Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» GSCB meet this Sunday
by GWILLIEFOX Today at 7:00 am

» The Breezy Hill Flyers "Black Fly-Day" Event !!!
by Kim Today at 6:46 am

» *** Double SIGH ***
by Kim Today at 5:15 am

» 1/2A Non-Contest Control Line Gathering
by Kim Today at 5:02 am

» Drill Press Question
by Jason_WI Today at 2:06 am

» Rebuild videos?
by Sunbird Today at 1:24 am

» Submarine ARA San Juan Lost in the sea ....
by batjac Today at 1:14 am

» testors mccoy running poorly video
by batjac Today at 1:10 am

» Phishing email from someone posing as you
by RknRusty Today at 12:51 am

» Recent engine acquisitions
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:08 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2017
MauricioB's

"Cox Tee Dee .010"



PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Gallery


Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Showing Cox a little love

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Showing Cox a little love

Post  rsv1cox on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:44 pm

I spent some time today gathering and mounting for display some of my more interesting Cox engines.  Of course, they are all interesting, but some are more interesting than others. Smile  Most have been ran, some have not.  Some may never be.





A pikers collection compared to most here, but it's a start.

They do have friends though. Smile



avatar
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2407
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Showing Cox a little love

Post  Marleysky on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:29 pm

SWEET! Nice display case and plexiglass mounts. Looks very professional. Someday I might get organinized enough to mount some of mine. Now, I just have a "box'o motors or two, or three. LOL
avatar
Marleysky
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I Support My Forum

Posts : 1420
Join date : 2014-09-28
Age : 65
Location : Grand Rapids, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Showing Cox a little love

Post  rsv1cox on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:38 am

Thanks,  Those plastic mounts make things easy.

I was hoping that someone would comment on the two different intakes on the Space Bugs.  Does one predate the other?  Why the change?  Simple minds want to know..... Smile

avatar
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2407
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Showing Cox a little love

Post  getback on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:55 am

Nice !! Very clean , did you AF boil that Space Bug? I have used some fuel hose length's to space the prop nuts on the one that want screw all the way down, but that was just selling display . I have yet to do any decent display for my sweet little baby's. Good Fun !! Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo  Eric
avatar
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 4268
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 60
Location : julian, n.c.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Showing Cox a little love

Post  Mark Boesen on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:12 am

The venturi on the right is the early version, i don't think it was made for more than a couple years at most, more than likely it will also have the non-flange case.
Better air flow, the early tank had a smaller diameter air tube as well, the new tank was first offered in the 1953 hop-up kit.
avatar
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 3359
Join date : 2011-09-01
Age : 59
Location : Rockford, Il

View user profile http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Re: Showing Cox a little love

Post  anm2 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Marleysky wrote:SWEET! Nice display case and plexiglass mounts. Looks very professional. Someday I might get organinized enough to mount some of mine. Now, I just have a "box'o motors or two, or three. LOL

What size are your mounts? Dimensions that is. Thanks, Andy

anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 285
Join date : 2013-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Showing Cox a little love

Post  rsv1cox on Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:28 pm

anm2 wrote:
Marleysky wrote:SWEET! Nice display case and plexiglass mounts. Looks very professional. Someday I might get organinized enough to mount some of mine. Now, I just have a "box'o motors or two, or three. LOL

What size are your mounts?  Dimensions that is.  Thanks,  Andy

The base is 2 5/8" overall, effective length is 1 7/8", width is 1 1/2".  Upright is 1 7/8" width is 1 1/2"

Bob
avatar
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2407
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Showing Cox a little love

Post  anm2 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:15 pm

rsv1cox wrote:
anm2 wrote:
Marleysky wrote:SWEET! Nice display case and plexiglass mounts. Looks very professional. Someday I might get organinized enough to mount some of mine. Now, I just have a "box'o motors or two, or three. LOL

What size are your mounts?  Dimensions that is.  Thanks,  Andy

The base is 2 5/8" overall, effective length is 1 7/8", width is 1 1/2".  Upright is 1 7/8" width is 1 1/2"

Bob

Thanks.

anm2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Posts : 285
Join date : 2013-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Showing Cox a little love

Post  rsv1cox on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:47 pm

Mark Boesen wrote:The venturi on the right is the early version, i don't think it was made for more than a couple years at most, more than likely it will also have the non-flange case.
Better air flow, the early tank had a smaller diameter air tube as well, the new tank was first offered in the 1953 hop-up kit.

Thanks Mark, Now I know.

Eric, both engines came to me in great shape. They look new, no need to clean them up at all. I just wiped them down with a soft rag and a little Remoil.

I get a kick out of seeing Kim fly them on his R/C planes.
avatar
rsv1cox
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 2407
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : West Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Showing Cox a little love

Post  akjgardner on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Very Nice Display Case.....I just stopped at a yard sale and they had an old dime store display case, but it was too high and needed work. It would have made a nice display case too.
avatar
akjgardner
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 748
Join date : 2014-12-28
Age : 58
Location : Milan Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Showing Cox a little love

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum