Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2017
Mark Boesen's

Nice original Babe Bee from a Super Cub 105, late fifties.

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Tach Race 2017 Updates
Ready for Tach Race 2017?
Profile Scale Reed Speed
Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Bursting Bladders

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bursting Bladders

Post  Cribbs74 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:35 pm

I experienced the same thing last winter in the high 30's. I was running about 50/50 at the time.

I couldn't figure out what was going on until I posted the problem here. Never considered using full synth fuel though.
Cribbs74

Trusted Seller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bursting Bladders

Post  Ken Cook on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Ron, I tried it as an experiment to just see if indeed fuel viscosity was the problem. Indeed it was, but the cold also has a large affect on the way the bladder collapses. The synthetic fuel I was using like I mentioned was 24% oil content. I figured with the colder temps that this would be a non issue. I'm not suggesting for everyone t run out and try it, I just found this is what has worked for me. I also figured out this is also a reason for my bladders popping. I was using them in the colder months only to try them in the warmer months having them pop almost instantly. This is due to them developing a weak spot where they were trained. I feel my bladders are short lived due to the compartments I jam them into. Ken
Ken Cook
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top