Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Wanted: Parts for Cox Super Sport II, yellow plastic Cox_ba12

Wanted: Parts for Cox Super Sport II, yellow plastic Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» STUKA bomb dimentions needed
by Gordinir8 Today at 5:23 am

» Indexing COX cylinders
by balogh Today at 1:10 am

» 1/2a Skyray plans?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Postage stamp backplates
by JPvelo Yesterday at 8:52 pm

» my attempt at making an exhaust throttle for Cox .049
by roddie Yesterday at 8:20 pm

» Another of C.T. engines cleaned ---- Cox Tee Dee .09 --- Just today (3/26/2024) more Cox parts
by sosam117 Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Cosmic Winds, - Big Guy, Little Guys, Silver Guy and Wounded Guy.
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:18 pm

» My friend Ramón, his Cox .09 & Cox .010
by MauricioB Yesterday at 12:31 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by Cox International Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Parts Cox TD-4
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 8:40 am

» On ebay a very special Cox engine
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 6:32 am

» Introducing the new - "QZ" RR-1
by Admin Yesterday at 12:51 am

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Wanted: Parts for Cox Super Sport II, yellow plastic Empty
Live on Patrol

Wanted: Parts for Cox Super Sport II, yellow plastic

Go down

Wanted Wanted: Parts for Cox Super Sport II, yellow plastic

Post  steveWT Sun May 17, 2015 8:19 am

Hello! I have a Super Sport II in yellow plastic with the blue/white/black decals. I need the firewall/engine mount plate and engine* with prop and white spinner. Also, needing the elevator. Thanks!

*I assume its an 049 engine.
steveWT
steveWT
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Wanted: Parts for Cox Super Sport II, yellow plastic

Post  TDbandit Sun May 17, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi Steve welcome to the forum! Hand Shake
Ahh the big ol super sport The Super Sport II or variants are seen fairly often on Ebay so you might be able to score a firewall and or elevator from there. The engine is defiantly an .049 and are easily acquired in fact a sure Start .049 from Bernie http://coxengines.ca/ would do well, you just have to remove the snorkel he also has other more powerful engines that will bolt right in to to SS II just keep in mind that the Super Sport is a large fairly heavy model so the extra power would do it well. you can also try Matt at EX model engines as well. http://www.exmodelengines.com/ (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  steveWT Sun May 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Hello and thank you!
steveWT
steveWT
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Wanted RE:parts for SS II

Post  rat9000 Mon May 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Steve,those are the hardest parts to find for the SS II,as Bandit said they come in different variants,same model,just different names and colors,watch Ebay close,they do come up.
rat9000
rat9000
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post  steveWT Mon May 18, 2015 9:21 pm

Thank you rat9000. I've been watching ebay.
steveWT
steveWT
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  steveWT Sat May 23, 2015 8:55 am

Does anyone know the correct propeller for this Super Sport II? I see numbers like 5 x 3 and 5 x 4

I'm looking at one on ebay that might work. A 5 X 3 two-bladed with safety tips
steveWT
steveWT
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Sat May 23, 2015 2:35 pm

steveWT wrote:Does anyone know the correct propeller for this Super Sport II? I see numbers like 5 x 3 and 5 x 4

I'm looking at one on ebay that might work. A 5 X 3 two-bladed with safety tips
I'm pretty sure the SSII came with a 6x3, The rubber ducky safety tip prop will work but would require a longer roll out for take off but would offer more speed. In your situation, a 6x3 would be better due to it's weight "provides better pull". (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  steveWT Sun May 24, 2015 7:56 am

OK, 6x3 it is. As you can tell, I don't know a lot about these airplanes. I had one or two as a kid but that was a long time ago. I found this one at a garage sale. Looks like it was (possibly) never flown or fueled however, its missing some parts. Thanks a lot.
steveWT
steveWT
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Sun May 24, 2015 11:45 am

No problem Smile However since you are planning on flying this model while it does fly ok it is pretty heavy and somewhat slow and under powered. If you are low time I recommend on getting a balsa trainer like the lil wizard or sig skyray to get some time under you before flying the Super Sport remember, parts are hard to come by and a hard crash could very well destroy it. The balsa trainers fly better are easy to build, repair and cheap and fly well on a plain ol babe bee .049 in fact the Sig skyray kit can be had for around 23 or 24 dollars with shipping and will do about anything on a babe bee. These are only two of many exelant 1/2A trainers on the market. What ever model you choose will get you going in the right direction. Hope this helps man and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask anyone on CEF, This is the best forum dedicated to Cox out there and folks will help ya at a drop of a hat and are a wealth of information! all ya got to do is ask Smile Take care (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Davenz13 Sun May 24, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi Steve
I have been following this post with interest but due to time constraints haven’t had a chance to reply until now. I have taken some photos of the model I think you are referring to which may be of some assistance to you. It is new and never been fuelled, started or flown. Stamped on the bottom of the box is Nov 13 1986.

Wanted: Parts for Cox Super Sport II, yellow plastic Cox_su10

The parts list shows the prop as a 6D x 3P Cox part No 862 and this is the size that’s fitted on my plane.

Wanted: Parts for Cox Super Sport II, yellow plastic Cox_su11

The instruction sheet, which includes the parts list, is too large for my scanner (mine only goes to A3 size) but if you want I can take it to a print shop round the corner and have them scan it and I’ll email it to you. Sorry but I can’t help you with any spares for this plane.
Cheers
Dave

Davenz13
Davenz13
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Sun May 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Davenz13 wrote:Hi Steve
I have been following this post with interest but due to time constraints haven’t had a chance to reply until now. I have taken some photos of the model I think you are referring to which may be of some assistance to you. It is new and never been fuelled, started or flown. Stamped on the bottom of the box is Nov 13 1986.

Wanted: Parts for Cox Super Sport II, yellow plastic Cox_su10

The parts list shows the prop as a 6D x 3P Cox part No 862 and this is the size that’s fitted on my plane.

Wanted: Parts for Cox Super Sport II, yellow plastic Cox_su11

The instruction sheet, which includes the parts list, is too large for my scanner (mine only goes to A3 size) but if you want I can take it to a print shop round the corner and have them scan it and I’ll email it to you.  Sorry but I can’t help you with any spares for this plane.
Cheers
Dave  

Nice that brings back memories, I used to have one as a kid and flew it alot it's demise came due to a line coming loose at the bell crank. Very nice Super Sport (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  steveWT Sat May 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Thank you for posting that Davenz13 ! Thank you for the pictures! I don't need the instruction sheet, thank you very much for offering to do that. Nice of you. I wish mine were looking that good with the box and all. Mine is likely never flown, but it also wasn't well kept, missing some parts and all. The stickers on mine look good and it does look like it was never flown. I do have the firewall and engine now, albeit from the pink #32 Stunt Trainer. Fits perfectly and you can't see the pink firewall unless you're looking inside the nose. 6D prop eh? That means 6" diameter with a 3 pitch or something? I ordered a 6x3 prop for it and also a white spinner assembly, so it should look fairly correct. After that, all I need is the elevator.

I agree with TDbandit. I probably won't fly this plane until I get some experience with a balsa trainer or something similar.
steveWT
steveWT
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down