Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

'71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M Cox_ba12

'71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Today at 7:53 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Today at 7:00 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by dan vincent Today at 6:15 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Today at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Today at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

'71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M Empty
Live on Patrol

'71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M

Go down

Shocked '71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M

Post  microflitedude Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:39 pm

microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Shocked Re: '71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M

Post  crankbndr Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:22 am

Funny in 71 I loved that car but it was out of my reach, now I'm an old fart and its still out of reach!! Shocked Shocked :afraid: 
Ya think for 3.5 mil you would get a decent set of hubcaps! lol!
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:20 am

Love the car, it's a shame it won't be enjoyed by anyone. The good thing is they made enough base Cuda's that you could always buy one of those and convert it. Even those are getting expensive.

I like the basic look of those wheels, kind of a sleeper thing. I even have those hubcaps on my pickup!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:29 am

The price doesn't suprize me at all!

Remember these types of cars have a wide following across the world and many of those car are sold overseas.    Sad Goodbye 

Rememember ther ARE people with lots of money to spend on "toys" Cox engines being no exception.

SuperDave
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:52 pm

I can remember seeing a white showroom leftover, 70' Hemi Cuda going for 1.2 Mill in a Barrette Jackson Auction about 10 years ago so it doesn't surprise me to see a 71' sell for what it did. The 71' is probably the most sought after year due to the some of the neat style changes such as the B-Pillar and non roll down rear window etc..
Although both the 70' and 71' are on my "I'd love to have them" list, the 64 with the Push Button trans. and the 65 Barracuda's (including the Formula S package) were always my favorites when it comes to the Barracuda's and Mopar's in general.
A couple of interesting notes about these cars were, before 1970, the A-Bodied Barracuda's were based on the Valiant until the radical re-design in 70' by John Herlitz and were based on the E-Body platform. 64 was the first year for the Barracuda and the last year for the Push Button transmission. Although, in 65' and maybe even 66', Chrysler used the left over  P.B. transmissions but converted them to column shift by using 2 cables. One cable for shifting and one cable for park.  

The closest I ever came to owning a Barracuda was my old 65' Valiant Wagon. It had a 225 Slant 6 that ran like a Singer sewing machine with a left over Push Button 904 trans. that was factory converted to Column Shift with factory add on A/C. Everything from the back of the front seat forward, was the same as the Barracuda. I got it from the original owner for $300.00 back in 2000. I had the car for almost five years and I wanted to restore it and change the K-Frame so I could put in a 340 but pretty much the whole back end of the car was ate up by rust and it needed all new sheet metal from the back seat all the way to and including the tail gate which was estimated at almost $5,000.00 just for sheet metal work alone. Being married with our son and having a new son on the way, I wasn't able to afford restoration costs. So I had to let it go. Sad  Although I was sad to see it go, I did make a healthy profit!

Shawn

Here are a couple of pics of my old V.

'71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M Side_v10
'71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M Valian10
'71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M Valian11
'71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M Valian12
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:01 pm

This would have been a nice "period correct" V8 choice instead of the 340 Shawn... although the "slant-6" was indestructible.

'71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M 1964_m10

and it would have "Put you ahead.. Handsomely" (check-out the R/H drive...)

'71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M 1964_v10
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:46 pm

roddie wrote:This would have been a nice "period correct" V8 choice instead of the 340 Shawn... although the "slant-6" was indestructible.

'71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M 1964_m10

and it would have "Put you ahead.. Handsomely" (check-out the R/H drive...)

'71 Plymouth Cuda Sells for $3.5M 1964_v10
Oh yeah, the slant 6 was a great little engine and the 273 would've been cool but I wanted to restore it to more of a Street / Strip car.
BTW, That advert. for the right hand drive is neat. I never knew Chrysler offered a right hand drive Valiant.
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:46 am

Applications would have been for export and possibly rural postal delivery here in the U.S.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Australia was full of RHD Valiants. They were number 3 in the market after Holden (local GM derivative) and Ford back in the 60s. We had the RV1 fully imported and then assembled our own SV1 from CKD kits. Kept producing Valiants right up into the early 80s. Many RHD versions were also built in South Africa.
When I was 19 I bought an old S series (SV1) from a friend's dad. It had been used as a "paddock bomb" (something for kids to tear around in). I had another 2 for parts. The restoration took so long that too many other things came up in life so I quit the project. Selling all 3 as parts at swap-meets actually made me a very tidy sum. Paid $200 for the original car, sold the bare incomplete & partly repaired shell for $200 years later. Got $200 each for doors, of which I had 8.
Every time a look at an old Valiant I wish I had of finished it. Really cool car with a bunch of design features, such as tortion bar suspension, which made them unique. They are still held in fairly high regard out here, (though ridiculed by many of the ignorant).

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sdjjadk Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:38 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:Australia was full of RHD Valiants.  They were number 3 in the market after Holden (local GM derivative) and Ford back in the 60s.  We had the RV1 fully imported and then assembled our own SV1 from CKD kits.  Kept producing Valiants right up into the early 80s.  Many RHD versions were also built in South Africa.
When I was 19 I bought an old S series (SV1) from a friend's dad.  It had been used as a "paddock bomb" (something for kids to tear around in).  I had another 2 for parts.  The restoration took so long that too many other things came up in life so I quit the project.  Selling all 3 as parts at swap-meets actually made me a very tidy sum.  Paid $200 for the original car, sold the bare incomplete & partly repaired shell for $200 years later.  Got $200 each for doors, of which I had 8.
Every time a look at an old Valiant I wish I had of finished it.  Really cool car with a bunch of design features, such as tortion bar suspension, which made them unique.  They are still held in fairly high regard out here, (though ridiculed by many of the ignorant).

Rod.
It's funny that you mention the Valiant being popular in Australia. When I started restoring mine, I had to order some, interior pieces and weather stripping from a supplier in Australia as no one in the U.S. at the time made or stocked any of those parts for the wagon. The prices weren't bad but the shipping was outrageous!

Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down