Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)  Cox_ba12

1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 6:22 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by dan vincent Today at 6:15 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)  Empty
Live on Patrol

1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)

Go down

1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)  Empty 1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)

Post  Ken Cook Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:10 pm

I have been inspired to build a new racer for the contest. PLEASE read the entire intro.  I went into my stash of kits and came across some wonderful examples. For those unaware, AJ-Free Flight of California made some superb kits in the 80's which these are later examples of. AJ replicated many of the Sterling kits but with precision and quality wood. These kits are HAND CUT. The wood is in my opinion very good quality for this style of plane. Many of the parts show pin marks on them to hole the pieces during cutting, templating, and sanding. These are scale airplanes. These absolutely fit the bill. The kits come with full hardware and pre-bent aluminum landing gear and 1" streamlined wheels. This is a very professional looking gear. The instructions which are like I mentioned Sterling like explain on how to mount your Cox style reedie as the kit is currently setup for beam mounts.

You just don't see this type of kit anymore today. They're going to require a bit more care in sanding and shaping but the majority is roughed out. These are profiles which are setup for beam mount engines. The instructions are a bit vague and are written just like Sterling did using paragraphs. Your not going to find these typical to new laser cut kits. I would recommend this type of kit for the average to skilled builder. The plane is a very simple design, but if used for racing it will require certain areas to be properly sanded and assembled correctly. I would have to say that this is somewhat of a rare piece and were limited to a certain run of numbers. That being said I would build this plane regardless and use it for it's intended purpose. I only stated this to explain that not many of these kits are around today. The AJ company went through a rough time and sold off the kit line and this particular line of kits was the Generic Model company of San Dima, California. Eventually the entire company was sold to become GOlden State Models and now Brodak has some of the line as well.

The box is just that generic, it's all white and has a 3 view drawing on the box. The box is shabby as all of the boxes are. The contents however are in good shape stored in a smoke free environment. The hardware packages are all sealed and the plans are full size. Here are some examples I have. Currently one kit is opened which is the Estrellita. This model has a 19 1/2" wingspan.

The other kits are the Shoestring which we all have come to know. The wingspan isn't listed on the kits however and the kit is unopened. The other is the Bonzo(Buster) again unopened. If I have some serious takers who are indeed interested I will open.

I'm listing the kits as $30 a piece plus the cost to ship to you. Unfortunately, I will only ship to United States residents only. If someone internationally is interested, I will ship to another forum member at your request and allow for them to ship. I just never have done that and currently I just don't know where to begin doing so. I can be contacted through this forum via PM. Ken

1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)  Dscn2010
1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)  Dscn2011
1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)  Dscn2012
1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)  Dscn2013
1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)  Dscn2014
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)  Empty 1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)

Post  Ken Cook Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Bump
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)  Empty Re: 1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)

Post  RknRusty Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:50 pm

I'd forgotten about these. Can't recall where I saw it now, could have been right here. Thanks for posting... and bumping.

Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)  Empty Re: 1/2 A racers (Perfect for speed contest)

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum