Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2017
Mark Boesen's

Nice original Babe Bee from a Super Cub 105, late fifties.

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Tach Race 2017 Updates
Ready for Tach Race 2017?
Profile Scale Reed Speed
Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Little Jumping Bean

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Little Jumping Bean

Post  getback on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:35 pm

VERY NICE LARRY!!! you done Good , Is that ESSO / EXXON put a tiger in your tank ?? worked there for a few years.

Last edited by getback on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pic/)
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:42 pm

getback wrote: Is that ESSO / EXXON put a tiger in your tank ??    worked there for a few years.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!!! ...... This Site Rocks! cheers cheers Beer Cheers cheers cheers
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gcb on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:53 pm

That Tiger got to be quite a fad. Someone even sold little tails that you could attach to your gas filler so it would look like the tail was extending from the tank.

George
gcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:47 pm

I love those decals. I really enjoyed seeing them advertised on cars from the 60's -70's. I hardly pay no attention to them nowadays. Something to be said about the way they were strategically placed. Moon eyes, Hooker headers, Moroso, Wynn's, Auto Meter, STP, etc just some of my favorites. I always associated Union 76 with racing not to mention Sunoco premium 260. Jungle Jim comes to mind. Ken
Ken Cook
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:52 pm

Wow, that looks awesome. I also like the way your sewn hinge looks also.
NEW222
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:07 pm

Ken Cook wrote:            I love those decals. I really enjoyed seeing them advertised on cars from the 60's -70's. I hardly pay no attention to them nowadays. Something to be said about the way they were strategically placed. Moon eyes, Hooker headers, Moroso, Wynn's, Auto Meter, STP, etc  just some of my favorites. I always associated Union 76 with racing not to mention Sunoco premium 260. Jungle Jim comes to mind. Ken

Most of what a you listed are on my sheets.... i had a hard time picking just a few. The Phillips 66 i still wish i had put on ... as well as a Champion Spark Plug.

I needed a bigger wing .... lol
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:13 pm

NEW222 wrote:Wow, that looks awesome. I also like the way your sewn hinge looks also.

Thanks! I stitched that a couple of times till i was satisfied. The under side stitching has a couple coats of colored dope applied .... when my wife saw it she cried "NO!!". She said it looked nice and draws attention to it ... being all black. I like it when she's involved in my toy airplanes... so i said ok!!

Keepin'momma happy is important....... wink-wink
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:40 pm

larrys4227 wrote:
NEW222 wrote:Wow, that looks awesome. I also like the way your sewn hinge looks also.

Thanks! I stitched that a couple of times till i was satisfied. The under side stitching has a couple coats of colored dope applied .... when my wife saw it she cried "NO!!". She said it looked nice and draws attention to it ... being all black. I like it when she's involved in my toy airplanes... so i said ok!!

Keepin'momma happy is important....... wink-wink

Actually, I have to admit, sorry, but I am on her side. Just after posting and seeing it on the other forum, I thought that the hinging 'adds' to the overall appearance. Please don't flame me for this one... Shocked
NEW222
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:30 pm

That Bean's got style! I love the stickers too, used to plaster them on my big cars. Wanted but never had a Hooker Header sticker, I think my pipes were Moroso. But when I first met my (now)wife, she was either surprised or horrified to see a "Holley Equipped" sticker on my bedroom door. Spelled the same unusual way she spells it. Great work, looks like a good flyer you've built.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top