Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2017
MauricioB's

"Cox Tee Dee .010"



PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Gallery


Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  modelbuilder49 on Fri May 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Wednesday, April 29, 2015
After searching the Outerzone for something else that I thought was relatively unique I decided to download the plans for the GEE BEE Sportster by Ray Malmström from Eagle book of Model Aircraft - 1959 - 15in span - Scale IC C/L.  Although it’s definitely not scale it looked good enough for me to want one.  So I downloaded the plans, reviewed them and decided to begin construction and to do that I had to make the templates and make sure they were the correct dimensions to comply with the Cox Engine Forum Contest.  Once I had the templates made, I began selecting and cutting the wood that I had in my scrap box.  I used a piece of ¼” sheet for the fuselage, a piece of Sig 4” preshaped balsa for the wing and and some 1/8” sheet for the horizontal stab and elevator.  Between 1300 and 1830 I managed to get everything traced, cut, sanded and glued together.  For the heck of it, I made up some Monokote hinges just to see how they would work; normally I would use some cloth iron-on hinges that I make. Now to find an engine for it!  I’m thinking that I may have another Tee Dee or Black Widow available in my stash somewhere.  Anyway, it’s 1900 and I suppose I’ll call it quits for the evening.

Sunday, May 3, 2015
I made up some landing gear for the GEE BEE but seriously, I believe the wire is a bit too weak for long term use as it’s only .046” and I would have preferred using some .065” music wire.  I may have to get some and replace it gear later on.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015
I spent a little bit of time searching for a suitable picture to use as a finish reference guide and around 1300 or so I took a few minutes to give the GEE BEE a coat of Coverite in preparation for covering.  Around 1600 or so I decided to begin the covering process for the GEE BEE.  I drilled the motor mount for using the Tee Dee 051 and mounted a set of the Dubro 125MW wheels because they look pretty good and they only weigh 1.1 grams each.  I took a couple of pictures to document the build then around 1945 or so I decided to call it quits for the evening.

Thursday, May 7, 2015
After coffee and scripture I came into the workshop, updated the log then began the processes of the day and my goal was to complete the covering and trim for the GEE BEE by 1755 and it was done.  I completed the mounting of the bellcrank, elevator and pushrod using a Brodak 1/2A bellcrank, p/n BB-390. I used a piece of .054” music wire for the pushrod but as yet I haven't decided what I'll use for the lead-outs because I'm thinking about using some 15# Spiderwire tied directly to the bellcrank and make the lines devoted to the plane. I took some pictures to document the build and now to come up with a fuel tank for it.  I would try a bladder if I thought it would work but according to a message I received from a fellow the needle is going to be too touchy because the threads aren't fine enough and the fellow recommended that I buy a replacement.  It makes loads of good sense but at the moment the problem with that idea is purely a lack of funds on my part!  Oh well!!

Friday, May 8, 2015
I remembered I needed to input the final specs about it for the Profile Scale Speed event so here they are:
GEE BEE SPORTSTER is powered with a Tee Dee 051 and a Thimble Drone 5 x 3 prop, 15-1/4” wingspan, 13-3/8” fuselage, 14-1/4” L.O.A., and an empty ready to fly weight of 5.3 ounce.  Not bad I s’pose, now on to the next project!











avatar
modelbuilder49
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-09-12
Age : 68
Location : Titusville Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  KariFS on Fri May 08, 2015 3:05 pm

Me likey!

How did you make all the letters and such?

I am also designing a Gee Bee for the speed competition, reed class.
avatar
KariFS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 1134
Join date : 2014-10-10
Age : 46
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  modelbuilder49 on Fri May 08, 2015 3:47 pm

KariFS wrote:Me likey!

How did you make all the letters and such?

I am also designing a Gee Bee for the speed competition, reed class.
Thanks for the kind words  Smile .  Yep, I made all of the trim by hand.  Actually I goofed on the finish, the wings should have been covered in white with red scallops but for some reason, I went "brain dead" and covered them in red and didn't catch the error until they were covered  Shocked .  Anyway, the white scallops are hand cut from regular monokote and ironed over the red, the wing and fuselage numbers, letters and dice are hand cut accordingly from stick-on monokote trim sheet and the name "Gee Bee" was printed on regular 20# white paper, trimmed close, given a thin coat of medium CA then covered with a small piece of transparent packing tape.  All told, about 4 hours of .... ("fun" Huh... ) !!
I started to change the plan and make an engine mount for a Black Widow but there's something clogging the bottom vent tube and I can't clear it and the engine won't run so I opted for the Tee Dee 051 but I don't have any of the small Perfect wedge tanks and I don't know what size should get me the required 10 laps.  As I wrote previously, I really wanted to try a bladder but I was informed that the needle probably wouldn't work because of the cut of the thread, so I s'pose it's just going to sit until I can come up with a solution to the fueling questions!   Sad
Jim


Last edited by modelbuilder49 on Fri May 08, 2015 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
avatar
modelbuilder49
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-09-12
Age : 68
Location : Titusville Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  rsv1cox on Fri May 08, 2015 6:56 pm

Wild, whacky, and wonderful.  I like it.  Colors inverted or not work well.  I would never have guessed that it was unintended.  Did you use a template of some sort to cut out the scallops?  It's been years since I worked with monocote, but that model would get me back into it.

Sig 4” preshaped balsa?
avatar
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  roddie on Fri May 08, 2015 10:50 pm

Jim, I'm really enjoying these builds! Your Gee Bee is very cool! You could try a Perfect #17 (1/4oz.) or #18 (1/3oz.) wedge-tank and meter the amount of fuel with a graduated syringe. I don't know the fuel economy of a Tee Dee.. but I would start from there. Tank placement will be a factor. Make sure that you can easily adjust the tank angle and height to stay where you put it. Someone said recently that 1/4oz. = approx. 8cc's and 1/3oz. is approx. 10cc's.

I built my own tanks using 1/8" Copper tubing and needed to run large size fuel-line to get my reed-valve engine to draw using a uni-flow venting. I was running a backplate with a large air-intake (Killer-Bee style) and a Tee Dee cylinder. This "might" help your .051 draw fuel easier on suction alone.. but it would be a test. I connected the large line to the NVA nipple by making a compression-sleeve from a short piece of alloy tubing.



The idea is; it's easier to suck liquid through a straw with a large hole.. than one with a small hole. It might be worth a try.. rather than trying to find a fine-thread needle for a bladder.
avatar
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 5462
Join date : 2013-07-17
Age : 57
Location : N. Smithfield, Rhode Island

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  getback on Sat May 09, 2015 8:08 am

Looking Good there !!!! Wish I could build a plane in four hours Very Happy I would try and pick me up a fine threaded NV assy. and use a bladder the fuel draw is going to be and issue just my Two Cents Good Luck !
avatar
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 4272
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 60
Location : julian, n.c.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  modelbuilder49 on Sat May 09, 2015 4:26 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Wild, whacky, and wonderful.  I like it.  Colors inverted or not work well.  I would never have guessed that it was unintended.  Did you use a template of some sort to cut out the scallops?  It's been years since I worked with monocote, but that model would get me back into it.

Sig 4” preshaped balsa?

Greetings!  Yes, in this case, I made my templates from either 20# paper or heavy card stock, depending on what I was replicating, while referring to a picture I found on the web.  For covering, I prefer Monokote to some of the other options because, to me, it feels to be the right thickness and durability within the heat ranges needed for application.  Best of all, when applied over a surface prepped with Sig Stix-it or Balsarite, it really seems to resist the sagging and wrinkling over time.  I currently have a number of models that I have covered  over the years, one nearly 20 years ago and at least 3 done over 10 years ago to which I've never had to apply any re-heat shrinking!!  As for the pre-shaped airfoil balsa, it is sold by Sig Mfg and they have three different offerings as follows:
SIGB111 BALSA 3/16 X 3 X 36 AF SHEETS $3.18 EACH $2.64 EACH
SIGB112 BALSA 1/4 X 3 X 36 AF SHEETS $3.95 EACH $3.28 EACH
SIGB113 BALSA 1/4 X 4 X 36 AF SHEETS $4.86 EACH $4.03 EACH

Take care!
Jim
avatar
modelbuilder49
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-09-12
Age : 68
Location : Titusville Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  modelbuilder49 on Sat May 09, 2015 4:41 pm

[/quote] The idea is; it's easier to suck liquid through a straw with a large hole.. than one with a small hole. It might be worth a try.. rather than trying to find a fine-thread needle for a bladder.[/quote]

Thanks!  I just might give that "tank building another try!  The first and only time I ever tried it I build a couple of Perky's, 01 and 02) and had no idea what the other Perky fliers were using for fuel systems so I took a chance.  The ones I made hold just a hair over one ounce and allow me to get between 22 and 28 laps with a Fox 15 std and an OS 15 r/c (with the throttle locked open).  I rather enjoyed building them but it was a nightmare trying to solder, test, solder, test .... you get the idea!!  Now to figure out some dimensions!! Very Happy
avatar
modelbuilder49
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-09-12
Age : 68
Location : Titusville Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  modelbuilder49 on Sat May 09, 2015 4:53 pm

getback wrote:Looking Good there !!!! Wish I could build a plane in four hours Very Happy I would try and pick me up a fine threaded NV assy. and use a bladder the fuel draw is going to be and issue just my Two Cents  Good Luck !

Thank you!  Smile  I think there may be a slight misunderstanding!!  Shocked  It was at least 4 hours just for the trim work that was applied to the covering!! Neutral  The actual build from the making of the templates to the prep for the trim work took about 20 - 24 hours over aforementioned span of days!! Wink Hope this clarifies what I wrote! Take care!
Jim
avatar
modelbuilder49
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-09-12
Age : 68
Location : Titusville Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  Cribbs74 on Sun May 10, 2015 4:21 pm

Jim,

Great job on the trim. That design would really benefit from some sort of cowl being added. Ease of starting may be compromised though. Let us know how it flys for you.

Ron

avatar
Cribbs74
Moderator

Trusted Seller
Posts : 9531
Join date : 2011-10-24
Age : 43
Location : Tuttle, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  rsv1cox on Sun May 10, 2015 4:35 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Jim,

Great job on the trim. That design would really benefit from some sort of cowl being added.  Ease of starting may be compromised though. Let us know how it flys for you.

Ron


X2 on the trim Ron, but there is something about that rompin-stompin color co-ordinated TD hanging out in the wind that appeals to me.  Maybe that's the wacky part.

Bob

BTW - Did I miss something. Did you add any deflecion to the rudder or build in any off-set for the engine? Looks pretty straight forward from your pictures.
avatar
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2412
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  modelbuilder49 on Mon May 11, 2015 11:58 am

Cribbs74 wrote:Jim,

Great job on the trim. That design would really benefit from some sort of cowl being added.  Ease of starting may be compromised though. Let us know how it flys for you.

Ron

Howdy Ron! Thanks for the good words. Believe me, I thought about rigging up something for a cowl but I decided to stay true to the designers intent, at least for the first one and to verify whether it would fly or not. Let me assure you, I'm looking forward to the first flight. Hopefully it won't be too long from now! Very Happy
avatar
modelbuilder49
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-09-12
Age : 68
Location : Titusville Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  modelbuilder49 on Mon May 11, 2015 12:07 pm

X2 on the trim Ron, but there is something about that rompin-stompin color co-ordinated TD hanging out in the wind that appeals to me.  Maybe that's the wacky part.

Bob

BTW - Did I miss something.  Did you add any deflecion to the rudder or build in any off-set for the engine?  Looks pretty straight forward from your pictures.   [/quote]

Howdy Bob! Thanks for your kind words. Nope, you are spot on, there's no deflection to the rudder or the engine. I'm depending on the 3/8 oz weight in the outboard wing to keep it from chasing me Wink . I'm just waiting until I can find either a suitable tank or afford one of the fine needle valve assemblies for use with a bladder Neutral .
avatar
modelbuilder49
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-09-12
Age : 68
Location : Titusville Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  RknRusty on Mon May 11, 2015 3:23 pm

Lately I blow in and out of here so fast, I've just now gotten around to reading this thread. That's a whacky cool plane. I always find it hard to believe a Gee Bee will really fly, but the profile model doesn't give me that impression. It looks great. I hope we can get to see it fly.
Rusty

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
avatar
RknRusty
Moderator

Posts : 10437
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 61
Location : South Carolina, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  CHELLIE on Mon May 11, 2015 6:49 pm

modelbuilder49 wrote:Wednesday, April 29, 2015
After searching the Outerzone for something else that I thought was relatively unique I decided to download the plans for the GEE BEE Sportster by Ray Malmström from Eagle book of Model Aircraft - 1959 - 15in span - Scale IC C/L.  Although it’s definitely not scale it looked good enough for me to want one.  So I downloaded the plans, reviewed them and decided to begin construction and to do that I had to make the templates and make sure they were the correct dimensions to comply with the Cox Engine Forum Contest.  Once I had the templates made, I began selecting and cutting the wood that I had in my scrap box.  I used a piece of ¼” sheet for the fuselage, a piece of Sig 4” preshaped balsa for the wing and and some 1/8” sheet for the horizontal stab and elevator.  Between 1300 and 1830 I managed to get everything traced, cut, sanded and glued together.  For the heck of it, I made up some Monokote hinges just to see how they would work; normally I would use some cloth iron-on hinges that I make.  Now to find an engine for it!  I’m thinking that I may have another Tee Dee or Black Widow available in my stash somewhere.  Anyway, it’s 1900 and I suppose I’ll call it quits for the evening.

Sunday, May 3, 2015
I made up some landing gear for the GEE BEE but seriously, I believe the wire is a bit too weak for long term use as it’s only .046” and I would have preferred using some .065” music wire.  I may have to get some and replace it gear later on.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015
I spent a little bit of time searching for a suitable picture to use as a finish reference guide and around 1300 or so I took a few minutes to give the GEE BEE a coat of Coverite in preparation for covering.  Around 1600 or so I decided to begin the covering process for the GEE BEE.  I drilled the motor mount for using the Tee Dee 051 and mounted a set of the Dubro 125MW wheels because they look pretty good and they only weigh 1.1 grams each.  I took a couple of pictures to document the build then around 1945 or so I decided to call it quits for the evening.

Thursday, May 7, 2015
After coffee and scripture I came into the workshop, updated the log then began the processes of the day and my goal was to complete the covering and trim for the GEE BEE by 1755 and it was done.  I completed the mounting of the bellcrank, elevator and pushrod using a Brodak 1/2A bellcrank, p/n BB-390.  I used a piece of .054” music wire for the pushrod but as yet I haven't decided what I'll use for the lead-outs because I'm thinking about using some 15# Spiderwire tied directly to the bellcrank and make the lines devoted to the plane.  I took some pictures to document the build and now to come up with a fuel tank for it.  I would try a bladder if I thought it would work but according to a message I received from a fellow the needle is going to be too touchy because the threads aren't fine enough and the fellow recommended that I buy a replacement.  It makes loads of good sense but at the moment the problem with that idea is purely a lack of funds on my part!  Oh well!!

Friday, May 8, 2015
I remembered I needed to input the final specs about it for the Profile Scale Speed event so here they are:
GEE BEE SPORTSTER is powered with a Tee Dee 051 and a Thimble Drone 5 x 3 prop, 15-1/4” wingspan, 13-3/8” fuselage, 14-1/4” L.O.A., and an empty ready to fly weight of 5.3 ounce.  Not bad I s’pose, now on to the next project!













Very Nice Gee Bee Build Very Happy  Here is my Scratch Build RC Depron Foam Gee Bee in  E Power, but a 1/2 Engine can be used too. Its fast too, and with the elliptical wing, it flys like a Spitfire, Please Excuse the RED TONG used to hand the gee Bee on the Wall  Embarassed  Take care and have fun Everyone, Chellie





Last edited by CHELLIE on Tue May 12, 2015 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
CHELLIE
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-04-30
Location : High Desert California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  roddie on Mon May 11, 2015 9:10 pm

If you're a Gee Bee fan.. check out the Disney movie "The Rocketeer"... one of my personal favorites! Thumbs Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi0Et31E7s4
avatar
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 5462
Join date : 2013-07-17
Age : 57
Location : N. Smithfield, Rhode Island

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  modelbuilder49 on Tue May 12, 2015 9:13 am

CHELLIE wrote:
Very Nice Gee Bee Build Very Happy  Here is my Scratch Build Depron Foam Gee Bee in  E Power, but a 1/2 Engine can be used too. Its fast too, and with the elliptical wing, it flys like a Spitfire, Please Excuse the RED TONG used to hand the gee Bee on the Wall  Embarassed  Take care and have fun Everyone, Chellie
That looks kool! It's radio controlled isn't it? All these years and I haven't tried building or working in depron or any of it's similar products .... I just prefer and have a love for working in wood.
Jim
avatar
modelbuilder49
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-09-12
Age : 68
Location : Titusville Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  CHELLIE on Tue May 12, 2015 1:46 pm

modelbuilder49 wrote:
CHELLIE wrote:
Very Nice Gee Bee Build Very Happy  Here is my Scratch Build Depron Foam Gee Bee in  E Power, but a 1/2 Engine can be used too. Its fast too, and with the elliptical wing, it flys like a Spitfire, Please Excuse the RED TONG used to hand the gee Bee on the Wall  Embarassed  Take care and have fun Everyone, Chellie
That looks kool!  It's radio controlled isn't it?  All these years and I haven't tried building or working in depron or any of it's similar products .... I just prefer and have a love for working in wood.
Jim

Yes its RC Smile I have built with balsa for years, then i got into Depron Foam, Foam builds fast and you can throw your plane around with out to much worries of breaking it, if you do break it, a little 5 min epoxy and your out flying again Very Happy  Here are some of my builds in foam if your interested, Take Care, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55444
avatar
CHELLIE
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-04-30
Location : High Desert California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  CHELLIE on Tue May 12, 2015 1:53 pm

roddie wrote:If you're a Gee Bee fan.. check out the Disney movie "The Rocketeer"... one of my personal favorites! Thumbs Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi0Et31E7s4

I Like That Movie Too Very Happy
avatar
CHELLIE
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-04-30
Location : High Desert California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  modelbuilder49 on Tue May 12, 2015 3:07 pm

CHELLIE wrote:Yes its RC Smile I have built with balsa for years, then i got into Depron Foam, Foam builds fast and you can throw your plane around with out to much worries of breaking it, if you do break it, a little 5 min epoxy and your out flying again Very Happy  Here are some of my builds in foam if your interested, Take Care, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55444
Nice!!  Very nice!!  You have quite an impressive record of builds.  I found your cardstock SR-71 along with your other builds and honestly, I applaud you on all that you've accomplished  Clapping .  I too have quite a few builds under my belt but I never really got into the web posting "build log" thing.  However I've kept a personal log of building and flying since 1984. It started as something fun to do that transformed into an almost daily obsession. The wife thinks it's all right but it'll never be worth publishing anywhere sooooo, I guess I'm just pouring water into a bucket with no bottom in a sense. Actually, it's only been since I shut my hobby shop back in 2013 that I started following some of the myriad hobbyist websites .... and I'm still a little uncomfortable with the whole internet process but I s'pose it'll grow on me!!  There's only maybe 3 or 4, of a number that I've reviewed, that I like and participate with every now and then, as the mood strike me.  Once I read about this event on another website I decided to try my hand and now that I've completed six planes that think I'd like to enter in the Cox Profile Scale Speed Contest (I honestly don't care about the winning, for me it was the chance to build / do something different) I'll probably return to finish some of the other half finished projects stashed around my workshop.  At the moment my workbench is home to a replicated kit of a KYO B-29 for which I had to make all the templates, select and cut every component including the landing gear.  One of these days I s'pose I'll be satisfied with what I've started Neutral  Well, I guess I've wasted enough of your time, so I'll return to my pile of sawdust!!  Popcorn Take care!! Smile
avatar
modelbuilder49
Silver Member
Silver Member

Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-09-12
Age : 68
Location : Titusville Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  CHELLIE on Wed May 13, 2015 11:35 pm

modelbuilder49 wrote:
CHELLIE wrote:Yes its RC Smile I have built with balsa for years, then i got into Depron Foam, Foam builds fast and you can throw your plane around with out to much worries of breaking it, if you do break it, a little 5 min epoxy and your out flying again Very Happy  Here are some of my builds in foam if your interested, Take Care, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55444
Nice!!  Very nice!!  You have quite an impressive record of builds.  I found your cardstock SR-71 along with your other builds and honestly, I applaud you on all that you've accomplished  Clapping .  I too have quite a few builds under my belt but I never really got into the web posting "build log" thing.  However I've kept a personal log of building and flying since 1984.  It started as something fun to do that transformed into an almost daily obsession.  The wife thinks it's all right but it'll never be worth publishing anywhere sooooo, I guess I'm just pouring water into a bucket with no bottom in a sense.  Actually, it's only been since I shut my hobby shop back in 2013 that I started following some of the myriad hobbyist websites .... and I'm still a little uncomfortable with the whole internet process but I s'pose it'll grow on me!!  There's only maybe 3 or 4, of a number that I've reviewed, that I like and participate with every now and then, as the mood strike me.  Once I read about this event on another website I decided to try my hand and now that I've completed six planes that think I'd like to enter in the Cox Profile Scale Speed Contest (I honestly don't care about the winning, for me it was the chance to build / do something different) I'll probably return to finish some of the other half finished projects stashed around my workshop.  At the moment my workbench is home to a replicated kit of a KYO B-29 for which I had to make all the templates, select and cut every component including the landing gear.  One of these days I s'pose I'll be satisfied with what I've started Neutral  Well, I guess I've wasted enough of your time, so I'll return to my pile of sawdust!!  Popcorn  Take care!! Smile

Hi Modelbuilder49 Very Happy Your not Wasting my time Smile I love to see and hear what others have done in the Model Aviation Field, Thank you for the complements on my builds Beer Cheers Building allows me to be creative and it makes me think, I also love the Adrenal Rush of that first Maiden flight , it does not matter if its a CL or RC Aircraft, my Knees and hands are shaking big time Shocked Thats what keeps us coming back for more Laughing Take care and have fun, Chellie
avatar
CHELLIE
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Posts : 34
Join date : 2015-04-30
Location : High Desert California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: 1/2A Gee Bee Sportster

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum