Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Pictures-What a weekend-The Good the Bad and the Ugly-but a warm fuzzy buzz! - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Pictures-What a weekend-The Good the Bad and the Ugly-but a warm fuzzy buzz! - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by balogh Today at 12:07 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 9:32 pm

» Elfin 0.5cc (Arnie Hende replica)
by dan vincent Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by layback209 Yesterday at 9:10 pm

» Anderson Baby Spitfire - looking for the aft tank and gasket
by Boats13 Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» Fuel residue stain clening help
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» Cox powered boat litle shrimp hidroplane
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by roddie Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Yesterday at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 7:56 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Pictures-What a weekend-The Good the Bad and the Ugly-but a warm fuzzy buzz! - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Pictures-What a weekend-The Good the Bad and the Ugly-but a warm fuzzy buzz!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pictures-What a weekend-The Good the Bad and the Ugly-but a warm fuzzy buzz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures-What a weekend-The Good the Bad and the Ugly-but a warm fuzzy buzz!

Post  crankbndr Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Way to go Rusty, nice trophy!! Its a little painful to see the tail of your model sticking out of a garbage bag but glad you had fun anyway.
Wish I was there.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Pictures-What a weekend-The Good the Bad and the Ugly-but a warm fuzzy buzz! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pictures-What a weekend-The Good the Bad and the Ugly-but a warm fuzzy buzz!

Post  RknRusty Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:01 pm

crankbndr wrote:Way to go Rusty, nice trophy!! Its a little painful to see the tail of your model sticking out of a garbage bag but glad you had fun anyway.
Wish I was there.
Yeah but it'll hopefully help me learn to avoid wrecking another one. I just wish I could duplicate the way that old bird handled. The oriental might fill that bill. This October contest is without question the highlight of my year, this and last year too. And I think, the most fun thing I have ever done in my post-30s adult life.

The May contest is a scaled back version of the same thing, just the midwesterners and Northeasterners and more all go to Brodak in June, so it's more of a local deaL But still with lots of states represented. We had Canadians and Minnesotans as well as Kansasians representing the most distant places this October. I'm being pulled and twisted to go to Brodak in '15. It's a logistical PITA for me with scheduling dialysis and transportation, but I'll try to make it happen. This is the last chance for a typical Brodak, as '16, the last one ever, will probably be a circus of everyone who always wanted to go but never did... finally does. John Brodak is on my list of people I'd like to meet.

Allen Brickhaus was one I sadly just missed, he was a member of my club and worked frequently with Will, Wayne and Watt to design and test new models and died just after I joined. I won't even try to list who else I want to meet. Maybe one day I'll meet that Dickerson guy. I'm going to meet Cribbs next week, and I always enjoy seeing the Cook men. Meeting Shawn "Shug" Emery was a treat. New on the scene, but a real shot of life for the Minnisota Piston Poppers, and the control line world all over. His vast Youtube audience is now watching Control line flying of all sorts and Huntersville too. We badly need new blood and inspiration in H'ville.
Got that fuzzy buzz!
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:07 pm

One crashed is room for another. The Oriental will fly better!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:07 pm

RknRusty wrote:
This October contest is without question the highlight of my year, this and last year too. And I think, the most fun thing I have ever done in my post-30s adult life.

Rusty

Well that pretty much says it all man! mentioning Brodak... I have attended (as a spectator) one organized c/l event in the last 25 years. It was a N.E.S.T. fun-fly in Wrentham, Ma. last early-Summer. I brought my 1/2A reed-speed F8F-2 with me that day. Dave Cook; a long-time N.E.S.T/500 club NAT's winner/judge and personal friend of mine, held the little airplane.. looked it over for half a minute, then said that he'd drawn-up plans for the very same model... except it had a .46-60 engine.. (and Dave's impeccable attention to design) Dave designed an I-beam type balsa wood spar that he used in his wing construction. The wing's frame-works were a thing of beauty. N.E.S.T meetings were at Dave's house.. and he always had an airplane in the works down cellar. Very Happy
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:55 am

Sorry to hear about the Ray. Ron is right though, makes room for bigger and better. Smile

Here are some pictures I took at the fort.

Pictures-What a weekend-The Good the Bad and the Ugly-but a warm fuzzy buzz! - Page 2 Image_18

Pictures-What a weekend-The Good the Bad and the Ugly-but a warm fuzzy buzz! - Page 2 Image_16

Pictures-What a weekend-The Good the Bad and the Ugly-but a warm fuzzy buzz! - Page 2 Image_22
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:51 pm

microflitedude wrote:Sorry to hear about the Ray. Ron is right though, makes room for bigger and better.  Smile
Thanks Matt. BBBWAAAAAAHHHH HAA HAA... Lol Just kidding.

Hey it looks just like this picture now. Except with no wings. lol!
Pictures-What a weekend-The Good the Bad and the Ugly-but a warm fuzzy buzz! - Page 2 Image_18

All of the glue joints let go. The leadouts are still connected to the bellcrank with a whole stack of ribs sliding along the wires. Looks like aliphatic glue.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  ShugEmery Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:51 am

Man was that a fun 'un))))
Wish I could have made it to Watt's but had to see my sisters then prep for 9 days backpacking the next day. I was wore out after that weekend of competition.....
Shug
ShugEmery
ShugEmery
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2