Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

stuntman 23 weight Cox_ba12

stuntman 23 weight Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

stuntman 23 weight Empty
Live on Patrol

stuntman 23 weight

Go down

Thinking stuntman 23 weight

Post  getback Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:24 am

stuntman 23 weight Ring_w11  as you can see from the pic I have repowered the stuntman w/a medallion also the add on tank only one I had at the time 6x3 thimble dome prop, well I weight this sucker it was 200.5 grams I can't find what the weight is suppose to be I am thinking that's alittle heavy ??have not had a day to fly it yet got the roller coaster effect took care of Rusty I know u have experience with these planes, and will that stock engine run on pressure? thanks Eric
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Thinking Re: stuntman 23 weight

Post  pkrankow Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 am

I can't tell you about wing loading, but the engine will pull that weight just fine.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:43 am

7oz is a good weight for a medallion and it will pull it well as Phil mentioned.

Stock medallion will not work well on pressure, but a fine thread NV can be had through Texas Timers.

The good news is it's not really needed as the Medallion draws fuel exceptionally well through a standard vent tank.

Have Fun!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:23 pm

I didn't open up the picture you posted! Upon further review your tank is way too low for it to be able to draw fuel properly. Optimum starting pint is to have the tank pickup slightly above the level of th NV. If you have the room I would mount the tank on the top of the wing.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:07 pm

I can't add anything to the good info above. It's not too heavy for the Medallion, but Ron's right about the tank placement. I had trouble finding a good spot for a wedge tank. I even cut out a hole to mount it in the outboard wing, but it was too far outside because of the motor mount taking up space. Yours will work better on top because that's where the pickup lies during normal flight. It's pulling way uphill as it is now. It'll likely go too rich when you go inverted. All that is why I finally grudgingly went to a bladder. A pressureless party balloon would probably serve you well. I bored the feed tube hole in a rubber wine cork and stuffed it into the balloon's snout. Tie the tail down somehow so it doesn't flop around.

A shorter prop would help everything work better too. 5-1/2", 5-1/4", and 5" all are good choices. The faster it spins, the better it draws fuel.

Rusty

Last edited by RknRusty on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Thinking Medallion

Post  Tinker Terry Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:15 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:7oz is a good weight for a medallion and it will pull it well as Phil mentioned.

Stock medallion will not work well on pressure, but a fine thread NV can be had through Texas Timers.

The good news is it's not really needed as the Medallion draws fuel exceptionally well through a standard vent tank.

Have Fun!
My old medallion .049 runs great with pressurized tank. Only problem is if you stall the engine the remaining pressure in the tank will push all the fuel in the tank into your carb, emptying the tank and flooding the engine something awful. I once timed my baby ringmaster spinning circles on 25 foot lines and it worked out to over 100 Mph. only managed a few laps before I got too dizzy and crashed it into tiny pieces, full power vertical landing on pavement.
Edit: I did bore out the venture, I suspect anyone whose medallion doesn't work well with a pressurized tank has failed to do that.
Tinker Terry
Tinker Terry
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:37 pm

Tinker Terry wrote:
My old medallion .049 runs great with pressurized tank. Only problem is if you stall the engine the remaining pressure in the tank will push all the fuel in the tank into your carb, emptying the tank and flooding the engine something awful. I once timed my baby ringmaster spinning circles on 25 foot lines and it worked out to over 100 Mph. only managed a few laps before I got too dizzy and crashed it into tiny pieces, full power vertical landing on pavement.
Edit: I did bore out the venture, I suspect anyone whose medallion doesn't work well with a pressurized tank has failed to do that.
I bet you were dizzy. lol!
100mph on 25 feet is 1.07 seconds per lap.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinker Terry Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:47 am

Dizzy heck the world was noting but a blur. I had tad a tough time just spinning that fast and got dizzy then crashed. I had no idea the plane would be anywhere near that fast and was flying in way to small a space. Now that I think about it that may have been the maiden flight for that engine and I had a 6 in. prop on it. And it did actually fly again, much much heavier and on longer lines.
Tinker Terry
Tinker Terry
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down