Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Rearward mounted keychain camera - flight video Cox_ba12

Rearward mounted keychain camera - flight video Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Today at 6:59 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by davidll1984 Today at 6:57 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Yabby Today at 6:33 am

» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by latole Today at 5:44 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Rearward mounted keychain camera - flight video Empty
Live on Patrol

Rearward mounted keychain camera - flight video

Go down

Rearward mounted keychain camera - flight video Empty Rearward mounted keychain camera - flight video

Post  balogh Sat May 09, 2015 6:54 am

My flight with the Toucan today...probably the last for some time...soon after this, during the next flight the plane disassembled mid-air due to a ripped rubber band fixing the wing to the fuse..the wing and all gears survived...the fuse exploded upon a vertical impact at full throttle into the ground...the engine? Cannot be destroyed, I tell you!!!. Will drive my next one who knows how long.

(Life is not just a big long honey-licking, you all know..sometimes you find bitter drops too)

Excuse me the resonating noise during the video, you may want to turn your speakers down. I tached the engine with my acoustic tachometer on my smartphone, it revved around 24-25k unloaded in the air.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Rearward mounted keychain camera - flight video Empty Re: Rearward mounted keychain camera - flight video

Post  pkrankow Sat May 09, 2015 7:07 am

Yea, unless you find pavement these engines are pretty tough. Every destroyed model engine I have seen involved harder impact surfaces than dirt.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Rearward mounted keychain camera - flight video Empty Re: Rearward mounted keychain camera - flight video

Post  Marleysky Sat May 09, 2015 7:17 am

That was fantastic ! Loops, rolls, inverted nice flight. Sorry to hear it re-kitted itself. Good to know you can rebuild it. Thanks for the video, I liked the rearward view. Is it my vision or can you see the elevator "undulate " during flight?
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat May 09, 2015 10:51 am

Thanks balogh, That was nice a lot better after I turned the volume off it had a ungodly vibrating sound to it , yes I seen that stab/elev. doing that thing like it was in 150 * heat Smile Sorry to hear about the ground bounding it took I have had wings fold and come in wide open before /// A friend at the field came over and pulled the throttle back he said (at least keep the dirt out of the engine )????!!! Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat May 09, 2015 4:07 pm

Marleysky, Getback,

thanks for the condolences and positive words. I do not think the elevator did anything else than what I radioed it do, maybe the strong wind caused the whole plane to flutter...the noise is really annoying, I am not sure what was resonating, but this will remain an unsolved puzzle so far.

I am on my way to complete the rebuild, I spent some time on it today. Not sure if I will finish it tomorrow...the fuse, stab and rudder/elevator are done ....strangely enough I spend most of the time by building in a servo tray...

Rearward mounted keychain camera - flight video Toucan11
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sat May 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Marleysky wrote:That was fantastic !  Loops, rolls, inverted nice flight.  Sorry to hear it re-kitted itself. Good to know you can rebuild it. Thanks for the video, I liked the rearward view. Is it my vision or can you see the elevator "undulate " during flight?  

I looked at the video again, it is quite normal with this Chinese keychain camera if it is not fixed totally well, youtube usually offers re-editing of vibrating images, this time it did not offer when I uploaded.....
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum