Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

Crazy Super Glue instructions :) Babe_b10

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2019
Mike1484's

"Tee Dee .020 on a free-flight model"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2019
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
Gallery

Crazy Super Glue instructions :) Empty
World of Aviation

Crazy Super Glue instructions :)

Go down

Crazy Super Glue instructions :) Empty Crazy Super Glue instructions :)

Post  Cox International on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:31 pm

Had to buy some CA glue the other day whilst travelling. I'm sure glad I've used the stuff before; otherwise the "Method of using" would have thrown me for a loop lol!

Crazy Super Glue instructions :) Super_10
Cox International
Cox International
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Official Cox Dealer

View user profile http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Crazy Super Glue instructions :) Empty Re: Crazy Super Glue instructions :)

Post  RknRusty on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Haha, I think something is lost in the translation. From Arabic I guess.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew on Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Gives you an idea of how some of my papers and exams read. Surprised
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:02 pm

The instructions for #617 are even worse.. tongue
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:36 am

That's how most manuals that are translated to Finnish look to us Finns. A lot of manufacturers and European importers just slap their original text to Google translator and call it ready. Google works pretty good if you translate English to German, or vice versa. French translated to English is almost readable. Dunno about Spanish.

More minor languages like Finnish (spoken by less than 0.1% of the population) are not considered important, I guess, and lot of us learn English anyway, so, while the Finnish translator exists it produces mostly gibberish. And that's what we get for manuals, fortunately most of them have an English version too Smile
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:49 am

That is funny, English Moroccan style.

As a Finn, I’m amazed at your command of the English language and it’s composition, so much superior to most of us born and raised in English speaking countries. That you even know what "gibberish" means is amazing. Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:58 am

While working for airsoft manufacture in China I had to write detailed instructions for them. Problem is translation of fire arm parts to Chinese don't work so well. I.E. Receiver can be guy who catches football or where the bolt locks into a rifle. Rather than let me write the instructions for import they only wanted Chinese person to do it, and wow they come up with some good stuff LOL
Brenda
Brenda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gcb on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:27 am

AFAIK the inventor of Cyanoacrylate was Eastman Kodak and it was called "Eastman 910". My first use of this was industrial in the mid sixties.

I have heard that it was used to close wounds under battlefield conditions. Well, don't use it to seal a cut unless a dire emergency. I tried it on a "shop cut" and while doing a two minute rain-dance vowed some expletives like, "Aw shucks! I don't think I'll do that again!". :-)

The first modeling type CA (then called CyA) was "Hot Stuff" by Satellite City. It came only in thin. We used things like baking soda to bridge gaps. When folks found there was a market for it, the types and brands exploded...which made it even more popular.

For anyone who may not know, use with adequate ventilation because you can develop a sensitivity to it.

All that said, I have never heard of "616" (nor 617) but assume it is one of the various available types. Neat instructions!

It's hard to translate to a language where people drive on a parkway and park in a driveway... :-)

George
gcb
gcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:51 pm

rsv1cox wrote:
As a Finn, I’m amazed at your command of the English language and it’s composition, so much superior to most of us born and raised in English speaking countries.  That you even know what "gibberish" means is amazing.  Smile

Thanks for the kind words Smile I consider myself lucky, because learning languages was easy for me when I was a kid and learned the basics. We get a lot of American and British TV shows, none of them are dubbed, except children's shows. When you read the subtitles you learn to read Finnish fast and if you pay attention to the dialog at the same time you may learn some English too Smile Then there's the American and British music and pop culture, internet forums, technical publications and other things that are mostly in English. My wife and I spent almost 3 years in the US (1998-2001), I was working and she studied, we learned a lot of practical English then. I try to keep it up, it's a kind of a hobby for me I suppose.

I read a lot, and nowadays if a book is originally written in English I rather read the original than the translation. I probably pick up a lot of phrases and structures from books. My favourite American authors are Christopher Moore and Kinky Friedman, so if I don't sometimes make sense, blame them lol!

And, of course, if you would hear me talking there would be a noticeable accent. It's easier to write "good" English than to pronounce it perfectly.

Sorry for the long post mostly about myself Laughing
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down