Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
December-2018
Dave P.'s

"RC Tee Dee 049"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

World of Aviation

[For Sale] SOLD ! Parts for Cox Single Channel "Flyboy"

Go down

SOLD! [For Sale] SOLD ! Parts for Cox Single Channel "Flyboy"

Post  Kim on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:32 am

"STORAGE SHED WAR" continues:

Back in the 1990's (I think), Cox marketed an electric-powered single channel plane called a Flyboy.  It caused a bit of a stir at the time,  in that several designs came out, with the intent of utilizing it's super-simple, but 'heavy-as-plutonium' radio.  

I'd bought one and tried hard to get some good flights out of it.  The first few were decent (you had consider what you had), but the flight-pack batteries seemed to give up pretty quickly, and it's glide was not conducive for a long life.

I've got this pile of stuff, including (unbelievably) an UNDAMAGED replacement wing.  I'd intended to build some models for it, but never got around to the doing part...thus the spare parts.

The stuff is aged, but not in bad shape.  The transmitter and charger are "battery damage free"...thanks to my general paranoia of drycells.  The connectors were changed to the type I had in spares, and I think the thing probably works.

I certify these items to be "Brown Recluse Free" so, if someone thinks this pile would be worth ten bucks plus postage, I'll pack it careful and get it to you...including any other bits I find in the interim.

Needing-Elbow-Room-Kim

Last edited by Kim on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SOLD! Re: [For Sale] SOLD ! Parts for Cox Single Channel "Flyboy"

Post  batjac on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:05 pm

Sure, I'll be happy to take it off of your hands. I've been wanting to try a single channel airplane using the elevator actuator I posted pics of a few months ago. It obviously wouldn't work directly, but maybe I could make a walking beam.

The Walkabout Mark
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:10 pm

batjac wrote:Sure, I'll be happy to take it off of your hands.  I've been wanting to try a single channel airplane using the elevator actuator I posted pics of a few months ago.  It obviously wouldn't work directly, but maybe I could make a walking beam.

The Walkabout Mark

You got it Mark!  I got to run to the airport and find a decent box for the wing.  I intended to have it ready to go, but WILL have it on the way shortly!

Thanks !!!   Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

I Support My Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down