Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2017
MauricioB's

"Cox Tee Dee .010"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Bursting Bladders

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bursting Bladders

Post  Cribbs74 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:35 pm

I experienced the same thing last winter in the high 30's. I was running about 50/50 at the time.

I couldn't figure out what was going on until I posted the problem here. Never considered using full synth fuel though.
Cribbs74

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bursting Bladders

Post  Ken Cook on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Ron, I tried it as an experiment to just see if indeed fuel viscosity was the problem. Indeed it was, but the cold also has a large affect on the way the bladder collapses. The synthetic fuel I was using like I mentioned was 24% oil content. I figured with the colder temps that this would be a non issue. I'm not suggesting for everyone t run out and try it, I just found this is what has worked for me. I also figured out this is also a reason for my bladders popping. I was using them in the colder months only to try them in the warmer months having them pop almost instantly. This is due to them developing a weak spot where they were trained. I feel my bladders are short lived due to the compartments I jam them into. Ken
Ken Cook
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top