Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

"New" Windy videos are now uploaded to Youtube. Cox_ba12

"New" Windy videos are now uploaded to Youtube. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Oldenginerod Today at 1:59 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 9:59 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 2:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 11:22 am

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 10:57 am

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 8:59 am

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 5:33 am

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

"New" Windy videos are now uploaded to Youtube. Empty
Live on Patrol

"New" Windy videos are now uploaded to Youtube.

Go down

"New" Windy videos are now uploaded to Youtube. Empty "New" Windy videos are now uploaded to Youtube.

Post  RknRusty Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:33 pm

Paul Taylor from Stunthanger uploaded a new play list of Windy videos. Last time he put them on his Ptaylo channel, but the new ones are on his Cl Guy channel.

Here's a link to one I'm currently watching, but it's in the middle of the list.

https://youtu.be/766zdyQ7Gh4?list=PLg0IjwkivQPDv2wzF5wYmvQTAMshHv6oz

The first one I looked at had no audio because the background music he listens to as he works, caused a copyright infringement. What Dipsticks! That can be submitted for review. Good luck.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

"New" Windy videos are now uploaded to Youtube. Empty Re: "New" Windy videos are now uploaded to Youtube.

Post  Ken Cook Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:58 am

Rusty, glad you posted this.  Some good memories looking back on it. I was at most of the Pal Park fly ins. I truly enjoy going there, I just wish it was closer to home. One event that I loved the most is the fun scale. My F-82 twin Mustang did very well when I flew it. This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KYRMK2-pGo is the one were Dan decided to build his Oracle Raven. Joe Adamusko who initially starts off the video is another Philly Fliers and Rich Giacabone with his Stuka. Rich is a different flyer, He flies the other direction.  The Raven is almost done. This is pretty much the last time I saw Windy fly. He attended a few contests but motorcycles took over.

About 14 years ago and man does time go by fast Windy gave his Sweeper to Bob Zambelli. After some restoration work it was out to the field for some test flights. This is one big plane. Here's a shot of it hanging in Bob's kitchen. https://www.facebook.com/PhillyFliersCL/photos/pb.513140418756097.-2207520000.1428836566./828348410568628/?type=3&theater . The plane next to it is Bob's Nobler just to get an idea of the size. The plane was donated to John Brodak. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

"New" Windy videos are now uploaded to Youtube. Empty Re: "New" Windy videos are now uploaded to Youtube.

Post  ian1954 Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:56 am

I am addicted to these videos and the detail Windy goes into while building his models.

I have seen most of them now and find it quite an experience watching someone sharing the good along with the mistakes and the unexpected.

I also have enjoyed watching how his building techniques matured and blossomed over the many years covered by the videos. Videos that started showing an expert builder quickly turned into the master builder sharing his knowledge and experiences. A wonderful source of information.

I have learned that I do not have that level of patience, commitment or dedication to strive for perfection as he did, constantly, in the videos.
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:53 am

Neither do I, But watch one of the videos that's dedicated to pattern flying, and these guys don't miss, don't bobble, don't pull out too low... their planes always fly in a groove like it's carved into the air just for them.

Even if I had started PA as a teen with these planes, I doubt I could approach this level of reflex action that they can... I'm not nearly serious enough. It's baffling. Check this out:

https://youtu.be/upp6j-EdLNg

I like the Mustang flight right at the end of the movie best.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  rogermharris Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:30 pm

beautiful planes! perfect landing by the last mustang
rogermharris
rogermharris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:18 pm

I agree - wonderful models and flying.

I just finished watching a Windy video this evening - I find them quite relaxing - on this one he has almost finished yet another Spitfire.

He quite clearly states that he has spent over 600 hours spread over two years (and it isn't quite finished yet!) building this as part of an argument not to skimp on using fresh paints, dopes and thinners. If you've put that many hours in to something then don't skimp on a few dollars for finishes.

I would not dare fly it no matter how good I thought it was!

My most recent build was a disaster - I will post the results (it would have been unflyable) when I stop sulking about it!
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Do Windy DVD's exist?

My home computer is not comfy enough to sit in front of for long periods and my phone is too small. It would be nice to throw on a DVD in the living room.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:18 pm

Try this, Ron.

http://www.windyurtnowski.com/

There's some info on DVDs in a couple of places on that page.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  gcb Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:00 am

For those who want a "Windy" finish, be prepared to use a lot of paint (mostly Brodak dope) and a LOT of elbow grease. You apply paint then sand most of it off. For those not familiar with "silver" as mentioned in the stab video referenced above, a coat of silver, when sanded, will reveal imperfections not visible with clear dope nor filler coats. Silver also supplies a "blocking" coat that makes the finish opaque. Some folks use gray for this.

Windy also back masks so that no extra paint is used. This keeps the finish lighter because you do not have to apply extra coats to fully cover the previous color.

In addition to being an excellent builder and flyer Windy has won many "Concours d'Elegance" awards for his finishes. After you watch his videos you can decide how much to implement. Very few modelers will go the extra miles to get the "perfect" finish. Don't expect to get that finish with a couple of rattle cans. :-)

I have a bunch of his tapes. I don't think DVD's were available at that time. He always encourages sharing his information with your friends to further model aviation.

I'll be watching the new ones.

George
gcb
gcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:15 am

Cribbs74 wrote:Do Windy DVD's exist?

My home computer is not comfy enough to sit in front of for long periods and my phone is too small. It would be nice to throw on a DVD in the living room.

For the price of a couple of dvds you can get a gadget that you plug in your TV and then you can stream video from your phone or computer. I use Apple TV, because we've got a couple of iPads, iPhones and the tabletop computer is an Apple too. But there are other alternatives for non-Apples too.

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:50 pm

I just checked Paul Taylor's "CL GUY" channel and there are over 90 videos uploaded now. I think they're all Windy Urtnowski. Whew, that's a lot of video.
Rusty

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:28 am

Good Stuff , That will burn some time in a hurry ,but enjoyed the fling and ever body seems real friendly . I could never put that much time in a model , for one I don't have it or the patience Cant Resist The Bunn
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin king Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:06 am

I think ive uploaded over 700 windy videos to The Walt Brownell channel on you tube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQLZOloDrMlE4LDcTwc1wvw
kevin king
kevin king
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down