Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Can't sign up for Yahoo - But Comet RTF question Cox_ba12

Can't sign up for Yahoo - But Comet RTF question Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Today at 9:54 am

» How's the weather?
by HalfaDave Today at 9:34 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 8:27 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by sosam117 Today at 8:24 am

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by crankbndr Today at 8:03 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Can't sign up for Yahoo - But Comet RTF question Empty
Live on Patrol

Can't sign up for Yahoo - But Comet RTF question

Go down

Can't sign up for Yahoo - But Comet RTF question Empty Can't sign up for Yahoo - But Comet RTF question

Post  GWILLIEFOX Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:30 pm

Dear Mark,

I wanted to try and logon to your group. Yahoo has deactivated my account. I tried to apply for a new account and they said I didn't meet certain age requirements. I guess I'm too old. So I tried to re-apply and lie about my age, but they said my user name, the same one that was deacitivated, was unavailable. How many gwillie_foxes are there?

Your group was always a great place, but I used to have problems signing on back then. Now I can't get on period.
Not your problem, just an old man venting.

Is it correct to say excepting the Sabre 44 and the Belond car, all engines in the Comet RTFs were either beam mounted or radial mounted and all had the cylinders horizontal? I'm helping Tim Dannels with Volume II of his fabulous American Model Engine Encylopedia and want to mention the Comet RTFs.

Thanks Mark
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Can't sign up for Yahoo - But Comet RTF question Empty Re: Can't sign up for Yahoo - But Comet RTF question

Post  GWILLIEFOX Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:55 pm

Also Mark, do you have a list of the Comet RTFs with the dates they were introduced?
Bill
GWILLIEFOX
GWILLIEFOX
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Can't sign up for Yahoo - But Comet RTF question Empty Re: Can't sign up for Yahoo - But Comet RTF question

Post  Mark Boesen Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi Bill,

I wish i did, i could ball park dates +/- a year..

I don't want to start venting about yahoo, it would go on all night! Nothing like taking 10 years and 4500 photos and make them almost impossible to access! I should of switched to a different format years ago, my bad!

It sounds like you need to recover your yahoo pass word and re-enter it, yahoo recognizes your name but not your password? That was always the problem with a yahoo group, you needed a yahoo account to join.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:40 am

Keep on trying Bill, it took me more than once before I found the magic yahoo password formula. It's worth the time and trouble once you get there.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:46 pm

I've heard all about your site Mark, but never checked it out. I have an old yahoo.ca account that should still be active. I may try logging in with that.

Nope... didn't work.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:56 pm

It was fairly easy for me to sign up years ago because I already had Yahoo email ( the worst on the planet).
All I had to do was get through Mark. lol! Very Happy The website is really worth the trouble to get in.

P.S. I use Gmail now, wwaaaayyyy better.
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:11 pm

I've been trying to get into that yahoo group for a year. Whoever the admin is they will not accept me.
Brenda
Brenda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:05 pm

Still up and running. After I found my information, I was able to log in. It has been a while since I was in there last.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:56 pm

Brenda wrote:I've been trying to get into that yahoo group for a year. Whoever the admin is they will not accept me.

I hear that admin is a real jerk!

Brenda, you need to let me know why you want to join, mention something about plastic RTF's or 1/2a engines, etc., it's what i use to help keep spammer out, and there's a ton of 'em on yahoo.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:41 pm

crankbndr wrote:It was fairly easy for me to sign up years ago  because I already had Yahoo email ( the worst on the planet). All I had to do was get through Mark. lol! Very Happy The website is really worth the trouble to get in. P.S. I use Gmail now, wwaaaayyyy better.
Yeah, I got to agree with you crankbndr. Their plain text mode adds line spaces I didn't put and get a constant barage of ads for stuff or services that I could care less for. I used to frequent Yahoo Groups, but they made following messages and threads so difficult to follow and read. I think they want to destroy that once useful service including their E-mail.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Can't sign up for Yahoo - But Comet RTF question Empty Another hater of Yahoo groups

Post  706jim Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:03 pm

It's like they have gone out of their way to make the threads and messages impossible to navigate. And this applies to all sorts of groups, not just this one.

Just had to vent.
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum