Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Cox_ba12

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Boats13 Today at 10:19 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 9:36 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 7:56 am

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by Yabby Today at 7:47 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Empty
Live on Patrol

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Empty Anybody get anything cool for Christmas?

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:11 pm

Let's hear it!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Empty Re: Anybody get anything cool for Christmas?

Post  crankbndr Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:11 pm

Well, I had to fend for myself again so I bid on this Black Widow last night and won.
Merry Christmas to ME! You can't have too many Black Widows right?
Hard to tell but it looks like a slotted exhaust, never seen that in this packaging.
What you get Ron? Something cool?

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Bw_tif10
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Empty Re: Anybody get anything cool for Christmas?

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Ha!

No, I got clothes. Well, I did get a new Nikon scope for my rifle. My wife and I spend more on the kids and like you, I just fend for myself.

Nice Black Widow BTW. First time I have seen a red driveplate on a BW from the factory. Cool!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Empty re:anybody get anything cool for christmas

Post  craig bernard Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:48 pm

yes I got the dvd box set of starsky and hutch the new planet of the apes:-)some clothes as:-a)far as cox stuff it will only:-)come in my dreams or if:-)I Purchase it my self. excuse my typing I also have one heck of a:-)glow on!cheers everyone! Beers
craig bernard
craig bernard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:07 pm

I didn't get much but a friend of mine gave me a little surprise which turned out to be an OK cub .049B. I also found by accident my old VA .049 Mk1 (Single screw) which I had on a small R/C combat wing. This has the adjustable timing if I remember correctly. (Bandit)
Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Ok_cub10
Here it is sorry for the pic quality and yup that's a cox head.
Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Va_04910
And now my VA.
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:07 am

I got a new burgundy colored bathmat to replace my rotted wing-wrap stooge. And a brand new red Philly Fliers hat, my new lucky flying hat!

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:38 am

A copy of Pink Floyd's new album "Endless River." My son knows me well. I'm heading back to the 70s for a while. Shh

Terry over on 049 collectors is also sending me some parts for a Cub .039 so I can hopefully cobble one together with some spare .049X parts I have. Anyone know if the cranks are the same?

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:59 am

I really like the VA engines. Unfortunately while the adjustable timing seemed like a good idea to the designer, it would like to loosen. For those in freeflight which is really what the engine's intent was designed for this really wasn't an issue. But for the control line pilot who now has the engine full tilt for several minutes, things now become quite clear. The VA used a connecting rod with a threaded disc. You decided what type of run you were in search of and placed spacers on top of that disc which raised or lowered the piston. The piston however would start to unscrew from this disc. Loctite was the solution but it became very problematic to unscrew if need be. The next problem was the conrod would develop play on the disc itself which now requires a bit of machine work to repair. Black oil resulted in the engine run and from that point the engine lifespan was seemingly short. The VA MKII used the same thing which was known as RYOT roll your own timing. Put it on a plane and run it until it no longer wants to run. Parts availability is none for the most part and they certainly are becoming a rarity. I have 3 examples of the MK II which I still run in 1/2A combat. The MK II was the first .049 bushing engine I had that would just hit the 30K mark. I don't run it at those rpm's as I want to keep it around for a while but to my surprise on a Russian glass prop these rpm's were achievable. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:52 am

I received this fine 'Mr. Mulligan' racer ornament from my brother Keith and his fiancee Kellye.
It will soon occupy a parking space next to it's brethren on the micro-ramp of my spare living room desk!

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 4_59

My wonderful hobby shop employers got me this really cool sign...possibly inspired by my attempts at flying Quadcopters around Tailwinds Hobbies !

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 1_75

Lastly, I was invited to share Christmas Dinner with my friends, Rory, Lori, and Little Nora, followed by some scope sighting down at the range with Rory's Father-in-law Mike.

All-told, a great Christmas Day !!!

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 6_39

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 1_76

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 5_50

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 3_69

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 7_32

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:00 am

Yup you're exactly right in fact I took it apart and looked at it and now I remember. It's the adjustable RYOT version but as you stated I had that problem so way back I removed the piston and carrier and installed a set with locked timing and didn't have any more problems. Another problem was since this sucker loves RPM and therefore likes the short props you had to run it on a fuel with lotsa caster (more so than our little cox gems) or the plating would sometimes start to peel on the cylinder. also with the MK1 with the single screw you had to securely bolt it to the mount with lock nuts on the other side (no self tappers) so there would be no chance it would come loose if it did come loose, the case halves could distort or even crack. the MKII wasn't as critical. If some are interested I can take it apart and take pics to show how it's built. For those who haven't seen a VA it's pretty interesting. (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:03 am

Kim wrote:I received this fine 'Mr. Mulligan' racer ornament from my brother Keith and his fiancee Kellye.
It will soon occupy a parking space next to it's brethren on the micro-ramp of my spare living room desk!

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 4_59

My wonderful hobby shop employers got me this really cool sign...possibly inspired by my attempts at flying Quadcopters around Tailwinds Hobbies !

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 1_75

Lastly, I was invited to share Christmas Dinner with my friends, Rory, Lori, and Little Nora, followed by some scope sighting down at the range with Rory's Father-in-law Mike.

All-told, a great Christmas Day !!!

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 6_39

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 1_76

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 5_50

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 3_69

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? 7_32

Nice!! what AR platform is that BTW? (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:38 am

TDbandit wrote:

Nice!! what AR platform is that BTW? (Bandit)[/quote]

Mike's is a Stag Arms A3. Rory got him a BEC Scope for Christmas, and he had the silly thing on paper at 50 yrds in about 3 rounds !

Both his and mine are .223's
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:06 am

Cool? Not really. I tell the kids not to get me anything for Christmas, and most listen. But...I have this daughter that doesn't. A lantern and a couple of Bill O'Reilly's books to light my way. I'm not really a religious person, but I have read all of his books except these two and she knew it.

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Stuff003_zps64b1ea89

But, I have rewarded myself with a few model engines this past December. Merry Christmas to me and to you. Christmas Tree
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:34 am

I got a 1944 Comet kit of the mighty B-29.
Brenda
Brenda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:08 pm

Brenda wrote:I got a 1944 Comet kit of the mighty B-29.

Cool! Is it one of the solid "Aircraft I.D. Type", or a built up version?!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:15 pm

Kim wrote:
Brenda wrote:I got a 1944 Comet kit of the mighty B-29.

Cool!  Is it one of the solid "Aircraft I.D. Type", or a built up version?!

It's solid ID type. I didn't know there was any build up kind during war time
Brenda
Brenda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Probably not...guess I was thinking about the Cleveland Kits, though those may have been post-war...
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Empty re:anybody get anything cool for christmas

Post  craig bernard Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Thats pretty cool brenda getting a 70 year old kit for christmas.I suppose it was in decent shape?happy holidays craig RC Plane
craig bernard
craig bernard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  craig bernard Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:53 pm

I forgot I bought a skycopter helicopter in original box.Looks to be in good condition its from 70s seller says its missing tail rotor and one of the weights that go on the big rotors.should be coming in mail shortly I hope.I dont know I guess its a bit of a gamble what you will end up with till you actually receive it. Im sure theres some horror stories out there that people have bid on probably better left forgotten! RC Plane
craig bernard
craig bernard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:03 pm

Kim wrote:
TDbandit wrote:

Nice!! what AR platform is that BTW? (Bandit)

Mike's is a Stag Arms A3.  Rory got him a BEC Scope for Christmas, and he had the silly thing on paper at 50 yrds in about 3 rounds !

Both his and mine are .223's[/quote]
Cool!! I have a Norinco paratrooper SKS that I love and it's cheap to shoot on top of it. i'm wanting to get my hands on an AR just haven't made my mind up on which type..
(Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:20 am

Cribbs74 wrote:Let's hear it!

Yes, I got 2 books titled "Repülőmodellezés" meaning in Hungarian "Aeromodeling". The first volume is an antique book dating back to 1982, the 2nd volume is pretty new.
The 1st Volume is fine old-style engineering with lots of very handy explanations on what to do and how.
Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Repyla10

The latter carries pretty theoretical stuff. So my ignorance will soon be over.... lol! (Neither one of them explains how to best avoid sticking your index finger and thumb together with CA glue, while building your balsa plane, though...)

Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Repyla11

So chances are after 20+ R/C planes built in the past couple years my instincts will be fortified by science as well.

I also got some sunny weather, even though it was freezing cold, so I could fly my Skorch and Toucan R/C birds.
Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Skorch10

Last, I  got an Amazon Kindle e-book reader..I downloaded one of my favorite documentary books Helter Skelter...may seem bizarre to read about the Charles Manson killing rampage in Xmas time, but this is a really thrilling book to read.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:29 am

Well my dad and I were not going to exchange but he decided I needed something and I got a regift from up stairs that I had bought him 15-20 yrs. ago and turned out to be more trouble than he wanted to put in too it . And he thinks he bought it but I kindly told him I had and we laughed on that some ..  Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Wp_20143   lol!  Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? My_chr14  The Good stuff(from me to me)  Anybody get anything cool for Christmas? Fox_1510  And the Power plant!! Merry Christmas All CEFs  Eric Christmas Tree
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:59 am

Hey Eric!! Merry Christmas to you too!! That's an endearing story on the re-gift from your Dad. Nice model package from "you to you"........ Thumbs Up
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:12 am

Eric, what are you using those props for? Those props are used for Formula .40 racing engines.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:57 pm

ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next