Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning Cox_ba12




Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning Pixel

Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by roddie Today at 9:24 am

» Reliving my childhood with a very rare and totally undesirable yellow head Babe Bee
by Greenman38633 Today at 9:20 am

» Choke Tube "stuff"...
by Greenman38633 Today at 9:18 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by crankbndr Today at 8:59 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:39 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:22 am

» K&B greenhead Torpedo 19/23 prop driver
by ffkiwi Today at 6:16 am

» Mounting screws for horseshoe backplate
by KariFS Today at 12:12 am

» So to the rescue of an EZ BEE .049 r/c
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:20 pm

» Making a water-cooling coil for a Cox .049 engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 9:27 pm

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 8:45 pm

» K&B Torpedo .19 Green Head CL Needle Valve
by ffkiwi Yesterday at 7:00 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery


Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning Empty
Live on Patrol


Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning

Go down

Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning Empty Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning

Post  SuperDave Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:46 am

When dissasembling small engines I find it very useful to work over a 9"X9" disposible aluminum baking pan salvaged from the kitchen garbage then cleaned before any engine work.

As small parts are removed let them drop into the pan where they are contained and may be easily seen and cleaned with out searching for them in your work area.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

Back to top Go down

Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning Empty Re: Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning

Post  andrew Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:03 pm

SuperDave wrote:..............As small parts are removed let them drop into the pan where they are contained and may be easily seen and cleaned with out searching for them in your work area.

I've spent far too much time on my hands and knees with a flashlight searching the floor for some small part that I've dropped. I work over a soft mat so the parts won't be as likely to bounce or roll off the table. I do, however, keep a container nearby to hold the parts after they've been removed.
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1813
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 76
Location : Western Kentucky

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning Empty Re: Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning

Post  nitroairplane Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:11 pm

andrew wrote:
SuperDave wrote:..............As small parts are removed let them drop into the pan where they are contained and may be easily seen and cleaned with out searching for them in your work area.

I've spent far too much time on my hands and knees with a flashlight searching the floor for some small part that I've dropped. I work over a soft mat so the parts won't be as likely to bounce or roll off the table. I do, however, keep a container nearby to hold the parts after they've been removed.

I find that using magnets make finding small screws easier just do a sweep with a magnetic bar
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning Empty Re: Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning

Post  RknRusty Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:11 pm

My wife just bought new baking pans. Great idea, I always have a large clean work area and I'm meticulous about staying organized(spent years in plush offices working on office machines), but I always end up on my knees under the worktable. My three primary work horses need need overhauling this week. I'm commandeering an old pan tonight.

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 10869
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 68
Location : South Carolina, USA

Back to top Go down

Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning Empty Re: Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning

Post  nitroairplane Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:12 pm

RknRusty wrote:My wife just bought new baking pans. Great idea, I always have a large clean work area and I'm meticulous about staying organized(spent years in plush offices working on office machines), but I always end up on my knees under the worktable. My three primary work horses need need overhauling this week. I'm commandeering an old pan tonight.


I think you should just commandeer it permanently
.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning Empty Re: Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning

Post  fit90 Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Why not one of the new ones? Can you tell I am not married?
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1336
Join date : 2011-08-11
Location : Naples, Florida

Back to top Go down

Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning Empty Re: Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning

Post  SuperDave Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:43 pm

fit90 wrote:Why not one of the new ones? Can you tell I am not married?

I condsider using an old one as giving new life to discarded aluminum like recycling beer cans.

Remember I'm the guy that collects the small plastic cups after Communion at church. Nifty for mixing small quantities of epoxy.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Posts : 3552
Join date : 2011-08-13
Location : Washington (state)

Back to top Go down

Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning Empty Re: Tip: engine disassembly/cleaning

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum