Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


.049 powered Pong Two Babe_b10




.049 powered Pong Two Pixel

Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» TD, Enya, Ripmax pictures
by Coxfledgling Today at 6:54 am

» Engine cleaning
by rsv1cox Today at 6:47 am

» I quit smoking
by rsv1cox Today at 6:39 am

» Diy Anodize atempt
by getback Today at 6:32 am

» Help, Cox TD 09 parts
by Coxfledgling Today at 2:54 am

» inquiry, can someone teach me, thank you!
by 1/2A Nut Today at 1:50 am

» Nitromethane
by dckrsn Yesterday at 8:51 pm

» Happy Birthday Ron
by batjac Yesterday at 6:43 pm

» "My Cox .049' Hot Rod Lincoln..
by dckrsn Yesterday at 5:45 pm

» Cheap storage
by bakergw Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Tuning option
by aspeed Yesterday at 11:42 am

» How's the weather?
by balogh Yesterday at 7:35 am

Cox Engine of The Month
February-2021
Levent Suberk's

"Cox TD .010 with Graupner Silentius free flight model."




PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Forum Store
CEF Ear Savers
Gallery


.049 powered Pong Two Empty

.049 powered Pong Two

Go down

.049 powered Pong Two Empty .049 powered Pong Two

Post  sdjjadk Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:10 am

Here is a download link for a set of plans for a neat little low wing plane sport plane called a Pong Two.

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5800

Shawn

.049 powered Pong Two Png210

.049 powered Pong Two Pngtwo10
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 640
Join date : 2012-04-07
Location : Southern Maryland

Back to top Go down

.049 powered Pong Two Empty Re: .049 powered Pong Two

Post  getback Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:42 am

Sdjjadk, Looks like a really easy flyer , have you built / flown one of these? I have some RC planes and stuff that I need to get in the air:lol: Very Happy Eric RC Plane My last attempt's were not so good though Sad
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 7574
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 63
Location : julian , NC

Back to top Go down

.049 powered Pong Two Empty Re: .049 powered Pong Two

Post  sdjjadk Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:35 pm

getback wrote:Sdjjadk, Looks like a really easy flyer , have you built / flown one of these? I have some RC planes and stuff that I need to get in the air:lol: Very Happy Eric RC Plane My last attempt's were not so good though Sad
I have not built one yet. I'd like to though. There are a couple flight vids on You Tube and it looks like a great flying little plane.


Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 640
Join date : 2012-04-07
Location : Southern Maryland

Back to top Go down

.049 powered Pong Two Empty Re: .049 powered Pong Two

Post  Kim Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:31 am

sdjjadk wrote:
getback wrote:Sdjjadk, Looks like a really easy flyer , have you built / flown one of these? I have some RC planes and stuff that I need to get in the air:lol: Very Happy Eric RC Plane My last attempt's were not so good though Sad
I have not built one yet. I'd like to though.  There are a couple flight vids on You Tube and it looks like a great flying little plane.


Shawn

Man-Yeah! Put a throttled .049 on that pup and you'd have a great evening cruiser !!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2019 Supporter

2020 Supporter

Posts : 7413
Join date : 2011-09-06
Location : South East Missouri

Back to top Go down

.049 powered Pong Two Empty Re: .049 powered Pong Two

Post  sdjjadk Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:44 pm

Kim wrote:

Man-Yeah!  Put a throttled .049 on that pup and you'd have a great evening cruiser !!!

If I build one, I'll build the wing without dihedral and add ailerons. Add a throttle like you said and it would be a fun little aerobat!

Shawn
sdjjadk
sdjjadk
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 640
Join date : 2012-04-07
Location : Southern Maryland

Back to top Go down

.049 powered Pong Two Empty Re: .049 powered Pong Two

Post  andrew Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:11 pm

sdjjadk wrote:
If I build one, I'll build the wing without dihedral and add ailerons. Add a throttle like you said and it would be a fun little aerobat!
Shawn

Shawn -
With the current semi-symmetrical airfoil, I would be inclined to retain some dihedral, perhaps 1" to 1.25" under each tip.  With a long wing and 0" dihedral, the wings will appear to be drooping.  As it is drawn, the Pong looks a little like a great flapping buzzard.

But, if you're looking for a bit more pizzazz, you'll need to knock about 6" off the span.  The current area is 317; reducing the span to 38.5" will reduce the area to 275 --- with less span, your roll rates will be better.  Probably, the stab/elev should be reduced in area to around 60 sq. in.  

However, at 275 sq. in., the reduced Pong is still a pretty good sized plane for the .049.
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1360
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 73
Location : Western Kentucky

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

.049 powered Pong Two Empty Re: .049 powered Pong Two

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum