Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Wanted: (NOT COX) OS Max FP, Magnum & Thunder Tiger GP .40 Back Covers Cox_ba12

Wanted: (NOT COX) OS Max FP, Magnum & Thunder Tiger GP .40 Back Covers Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 1:39 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Wanted: (NOT COX) OS Max FP, Magnum & Thunder Tiger GP .40 Back Covers Empty
Live on Patrol

Wanted: (NOT COX) OS Max FP, Magnum & Thunder Tiger GP .40 Back Covers

Go down

Wanted Wanted: (NOT COX) OS Max FP, Magnum & Thunder Tiger GP .40 Back Covers

Post  ama353 Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:04 pm

I'd like to buy several backplates (back covers if you prefer) for the OS Max .35 and .40 FP, Magnum .40 GP, Thunder Tiger .40 GP engines (don't look now, but they're interchangeable).

Dennis

Last edited by ama353 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add icon)
ama353
ama353
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Wanted: (NOT COX) OS Max FP, Magnum & Thunder Tiger GP .40 Back Covers

Post  RknRusty Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:47 pm

Try Randy Smith, he's a serious engine guy. You can e-mail him about the parts you need.
http://www.aeroproduct.net/

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Wanted: (NOT COX) OS Max FP, Magnum & Thunder Tiger GP .40 Back Covers

Post  Ken Cook Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:01 pm

Hello Dennis, the OS MAX-S .35 backplate is not interchangeable with the FP.40 . The FP .35 and FP .40 use the same case. The LA.40, the FP.40, the Tower .40, and the Magnum GP.40 I know are interchangeable. Curtiss Shipp is a fellow on Stuka Stunt who cnc's backplates for the above engines I mentioned.He charges about $13 plus shipping. His backplates are top notch which utilizes a 0-ring groove to seal it. The FP .40 and Tower .40 uses a gasket. The OS LA series uses a plastic backplate and has no gasket. The OS MAX-S .35 from the 70's is totally different. I was recently in search of gaskets for the MAX-S in which I had to have custom cut by a laser cutter. I wasn't able to use the gasket from a FP.40 due to size and also hole spacing being diffferent.

The metal backplates are long out of production for the OS FP.40. Tower Hobbies has sold out of them now for nearly 5 years. I have 3 of them here still in the packaging and I wouldn't part with any of them for less than $15 a piece plus shipping. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ama353 Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:43 pm

I've purchased several things from Randy, including an AeroTiger .36, but there aren't many backplates floating around anymore ... I'm also aware of Carl's product, but the price is a lot more than what I've been buying NIP equivalents for, especially the Thunder Tiger GP .40 pieces.  And there have been times when Carl has been backed up, so to speak.

I also have a nice OS .35 S engine and custom venturi and muffler for it, so am well aware it's not anywhere near the same as the .35/.40 FP.  Backplate gaskets for the .30/.35 S can be purchased from Scott Riese or Walt Umland, but I believe Walt's minimum is 10.  Bob Krueger has been really gracious about creating a cut file for laser cut gaskets and forwarding it to laser cutters.  And Eric Rule at RSM has offered to produce certain gaskets if a part (the backplate itself, for instance) is shipped to him so he can create a CAD drawing.

It's amazing what a diversity of parts we seek!

Dennis
Smile
ama353
ama353
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down