Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
July-2017
Mark Boesen's

Nice original Babe Bee from a Super Cub 105, late fifties.

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Tach Race 2017 Updates
Ready for Tach Race 2017?
Profile Scale Reed Speed
Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

A place holder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A place holder

Post  batjac on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:14 am

Well, when I got home from work, I didn’t feel like dragging out the soldering station to finish up the speed controller on the E-kromaster, so I figured I’d knock out a little task that I’ve been meaning to take care of.  I sometimes take an engine off of one plane to hang on another, but what do I do with the landing gear when it’s sandwiched between the tank and the mount?  I’ve been meaning to make some plates to hold the gear in place.  So, I grabbed some scrap lite ply and made them.  Not fancy, but functional.

The Fancy Lad Mark
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A place holder

Post  KariFS on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:23 am

That's a great idea to keep the landing gear from getting lost, and also to keep your hangar neat and tidy. It also gave me the idea to make a batch of engine mounts from 1/8" plywood for future projects. Would be a big time saver when building models (yeah it only takes 10 minutes to actually make one but getting the tools out and all that Smile )

I am going to make some metal plates to put between the backplate and Brodak mount to prevent the landing gear breaking the backplate during a possibly rough landing. Not sure if that is a real risk but since I am a beginner flyer and I just like all my Bees so much... Besides, my "American Boy" needs a just a little more nose weight anyway. I think a metal plate would be a good way to add some weight to the nose, and you can trim the weight by drilling holes to the plate.
KariFS
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:58 am

Great idea Mark. Those will come in handy. I hope that airplane gets an engine back on it soon though!! Babe Bee .049
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top