Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2017
MauricioB's

"Cox Tee Dee .010"

PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Gallery

Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

can't find the current thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

can't find the current thread

Post  roddie on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:47 pm

Holy crap.. I think I'm in the wrong thread.. (almost a year to the day since last post?.. I know that can't be right..)

.... Edit: That explains it.. I guess I was in a locked Speed discussion thread. My apologies  Rolling Eyes

Oh well.. a discussion is a discussion.. and I've started building a model for the Tee Dee class.. to be launched by the dolly I wrote about in the thread I can't find.. Laughing

I digress.. Before I get too far.. I have a wing-area formula that I need advice on. Span is at the 15" mono-plane minimum. Root chord is 4" and tip chord is 2" symmetrical; root to tip. When I do the math.. this works out to the minimum 45 squares.. right?

This wing shape is for a T33. The wing's leading-edge has gussets extending out from the fuse, that will add an inch or two to the total area. I've laid out a 1/8" sheet balsa wing which will have functional tip-pods in the way of lead-out guide/tip-weight provisions.

The fuse is two laminations of 3mm luan plywood which might be overkill.. but it will be a strong rigid platform for mounting the engine and will be belly-notched for the pin in the launch-dolly's cradle. The model will land on it's belly.. so the ply will be tougher by itself than balsa would. I also thought it might help balance this design.

Not much done on the airplane yet.. but it's a start.

It's got a real short-coupled tail moment.. I thinking with the luan fuse; providing some symmetrical weight.. nose to tail, The lighter weight wing's position will be easier to get close to the scale position. I hope...

roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Re: can't find the current thread

Post  Oldenginerod on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:04 pm

Oldenginerod
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie on Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:Roddie.  Is this the dolly thread you mean?
https://www.coxengineforum.com/t8333-take-off-dolly-for-sm-profile-c-l-models?highlight=dolly

I'm talking about the speed discussion thread where I first mentioned my dolly concept. I thought it was last Fall.. but the link on the forum's left column directs to the original 50-page discussion thread that apparently was locked.. possibly a year ago. There's a new current discussion thread with 2015 activity.. but I couldn't find it. We have new members who have speed build info there.

I found it.. It's like the thread's been split.

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t7115p320-cef-speed-contest-design-discussions?highlight=speed
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  getback on Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:35 pm

yes it was split and that got messing up my mine after the first speed race was finished Small Cox Logo O yea thanks for the rethread also Very Happy

Last edited by getback on Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thanks in order)
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top