Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 Cox_ba12

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by Kim Today at 3:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread

Post  Kim Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:02 am

Works for me! I'm In !!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread

Post  RknRusty Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:14 am

I'll check my extensive social calendar and respond.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterJGregory Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:23 am

Well, it's almost a thing, now! Very Happy
PeterJGregory
PeterJGregory
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Fri-Sat-Sun 22, 23, 24 of Sept 2017

Works for me..... I am in also
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:17 pm

I've etched it in stone. If I now will just Remember, to look at that stone!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Marleysky wrote:I've etched it in stone.  If I now will just Remember, to look at that stone!  
Sleep with your PT under your pillow, you shouldn't forget. Laughing

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:28 pm

I'M Ready Too
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:48 pm

That will work for Me Airplane  I Still have the Balsa scratch build from the other year ...... The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 020_0010
The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 020_0011
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:13 pm

I'll tell Patrick about it, and he'll want in...so it looks like we got 7 so far in this little space of time!

Way to get things rolling, Peter !!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:26 am

All right boys, and girls if there are any of you hanging around out there, according to the paper calendar book that my friends pick on me about, we have arrived at the Cox International Fly-It-If-You-Got-It-Weekend!

Lets crank em up !!

Well intentioned, but still groggy, and drinking coffee Kim

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 0_11

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 0_113

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 0_510

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 4_14

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:32 am

Polygrip... the denture-adhesive you can count on at the field... Laughing

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 Dan_mc10
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:29 am

It's 1/2A Day in Huntersville tomorrow. I'd already planned to scramble tonight to get ready, so now The PT is on the list. The only Li'l ol' thing is, my wife done broke a leg and is bumbling about with a Knee Scooter. So, not too sure what the weekend holds for boys with toys around here... but I got a doctor's excuse.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:26 pm

RknRusty wrote:It's 1/2A Day in Huntersville tomorrow. I'd already planned to scramble tonight to get ready, so now The PT is on the list. The only Li'l ol' thing is, my wife done broke a leg and is bumbling about with a Knee Scooter. So, not too sure what the weekend holds for boys with toys around here... but I got a doctor's excuse.
Bummer about your wife , Mine broke her Ankle last week
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:13 pm

akjgardner wrote:
RknRusty wrote:It's 1/2A Day in Huntersville tomorrow. I'd already planned to scramble tonight to get ready, so now The PT is on the list. The only Li'l ol' thing is, my wife done broke a leg and is bumbling about with a Knee Scooter. So, not too sure what the weekend holds for boys with toys around here... but I got a doctor's excuse.
Bummer about your wife, Mine broke her Ankle last week
Ouch, sorry, Gardner. Actually, Holley broke her foot, but she has a cast to her knee and isn't supposed to put any weight on it for 6 weeks. That's the hard part, lugging that leg around without it touching the floor.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:39 am

Kim wrote:All right boys, and girls if there are any of you hanging around out there, according to the paper calendar book that my friends pick on me about, we have arrived at the Cox International Fly-It-If-You-Got-It-Weekend!

Lets crank em up !!

Well intentioned, but still groggy, and drinking coffee Kim

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 0_11

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 0_113

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 0_510

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 4_14

BUMP
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:30 pm

"bump?" WHEW, I don't wanna say it's too hot to fly, but, DANG, it's too HOT to fly! Due to some historical weather conditions, I think 2 hurricanes have caused a shift in tropical weather conditions to be pushed w a y north. It was 93 Deg yesterday and right now It's 85 Deg inside in the shade, and I'm dripping just sitting here! We'll see, I wanna get something in the air, or I'm headed to the beach to cool off.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TLAnderson Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Marleysky wrote:"bump?"  WHEW, I don't wanna say it's too hot to fly,  but, DANG, it's too HOT to fly!  Due to some historical weather conditions, I think 2 hurricanes have caused a shift in tropical weather conditions to be pushed  w a  y north. It was 93 Deg yesterday and right now It's 85 Deg inside in the shade, and I'm dripping just sitting here!  We'll see, I wanna get something in the air, or I'm headed to the beach to cool off.

Pretty hot and humid here too. At least for us Northerners. Don't know if I'll get anything in the air today or not. I was preflighting the PT19 earlier today, and came in dripping wet. Air conditioning is a wonderful thing.
Hot

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 37435280035_ca8fd72412_c

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 37245695746_d5575ef982_c
TLAnderson
TLAnderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Nice to see some effort... Thumbs Up Love the stooge and cardboard runway!!!!!!!!!!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 Empty Skin of the Teeth, Squadron Flew

Post  PeterJGregory Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Well, the PT-19 squadron flew today, against countless forces waging against the feat being completed before dark, Sunday...

The first PT-19 flown today was a 2017 ebay purchase.
Yellow Fuse, Blue Wing.
Well used, Older 1960's packaging (box).
It had a Babe Bee in it.
I tore it down, yesterday, degunked, looked OK, overall.
Put it back to together and couldn't get it to keep running.
I think it needs a new reed.
I spent an hour digging through inventory, but I have mostly TDs
I did find a Black Widow, but it had a loose ball socket and I didn't want to abuse it more before resetting, and I couldn't put my hands on my reset tool.
Same issue with a  Golden Bee, loose socket.
Then I found a fairly well used Babe Bee, and after tearing it down and degunking, it ran OK.

I have a second PT-19 from Craigslist, bought for the Fly It If You Got It event, 18 months ago, wasn't able to participate 2016.
Blue Fuse, Yellow Wing.
I think the gent I bought it from (I had to travel about 80 miles to pick it up) had assembled a representable model from different parts.
I thought the wing and fuse were new, but they had been cleaned up really well.
Through the day, today, I saw castor grunge here and there on them.
The deal came with two Cox "product" engines, neither attached to the landing gear (horshoe style backplate).
One had almost no compression but I gave it a go and it wouldn't wind up. Just sputter and die.
Switched out to the other one and didn't have time to check before dark set in.

I gave a quick test of the product engine today and it seemed to wind up fine, attached it to the landing gear, and I thought I was ready to go (about 10 a.m.)

Not so, not so. I noticed the pushrod was too long. I snipped off the z-bend at the bellcrank, and installed an ez connector, all looked good. It wasn't, and reworking the ez connector gooched the bellcrank. Time to make a plywood bellcrank.
To do the job justice, I spent a few hours around familial responsibilities, and didn't leave the house til 2:30, having a hard shutdown of 3:30 for further familial duties.

So, I had to fly two different times, today, two different locations,  to get a mere single flight for each of the two PT-19s.
26 CIrcuits on the older, Babe Bee powered PT-19, at he morning venue.
34 Circuits on the newer Cox "Product" engine, just as dark was settling in. - This setup had 50% more power than the Babe Bee.
But both hung together, rubber bands and all, to get counted in the annals of control line flying lore...

By the way, it was hot here, too. Got over 90, and I was feeling pretty gritty all day, grittin' it out, but got 'er done.

I may have some GoPro footage but my cell phone went into thermal runaway - shut down, in the heat of the sun. Didn't see that one coming!

These were my first flights on the PT-19, too. I had tried to get a few others to come out, but by my own account of schedule/familial duties, I barely pulled it off this year, and so glad I did. Leaves lots of room next year for much fun.

This little taste of CL has me itching for more. I have to say the docile little PT-19 is fun to fly, and both took some hard knocks and survived everythiing, in getting a qualifying flight of at least 5 laps in. I had to hope nobody was watching me laugh at all the things that could've gone wrong and so went wrong, throughout the last 48 hours. Too much fun.

Hats are off the the Rhode Island crew who seems to have really had their program together. There activity is my model for next year participation in my neck of the woods, get others to come out.

Cheers,
Peter G.

The Squadron
The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 The_sq10

Castor Glory
The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 The_gl10

Chief Engineer - Dad of 89 Years... Had him verify my lap count(!)
A little smudgy - hard to keep castor off the lens of my cell phone camera.
The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 20170910
PeterJGregory
PeterJGregory
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:31 pm

Good for You, Glad Your Dad was Able to help
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:42 am

This year mine is Tee Dee powered! Y'all will have to stand by for my flight report, but I'll get it posted later on. My son couldn't come to fly, so no gophers or earthworms had to suffer over in the churchyard. The old bird is uglier than ever, Lol.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:35 am

PeterJGregory wrote:

Hats are off the the Rhode Island crew who seems to have really had their program together. There activity is my model for next year participation in my neck of the woods, get others to come out.

Cheers,
Peter G.

Peter.. the Rhode Island crew didn't accomplish squat... Embarassed My posts were "quoting" last years' activity of other CEF members who; like you.. had their act together.. Laughing

Congratulations on getting your flights in.. working against adversity. Thumbs Up
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterJGregory Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:17 am

OK, I skimmed thru fast and didn't catch that.

Looking forward to next year.

Come 1 Jan 2018 maybe start the drumbeat again, and get more of my club members involved.
I know I was so busy I nearly didn't make it (only had a year to be ready, right? : ) )

At least keeping the flame burning - candle in the wind.
Next year, 5,000 candles in the wind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-PUW6y4F6c
PeterJGregory
PeterJGregory
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:53 pm

Ok well my weekend was not what i wanted plane (PT-19) ready !! BUT , i worked on hour bush hog and had to put front brakes on the 1999 1500 suburban , don't sound like that much till U are old and broken trying to get crap done EVER day ,,, anyway no flight to report and i am not happy we even mowed the field to fly !! But not to bee a total loser here is some footage from my sons first balsa flight and it was a PT-19 scratch built ...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDiIggun3QA  Peter you and you Dad put your all into it and very happy you got involved Sorry to hear of Joe and Rusty's girls all broken up !! The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 020_0013
The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 020_0014
The Official "International Cox PT-19 Fly It If You Got It Day!" Thread - Page 4 020_0012
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:03 pm

Eric, that PT19 looks great, it's a design of yours? .... I think the silhouette of two drivers would look great!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next