometer Empty Re: Info for Glo Bee tachometer

Post  jorigger on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:38 am

JayeLK wrote:I bought a Magnum Digital Mini-Tach.  It seems to be best at telling me the RPM of the florescent light in the garage.

It was the only one the Local shop had. It works OK, but, having never used another type, I can't really say it is any worse or better than any other, either.

If you take a few precautions, it does the job.  It only gives RPMx100, and needs to be used outdoors or with a constant good light source behind the prop.  It also seems to work best the closer you place it to the prop hub.  Other than that, it is good.

Jaye

Hi Jaye, thank you for this information. I don't know this Magnum, but i want find in internet.

Thanks and Regards
Giuseppe - Italy
jorigger
jorigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 106
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 71
Location : termini imerese (Palermo)

Back to top Go down

Info for Glo Bee tachometer Empty Re: Info for Glo Bee tachometer

Post  dinsdale on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:39 am

JayeLK wrote:I bought a Magnum Digital Mini-Tach.  It seems to be best at telling me the RPM of the florescent light in the garage.

It was the only one the Local shop had. It works OK, but, having never used another type, I can't really say it is any worse or better than any other, either.

If you take a few precautions, it does the job.  It only gives RPMx100, and needs to be used outdoors or with a constant good light source behind the prop.  It also seems to work best the closer you place it to the prop hub.  Other than that, it is good.

Jaye
Rpm x 100 is fine. That's probably about as good as an el cheapo will measure anyway. They all need a non-fluorescent light source.
dinsdale
dinsdale
Account Deactivated by Owner

Posts : 317
Join date : 2012-02-22

Back to top Go down

Info for Glo Bee tachometer Empty Re: Info for Glo Bee tachometer

Post  Kim on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:03 am

Yeah, for all practical purposes, 100 rpm increments pretty well get the job done.  The Glo-Bee has 10rpm measurements, but they jump all over the place when in use, and I only use them if I've got two engines running nose-to-nose in the Tach Race.

Got this Ebay Tee Dee yesterday, and hit it with the Glo-Bee early this morning.  Looks like it ought to be a good runner!  

Info for Glo Bee tachometer Sam_4515
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

Posts : 6725
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

Back to top Go down

Info for Glo Bee tachometer Empty Re: Info for Glo Bee tachometer

Post  jorigger on Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:18 am

Kim wrote:Yeah, for all practical purposes, 100 rpm increments pretty well get the job done.  The Glo-Bee has 10rpm measurements, but they jump all over the place when in use, and I only use them if I've got two engines running nose-to-nose in the Tach Race.

Got this Ebay Tee Dee yesterday, and hit it with the Glo-Bee early this morning.  Looks like it ought to be a good runner!  

Info for Glo Bee tachometer Sam_4515

Thank you very much for this comunication.

Regards
Giuseppe - Italy
jorigger
jorigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 106
Join date : 2013-07-13
Age : 71
Location : termini imerese (Palermo)

Back to top Go down

Info for Glo Bee tachometer Empty Re: Info for Glo Bee tachometer

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum